TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Carowinds Discussion Thread

P. 417 - Fury back open now with 100% less crack!

Looks like Fury will have a roar

Looks like it's sped up quite a bit, it's absolutely flying through the layout.

It's not sped up, it's just that fast. (this is originally my video but it's been reused)

The way it flies through the turnaround makes it seem unreal.

This has to be surreal to the folks at Carowinds. So much national and international coverage! I can't think of any other coaster that has generated this much "buzz" !

The POV even ended on 9GagTV!

That offride video is amazing, thanks TheDark8.

That was pretty fast! I thought that funky turn would be taken quite slowly like on many B&M hypers.

As to the roar, it surely sounds awesome but I get the impression that on quite a few of their new rides the first test runs sounded pretty loud and then somehow they ended up being quieter. I remember one of the first banshee offride videos sounded incredibly loud as did wild eagle and I still haven't been able to find videos form those rides after opening that made it sound that loud (and they could always change it after the first season or first two, like leviathan). Maybe I'm just being paranoid but I absolutel love the B&M roar and recently some of their new rides gave me "false" expectations.

That was pretty fast! I thought that funky turn would be taken quite slowly like on many B&M hypers.

As to the roar, it surely sounds awesome but I get the impression that on quite a few of their new rides the first test runs sounded pretty loud and then somehow they ended up being quieter. I remember one of the first banshee offride videos sounded incredibly loud as did wild eagle and I still haven't been able to find videos form those rides after opening that made it sound that loud (and they could always change it after the first season or first two, like leviathan). Maybe I'm just being paranoid but I absolutel love the B&M roar and recently some of their new rides gave me "false" expectations.

I believe most rides initially test with all nylon wheels which run faster and much louder than polyurethane wheels. That might be why you've noticed the sound differences. I think once the ride breaks in more, they swap some of the nylons out for poly wheels.

I believe most rides initially test with all nylon wheels which run faster and much louder than polyurethane wheels. That might be why you've noticed the sound differences. I think once the ride breaks in more, they swap some of the nylons out for poly wheels.

Oh, thanks.

As to the speed, well, I hope it runs at least as fast as on these videos.

I think the coaster will remain largely forceless. Lets be real, this isn't I305. However, I think this ride is going to feel fast and huge. It will likely be a similar ride experience to MF. It was never supposed to be forceful and thats okay. Not every ride has to be Maverick.

It does however break the B&M mold for hypers/gigas. for a while almost all of them were really similar. After Banshee, I have hope that B&M is entering a second golden age. It seams like they are getting creative again after years of bland. Fury is a prime example of this and hopefully rides accordingly.

It does however break the B&M mold for hypers/gigas. for a while almost all of them were really similar. After Banshee, I have hope that B&M is entering a second golden age. It seams like they are getting creative again after years of bland. Fury is a prime example of this and hopefully rides accordingly.

This is an interesting point. Almost all of B&M's hypers have exactly the same layout, with variances really only in a helix or hammerhead turnaround and maybe reversing the order of the finale (helix-bunny hops). With Fury and Leviathan, however, while they do have a similar flare to them (one or two main airtime hills, s-curves, unique turnaround, etc), there really is no argument that they are not the same ride by any means. Both seem to cater more towards the landscape of the park they're in. I'm very interested to see how B&M develops their giga coaster further with a different park landscape-- both have been turning right out towards the entrance, but not all parks will have this available set-up.

Obviously it has some force to it as the top of one of the dummies popped off today.

whelp........

Hate to break it to ya but they were drained in the station. The water people were seeing on the web cam was the residual water from some of the drained dummies. Still, none the least, the water flew out of those dummies quite violently! But no top popping...