TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Carowinds Discussion Thread

P. 417 - Fury back open now with 100% less crack!

Steel Dragon 2000 blows the other three out of the water.

This post is amazing.

I think that Leviathan looks relativly uneventful (from POVs) but Fury looks much more exciting. Not to say Leviathan doesn't look like a great coaster!

EDIT: When I wrote this post, I seemed to remember the ride more drawn out, but after watching the POV again, I take back my " relativly uneventful" comment.

Edited by GCI Wooden

I've ridden both Intamin Giga coasters, but I haven't ridden Leviathaj and probably won't ride Fury for quite awhile. I love in Virginia, so obviously Intimidator 305 is much closer to me, but after several last row night rides on MF in August, I slightly prefer Millennium Force. That could change of course with a few more re-rides on Intimidator, but I also prefer Maverick, which IMO is a more comparable coaster than MF.

I've only ridden one giga coaster so far (MF at Cedar Point), and since I wasn't going to Canada anytime soon in the future, I'm glad Fury325 is coming to Carowinds so I can experience a B&M giga coaster. MF was great, and had me screaming with joy the entire ride time. I'm just ready to ride Fury325 to see which coaster may play out better in my book. Only time will tell.

I've ridden both Intamin Giga coasters, but I haven't ridden Leviathaj and probably won't ride Fury for quite awhile. I love in Virginia, so obviously Intimidator 305 is much closer to me, but after several last row night rides on MF in August, I slightly prefer Millennium Force. That could change of course with a few more re-rides on Intimidator, but I also prefer Maverick, which IMO is a more comparable coaster than MF.

I've heard other enthusiasts say the same thing. Sky rush also gets brought into the discussion as well. Intriguing

I'm hoping next year is the big year where I will finally make my first visit to Cedar Point, or the promised coaster land as I was taught when I was younger. I live in NC so I'll likely get to hit MF, i305, and Fury 325 next year! It will be great to be able to compare all three so close together.

How is Leviathan uneventful? Is the pacing bad? It looks like a great ride to me.

I will say, I love Leviathan for everything up to and including the turn around. After that the ride kind of loses a lot of it's luster.

It is still a very good ride and I don't think it deserves a lot of the negative press it gets, but that's just my opinion.

As for Fury, I will say this is what I'll refer to as Leviathan 2.0. Fury does look much more of a "complete" ride so to speak. I am excited indeed to get back to Carowinds for this.

Overall the best part about the tunnels are the head-chopper effect.

That sounds great! But didn't they state that the renderings of the tunnel isn't going to look like the animation? I hope it's not that big of a change. I love how people can walk over the bridge and see a coaster speeding pass/under them.

^If its different, I honestly see it being because the park, or CF KNOWS the dumbass general public will throw shit at riders when entering the tunnel. Similar to the death of the DUELING Dragons. People are stupid and have ruined/will ruin anything.

^If its different, I honestly see it being because the park, or CF KNOWS the dumbass general public will throw poo-poo at riders when entering the tunnel. Similar to the death of the DUELING Dragons. People are stupid and have ruined/will ruin anything.

Facebook.jpg.5f800549cf980c18f8428fa152301e06.jpg

Edited by nicman

Nina Kleppe does not like! Nina Kleppe dislikes. Much disapproved. In the past, though, the fix to keep people from throwing objects has been netting. I believe thats what they have on Griffon's bridge.