TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Carowinds Discussion Thread

P. 417 - Fury back open now with 100% less crack!

^beat me to it, that picture is amazing.

Actually, all those pictures are amazing, thanks Robb and whoever sent those in.

At first, I wasn't sure if that yellow stripe would turn out well, but it looks really good. If only this ride wasn't over 18 hours away from me...

Carowinds will mostly likely be my first theme park visit of the year! No doubt about it!

100%, no doubt about it. I'm in Raleigh though, so it's not like there's another choice.

That's great! I plan on being there opening weekend. More likely Sunday. My first time at Carowinds and first time experiencing an opening weekend for a theme park. That should be very interesting. LOL. I just hope crowds aren't too crazy.

Carowinds will mostly likely be my first theme park visit of the year! No doubt about it!

100%, no doubt about it. I'm in Raleigh though, so it's not like there's another choice.

That's great! I plan on being there opening weekend. More likely Sunday. My first time at Carowinds and first time experiencing an opening weekend for a theme park. That should be very interesting. LOL. I just hope crowds aren't too crazy.

Well they're likely to still be crazy. I'd get there early and hit Fury first and you can likely ride it twice before lines build up too bad. Also Sunday is a much better choice.

Looks as though the turnaround will be done by the end of the weekend at the pace they are going now. With every coaster project I'm amazed at just how fast they go up.

I also like how the green sort of fades in and fades out on the that turn over what will be the new entrance path.

I went Sunday on opening weekend of Intimidator and it was fine. Great operations meant a 20 minute line.

Thank you! That's just what I wanted to hear! I'm buying a Fast Lane Plus anyway so hopefully that helps out. I do agree with everyone else though. Being this is the world's tallest giga coaster it might get very exciting! LOL. But I guess that's the point of OPENING weekend I suppose.

loudest B&M roar ever known!

KUMBA!

That puppy is the loudest B&M that I have experienced. Mantis was second. The best part about Mantis having a long line was the roar! Alas, Kumba is louder. It got noticeably louder after they repainted it a few years ago.

My favorite though, is how the sound reverberates and echos in the tunnel on Kumba.

On another note, think some Banshee crew members, (including myself) are planning a trip to ride Fury 325 on opening weekend.