TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Carowinds Discussion Thread

P. 417 - Fury back open now with 100% less crack!

Is it just me, or is the construction for Fury325 going slow.
I was thinking the same thing. However, I'm sure it is right on track.

Every coaster has a different timeline.....it doesn't matter how long or short it is. Remember, leviathan wasn't completed until February....and that was on schedule.

Is it just me, or is the construction for Fury325 going slow, because for Thunderbird they are already almost done building it.

I can not be confirmed nor denied that construction is on pace. I don't think anyone here has the construction schedule.

It would make sense for Holiday World to be further along since that area of the country has harsher winter weather so Holiday World has to get ahead of the curve before the severe weather sets in.

When I first watched the announcement I was like ohh a B&M giga meh. As i watch it rise I must admit I am getting excited to ride it this summer. I am a sucker for green coasters. Hopefully keeping my expectations low, will get my mind blown!!!

Is it just me, or is the construction for Fury325 going slow, because for Thunderbird they are already almost done building it.

I can not be confirmed nor denied that construction is on pace. I don't think anyone here has the construction schedule.

It would make sense for Holiday World to be further along since that area of the country has harsher winter weather so Holiday World has to get ahead of the curve before the severe weather sets in.

I'd go ahead and say that HW has also been helped out by the lack of bad weather. With that being said, B&M wants to start testing in February at HW, so that's why were seeing Thunderbird built at a much quicker pace. One thing I've noticed by following Thunderbird's construction and Banshee's construction last year, once the foundation work is completed, these steel coasters are pieced together pretty quick. My guess is they're right on schedule.

Looks like tuesday or Wednesday might be the big day where they complete the lift and drop!!!

I think the next thing that they need to do is install the crown, which is like the 3-5 pieces at the top, and it all needs to be done at once.

It looks like they are making decent time, I reckon once the lift is up, progress should pick up cause they won't be working at 325 feet tall.

For a Six Flags timeline, they are way ahead of the game.