TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Carowinds Discussion Thread

P. 417 - Fury back open now with 100% less crack!

I've been on Nitro and Goliath and I can definitely say that B&M is capable of building a helix that grays people out.

I've grayed out on Goliath and could see it happening on Nitro along with a few of the inverts like Batman and Raptor (I have not been on Nemisis).

I've been on Nitro and Goliath and I can definitely say that B&M is capable of building a helix that grays people out.

That's not necessarily a good thing.

Didn't you know? Here on this forum G-LOC is the only thing that makes a roller coaster good.

As for Nitro, I've definitely greyed out on it in the times I've been on it. This looks like it'll be more like a GateKeeper helix, a bit of forces but nothing too crazy.

^Sure, greying out on itself is not a good thing but it does demonstrate (a bit) how forceful a ride is. I said a bit because I don't consider nitro a forceful coaster and it's one of the only two that have ever made me grey out.

^And is significantly faster and tighter than the one here. I'd be surprised if anyone feels anything on this helix - I'm actually surprised at how bland that part of the ride looks to be designed.

Me too. Watching the offride animated POV I noticed how "unbanked" the turn is. As B&M doesn't do laterals, that will mean it's not forceful. Certainly not like this:

thumb_dsc_0078_12.jpg.660cf38bd933a7b0c914b0fde7f3ed63.jpg

It will be neat seeing Fury 325 open and have a new world record holder for tallest un-launched roller coaster. This by itself may drive down attendance in Nagashima Spa Land where the current record holder resides (Steel Dragon 2000); however, next year Nagashima Spa Land will also be getting a new B&M (its first in fact) named Acrobat. Perhaps they got wind of the Fury 325 plans and did this to offset the inevitable loss in attendance from not having that record anymore. It looks like it is going to be a near-exact copy of Manta.

6020049qcg00001kjp2vs4.jpg.4aee86959882d26863a6cf89e43165e2.jpg

^^while records bring people in initially, I doubt that a ride losing its record would make people actively stop riding. After the initial hype has worn off, a record-breaker's staying power has to do more with if its a good ride or not, a factor which doesnt change no matter what the current records are.

It will be neat seeing Fury 325 open and have a new world record holder for tallest un-launched roller coaster. This by itself may drive down attendance in Nagashima Spa Land where the current record holder resides (Steel Dragon 2000); however, next year Nagashima Spa Land will also be getting a new B&M (its first in fact) named Acrobat. Perhaps they got wind of the Fury 325 plans and did this to offset the inevitable loss in attendance from not having that record anymore. It looks like it is going to be a near-exact copy of Manta.

I'd be shocked if Fury 325 lowers Nagashima's attendance by one person.

I don't think that Carowinds has any effect on attendance for a park in Japan...

It will be neat seeing Fury 325 open and have a new world record holder for tallest un-launched roller coaster. This by itself may drive down attendance in Nagashima Spa Land where the current record holder resides (Steel Dragon 2000); however, next year Nagashima Spa Land will also be getting a new B&M (its first in fact) named Acrobat. Perhaps they got wind of the Fury 325 plans and did this to offset the inevitable loss in attendance from not having that record anymore.

What is this? I can't...

LOL This is great!

Um ok, I'm sure Fury 325 will just make all those people Japan be like "screw Nagashima, let's go to Carowinds and ride a coaster that isn't as good!"

Um ok, I'm sure Fury 325 will just make all those people Japan be like "screw Nagashima, let's go to Carowinds and ride a coaster that isn't as good!"

Now there's an interesting statement. Personally from off-ride I'd say Fury's layout looks much more advanced and exciting than Steel Dragon's. SD has a lot of long, drawn-out sections where not much seems to be happening.

Now there's an interesting statement. Personally from off-ride I'd say Fury's layout looks much more advanced and exciting than Steel Dragon's. SD has a lot of long, drawn-out sections where not much seems to be happening.

I think you've forgotten how many people on this thread complain about B&Ms.