TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Carowinds Discussion Thread

P. 417 - Fury back open now with 100% less crack!

Don't worry, B&M would kill themselves if they went with these.

I've never been a fan of arrow supports. They kind of look like a mess of steel.

I like those Arrow "scaffolding" supports, it makes the traditional steel coasters look like... traditional wooden coasters. (Stupid analogy, right. )

To be honest, I feel like this is more of a mess of steel:

I haven't gotten down to Carowinds in a while but from what I've heard on CC, the seat-belts don't have a huge effect on the ride. If you guys are worried about capacity issues, the new crews for F325 will be trained to handle them.

I still think that the seat-belts are completely unnecessary, but it's the park's choice, not mine.

Seat belts don't impact the actual ride experience in any way. Sure it slows down dispatches by a few seconds but it's not that big of a deal. Look at Banshee for example... Banshee has insanely fast dispatches and it has seat belts. The same goes for some of the other major Cedar Fair additions (like Gatekeeper). People only care about this ride because this type of train didn't have seat belts before but Cedar Fair has proven that they're fully capable of operating a ride with seat belts very efficiently.

This is a complete non issue.

Seat belts don't impact the actual ride experience in any way. Sure it slows down dispatches by a few seconds but it's not that big of a deal. Look at Banshee for example... Banshee has insanely fast dispatches and it has seat belts. The same goes for some of the other major Cedar Fair additions (like Gatekeeper). People only care about this ride because this type of train didn't have seat belts before but Cedar Fair has proven that they're fully capable of operating a ride with seat belts very efficiently.

This is a complete non issue.

Okay. Still, seat belts on OTSR are different as they're easier to check.

I heard that when Afterburn/Top Gun was built, it was to have a Godzilla name/theme before Roland Emmerich f'd it up. Does anyone know what the name/theme would have been after the sell to Cedar Fair?

If Top Gun/Afterburn was themed to Godzilla, Cedar Fair would have to name it "The Beast"!

It would have probably been one ugly looking coaster, it's strange Green is one of my favorite colors, but I think it's atrocious looking on most coasters, I could just imagine a Godzilla Green coaster.

Tony Clark must be crying right now.

Yea Raptor is hideous looking imo, same with Hyrda, in fact the only green scheme coaster I like it Riddlers Revenge.

I disagree, I believe the only roller coaster that we really can put up against fury is leviathan. And even in that situation I don't think that's fair since it's so far apart it's not really in competition, unless were discussing something like the Golden to get awards.

I am intrigued to see how it runs compared to Leviathan, which was not very intense but extremely enjoyable and fun, as well as compared to intimidator 305 which is clearly on the more extreme end of the giga coaster category.

No matter what, it's gonna be a great addition to the park and I absolutely love the color scheme (especially the thin stripe on the bottom) as well as the look of the new entrance to the park!

Next season I'll be going to Kings Dominion followed the next day by Carowinds and I cannot wait to put the two Gigas back to back!

I want a giga coaster to try to rip my head and arms off with force. Not just be a fun ride. I will be riding Fury this juneish, hopefully its forceful like I305.(Yes i know they are at different ends of the giga class IE out and back and twister style)

I want a giga coaster to try to rip my head and arms off with force. Not just be a fun ride. I will be riding Fury this juneish, hopefully its forceful like I305.(Yes i know they are at different ends of the giga class IE out and back and twister style)

Let's be realistic. Fury 325 will not be as intense at I305 at all. Though, being optimistic, I'm really hoping Fury 325 will not be as rattly as Nitro or Diamondback.

I am thankful for the new giga, but I really wish the park had something that I could rub in everyone's face. Reading the announcement posts, they all sounded like "meh, not interested". Unfortunately, no one on TPR (or many other sites) don't see our 3 B&Ms as great. An Intamin launch would fit that bill. Maybe one day we will see one...........

I'm sorry but you are in the clear minority and quite frankly your comment is a bit odd. Many like intense, but to go as far as to say you want a coaster to rip your arms and legs off is going too far. Im guessing you are a bit of a "sissy" boy and riding overly intense rides help you to feel more manly.

I'm sorry but you are in the clear minority and quite frankly your comment is a bit odd. Many like intense, but to go as far as to say you want a coaster to rip your arms and legs off is going too far. Im guessing you are a bit of a "sissy" boy and riding overly intense rides help you to feel more manly.

Not really in the minority, G Lock apparently is the only thing that makes a coaster good. It's the reason why most prefer Afterburn over Intimidator. I understand wanting a fast and forceful ride, but I don't see why losing consciousness is the only way to do it.