TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Carowinds Discussion Thread

P. 417 - Fury back open now with 100% less crack!

They're really moving along at a quick pace! It's looking great, and I'm pretty stoked to ride it either later this year or, worst case, in 2016. That turnaround and banked drop under the new entrance bridge looks pretty cool, and might be one of the better parts of the ride (aside from the massive first drop, that is).

They're absolutely flying on these low-to-the-ground sections.

I find it funny that the curve installed today is around 100 feet high (according to RCDB) and it's being referred to as "low to the ground". It goes to show that this thing is HUGE!

Did anyone notice the tweet from Michael Fehnel today? Demolition for the Slingshot ride has started ! Are Slingshots any good? i've never rode the one at my home park (Kings Island)

Slingshots are great fun! But I would never pay more than $10 for one.

Here's a tip. If you want to do the Slingshot, do it first thing in the morning. I know at Kings Island, prices for the first 30 minutes or hour of operation is $5.

Fury325 is looking great! I have a Platinum Pass for this year, and I will try to make it over to Carowinds probably sometime around September. Can't wait to check it out!

Did anyone notice the tweet from Michael Fehnel today? Demolition for the Slingshot ride has started ! Are Slingshots any good? i've never rode the one at my home park (Kings Island)

I've ridden the one at Kings Island (also my home park), and came away feeling that the experience was just ok. The initial "launch" is definitely they best part, the rest of the ride was actually a little violent. It was worth the experience though.

I've ridden the one at Kings Island (also my home park), and came away feeling that the experience was just ok. The initial "launch" is definitely they best part, the rest of the ride was actually a little violent. It was worth the experience though.

I agree. The launch is pretty great, but then you end up getting whipped around after that.