TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Carowinds Discussion Thread

P. 417 - Fury back open now with 100% less crack!

Regarding the seatbelts having an impact on operations, when Intimidator got it seatbelts in the middle of the season, the trains would stack for minutes. The line was about 2+ hours easily on Saturdays. This lasted from April to early September. With Scarowinds approaching, they needed to get themselves together. I heard the crew got in trouble for not dispatching trains fast enough. I was unaware of this until I visited on a slow Sunday. The crew was sending out trains constantly when the train hit the panoramic u turn, sometimes even when the train immediately cleared the lift. I watched them all day. I was really not expecting that! I was expecting the trains to stack for minutes like always. This was from September until the park closed. I'm hoping the crew that worked that ride back in September will work Fury, because I have never seen operations that fast. Not even on Apollo's Chariot. Here is a video and I apologize for the constant back and fourth between the train and the station and the one in the lift:

^Some people like it more than Fury 325

Fury 325 looks fun and all, but I have to be honest, I'm much more excited to follow the progress on the new entrance plaza.

Damn right, and I still stand by it. Glad to finally see something interesting!

Saw this on Screamscape and thought it was interesting to say the least...

Park News - (1/23/15) We didn't even get to the end of January and I've already got a nominee for one of the most whacked out and weird Amusement Park related stories of 2015. Case in point... a man and woman decided to break into Carowinds on Friday night. Park security was tipped off when they spotted their truck parked in the lot, and upon investigating they were shocked to find an 8-month old boy alone inside the truck. Within 20 minutes the couple returned to the truck to find security waiting for them and had them both charged for child neglect and trespassing.

The news reports I've read didn't say what the couple did, if anything, once inside the park grounds, but the story does get weirder. When asked why they broke into the theme park the woman claimed that both Aliens and God directed her to come to Carowinds and break into the park. Well... she thought it was God leading her to Carowinds, but after getting there realized it was really Aliens who wanted her to leave her body behind and come with them. Yeah... Ummm... Yeah... kind of reminds me of that Heaven's Gate cult. I wonder if she was wearing Nikes. Thankfully the child was taken into protective custody.

Saw this on Screamscape and thought it was interesting to say the least...
Park News - (1/23/15) We didn't even get to the end of January and I've already got a nominee for one of the most whacked out and weird Amusement Park related stories of 2015. Case in point... a man and woman decided to break into Carowinds on Friday night. Park security was tipped off when they spotted their truck parked in the lot, and upon investigating they were shocked to find an 8-month old boy alone inside the truck. Within 20 minutes the couple returned to the truck to find security waiting for them and had them both charged for child neglect and trespassing.

The news reports I've read didn't say what the couple did, if anything, once inside the park grounds, but the story does get weirder. When asked why they broke into the theme park the woman claimed that both Aliens and God directed her to come to Carowinds and break into the park. Well... she thought it was God leading her to Carowinds, but after getting there realized it was really Aliens who wanted her to leave her body behind and come with them. Yeah... Ummm... Yeah... kind of reminds me of that Heaven's Gate cult. I wonder if she was wearing Nikes. Thankfully the child was taken into protective custody.

The Aliens were trying to lead her to their ship to be assimilated! It all makes sense!

image.jpg.920045afcfd3ca85862420bb910f8ab8.jpg

It's weird, I feel like I blinked and they built a coaster!!! Really. I've been busy at work and haven't logged on since the beginning of this month - three weeks later - almost done!

I really like how the two-toned track lets you appreciate alot of the banking on this - like in the turnaround. You see a whole bunch of that lime green which is awesome.

Can't wait to get on this!

As to someone like 20 pages ago talking about Easter Sunday in parks - I've found that in the south (I go to SFoG every Easter) parks are pretty dead on Easter. My friends and I call it our "godless heathen" tour - no fast passes required .

Edited by jynx242

It's weird, I feel like I blinked and they built a coaster!!! Really. I've been busy at work and haven't logged on since the beginning of this mongh - three weeks later - almost done!

I really like how the two-toned track lets you appreciate alot of the banking on this - like in the turnaround. You see a whole bunch of that lime green which is awesome.

Can't wait to get on this!

As to someone like 20 pages ago talking about Easter Sunday in parks - I've found that in the south (I go to SFoG every Easter) parks are pretty dead on Easter. My friends and I call it our "godless heathen" tour - no fast passes required .

LOL! That might have been me. I was going on Easter Sunday and I just wanted to know will crowds be light. I still plan on getting a Fast Lane Plus just in case. I went to Knott's Berry Farm for the first time in 2013 in late Nov., and the lady at the ticket window told me it was a slow day and I didn't need a FLP. But going with my instinct I bought one anyway. I walk into the park and it was a mad house! Every major ride was at least 45mins+! But for me everything was 10 mins or less. I know it sounds crazy, but I just buy it just to be safe.

Isn't it odd that they didn't do that when the first hill was finished?

Just seems odd to me, you had the cranes there to work high up in those areas, now that they're closer to the ground, and can send those cranes away, I would just think it would have made sense earlier...

Isn't it odd that they didn't do that when the first hill was finished?

Just seems odd to me, you had the cranes there to work high up in those areas, now that they're closer to the ground, and can send those cranes away, I would just think it would have made sense earlier...

i think the little things they are using right now can take it off, they'v already packed up all three cranes.

I'm wondering if they're planning on testing before they remove them? To see how the forces factor in to stability..? Just a wild guess.

Did they test Leviathan with the Brace on the drop? I could see them doing this.

Nope...it was taken off before hand:

I'm wondering if they're planning on testing before they remove them? To see how the forces factor in to stability..? Just a wild guess.

I could be way off on this but I think they may leave them there until they have went through and made sure the track alignment is 100% for the first test run.