TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Carowinds Discussion Thread

P. 417 - Fury back open now with 100% less crack!

I'd have to disagree with that statement, I got 39 rides on Banshee last year and felt that magnetic trim every time. It's very VERY VERY slight, but its placement going downhill helps hide the that it's there. These new magnetic trims on B&M coasters just aren't as obvious since they don't make any sound and are incredibly smooth.

Interesting... I stand corrected I guess! I could not for the life of me ever feel any sort of deceleration when riding throughout the year (Media Day, mid-season and fall). None of my friends who rode it could feel anything as well. Your actually the first person I have read on any forums that think the trim was on... Perhaps I just don't pay enough attention to the forums like I used to!

Well the fact is it was removed so either it was turned off most of the time or just "a bit on" if that's possible. If they thought it were necessary it would still be there, I guess.

Last year during haunt... the park was empty and we went straight for I305... didn't have to leave my seat... however the staff said that we could only ride twice in a row MAX. They said we are required to take a break and at least walk around and re-enter the queue. This was the first year I have heard such so I went to their guest relations and spoke about this ruling.... and they backed up the staff stating that due to the rides intensity and for safety reasons they limit the amount of back to back re-rides. I get it though....

So what did I do... I walked my a$$ down the exit and got back in line... of course!

but I get it... that on Fury 325... I wouldn't have to worry about such. Personally I don't think that someone should lower a rides rating because it is so damn good that you have to take a break... like rob said... and as a man... sometimes the sex is so damn good you need to a break before the 3rd go! lol and likewise... sometimes a coaster has the same affect!

That is the same policy Cedarfair put into effect for Coasting for Kids 2014. During the marathon you may ride 2 consecutive times, but then you had to take one off.

I could care less about that trim, but I'm LOL'ing at the people judging that it won't be noticeable just by watching a POV.

On another note-

After visiting kd with friends a few times however I noticed that my friends loved i305, but could only handle so much. Half of them quit after 2-3 rides.

2-3 rides, really? That's a lot for some people, even me. In my teens I could ride coasters non stop. However, as I'm a few months away from 30 I can only take the more intense coasters for a couple laps before it starts to get to me, and I'm in excellent shape. Your body isn't built to withstand those types of forces for extended periods of time, which is why I'm a big fan of "Beer breaks." Most people don't marathon roller coasters.

Perfect example is Mr. Freeze at SFStL. I do not like it as Reverse Blast.

Holy sh**, Vonni... did we just agree on something?

As I started getting older I've developed worsening motion sickness. I used to be able to marathon rides like El Toro, but now it's not really an option if I want to enjoy the rest of the day. However I still love intense coasters just as much as I always have, thanks to the magic of Dramamine! As for Fury 325, it seems to be meeting every requirement I have for an amazing coaster. I'm trying to arrange a trip down there for this summer, the POV makes it seem way faster, taller, and intense than the rendering...

That helix might possibly be the most uninspired element of the decade...but this thing looks frickin' awesome.

Agreed! Probably just there to push it past the 6,000 Ft length because it's too big and meandering to really provide and good positive g's - a good helix should make your cheeks feel like they're gonna touch your thighs (Kumba anyone?)! On the flip - at least it doesn't have MCB (or in the case of many B&M's, "Nearly Over Breaks" lol).

That helix might possibly be the most uninspired element of the decade...but this thing looks frickin' awesome.

Agreed! Probably just there to push it past the 6,000 Ft length because it's too big and meandering to really provide and good positive g's - a good helix should make your cheeks feel like they're gonna touch your thighs (Kumba anyone?)! On the flip - at least it doesn't have MCB (or in the case of many B&M's, "Nearly Over Breaks" lol).

They could have made the helix close to the ground: then it could still be long yet forceful.

Apart from that, the ride looks great.

I could care less about that trim, but I'm LOL'ing at the people judging that it won't be noticeable just by watching a POV.

On another note-

After visiting kd with friends a few times however I noticed that my friends loved i305, but could only handle so much. Half of them quit after 2-3 rides.

2-3 rides, really? That's a lot for some people, even me. In my teens I could ride coasters non stop. However, as I'm a few months away from 30 I can only take the more intense coasters for a couple laps before it starts to get to me, and I'm in excellent shape. Your body isn't built to withstand those types of forces for extended periods of time, which is why I'm a big fan of "Beer breaks." Most people don't marathon roller coasters.

Perfect example is Mr. Freeze at SFStL. I do not like it as Reverse Blast.

Holy sh**, Vonni... did we just agree on something?

Lol Prozach I do believe we did! Perhaps we are not that different after all!