TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Carowinds Discussion Thread

P. 417 - Fury back open now with 100% less crack!

I'm curious, why do B&M gigas have the four across seating, and the newer hypers don't??

I think it's because some of the outer seats can be a little more rough and shaky (relative term for a B&M) as opposed to the 4 across.

I think the main reason Leviathan and Fury 325 have 4-across seating is to set them apart from the Hyper coasters at the same park (Behemoth and Intimidator). If the Gigas had the V-trains, the rides would be way to similar to their Hyper counterpart! Even the GP would notice!

I'm curious, why do B&M gigas have the four across seating, and the newer hypers don't??

I think it's because some of the outer seats can be a little more rough and shaky (relative term for a B&M) as opposed to the 4 across.

I think the main reason Leviathan and Fury 325 have 4-across seating is to set them apart from the Hyper coasters at the same park (Behemoth and Intimidator). If the Gigas had the V-trains, the rides would be way to similar to their Hyper counterpart! Even the GP would notice!

I've only ridden one hyper with the new seating [ Intimidator] and it didn't ride any different, but personally I don't like the way they look, so I'm glad the giga has the four across.

It amazes me for the fact we are all here for our common love of theme parks and roller coasters, yet people don't respect other's opinions, and not to mention the amount of condescending A$$ holes that live here just when there is a difference in opinion. Just goes to show that in this world, there really will never be a day where people, even with common interests, can coexist without all the drama.

What is so hard to grasp that this ride just doesn't do it for some people? My God... And then to be torn down over your opinion!? Do you realize how freaking ignorant you sound!? That's literally the same thing as getting upset that the person in front of you at subway ordered something you don't like.

Geeks picking on geeks. We're supposed to be safe here but the cool kids will still gang up on the outsider and put him in a locker.

It amazes me for the fact we are all here for our common love of theme parks and roller coasters, yet people don't respect other's opinions, and not to mention the amount of condescending A$$ holes that live here just when there is a difference in opinion. Just goes to show that in this world, there really will never be a day where people, even with common interests, can coexist without all the drama.

What is so hard to grasp that this ride just doesn't do it for some people? My God... And then to be torn down over your opinion!? Do you realize how freaking ignorant you sound!? That's literally the same thing as getting upset that the person in front of you at subway ordered something you don't like.

Geeks picking on geeks. We're supposed to be safe here but the cool kids will still gang up on the outsider and put him in a fluffy, fluffy bunny filled with medicine and goo.

I know your post isn't meant to be funny but that word filter made me laugh out loud.

^But wouldn't you expect the outer seats on the four across ones to be rougher as they are further from the centre of the train than the ones on the new trains?

From my personal experience the V style trains seem to have more vibrations and roughness, especially on Diamondback. I don't know if this is true for all of V style trains.

I took a trip to Charlotte over the weekend to visit Carowinds. This was my first time at the park. I’ll speak on Fury 325, before I get into my review. While standing next to the not working Fury 325 display, a teenage girl and her mother were looking at the details and ride layout. The girl was reading out loud and kept saying “That’s Intimidator!” as she looked. She repeated that 3 or 4 times and I couldn’t help but to laugh. Point is, the GP notices the similarities in the ride just like we do.

I got to the park around 3 p.m. Saturday and the parking lot was a lot packed. The tollbooth and entry plaza are much needed additions to the park. Once getting through the long security line, I didn’t hesitate to grab a Fast Lane Plus to make the best of my time. As I moved around, I expected the park to be a lot like KD and KI but it was a completely different feel. There was nothing impressive about the layout or ride placement and it was lacking the character of the other two former Paramount Parks I’ve visited. Ride ops were also extremely slow and I think I spent more time in brakes than I did riding. On the positive side, the park does have a good amount of coasters, plenty of shade, and a nice kids area. I also think the park is going in the right direction with the entry plaza and a record breaking coaster. I hope they plan on adding a flume in the near future followed by a launched coaster.

Intimidator-Easily the best ride in the park. Everyone screams Intamin but the B&M hypers are extremely fun too. This one has awesome floater airtime from any seat.

Nighthawk-I just don’t like these. lol

Afterburn- The best placed coaster in the park and very fun. The front seat delivers like the rest of the B&M inverts minus Talon and Silver Bullet.

Thunder Road- This was pretty much the Rebel Yell and Racer, could use a little track work.

Woodstock Express- A little rough but small enough that it didn't matter. I’m going to build one of these in my back yard.

Vortex-Does anyone like stand ups?

Hurler-I expected this one to be terrible but it wasn’t bad at all. The first drop to the second turn was really smooth. The last two turns were rough but no enough to complain about.

Ricochet-Standard mouse. I enjoy these.

Carolina Cobra-I passed on the boomerang

Carolina Cyclone-The train was stuck on the lift when I got to it and I tried to wait it out by riding Ricochet, but it stayed down for the rest of the night.

Carolina Goldrusher-This was the surprise of the trip. The helix and final drop into the tunnel at night was a blast. The goes in the category with Adventure Express.

Geeks picking on geeks. We're supposed to be safe here but the cool kids will still gang up on the outsider and put him in a fluffy, fluffy bunny filled with medicine and goo.

I know your post isn't meant to be funny but that word filter made me laugh out loud.

lol I just caught that

I took a trip to Charlotte over the weekend to visit Carowinds. This was my first time at the park. I’ll speak on Fury 325, before I get into my review. While standing next to the not working Fury 325 display, a teenage girl and her mother were looking at the details and ride layout. The girl was reading out loud and kept saying “That’s Intimidator!” as she looked. She repeated that 3 or 4 times and I couldn’t help but to laugh. Point is, the GP notices the similarities in the ride just like we do.

I think that is the exception rather than the norm. I am a programming assistant at a radio station and our facebook page has over 105,000 'likes.' We posted the Fury 325 pictures and it's been seen by over 650,000 people and counting. Currently, over 1,000 people have commented on it and I have read each and every one of them. Not one person mentions it being similar to Intimidator (because it's not). In fact, it's mostly, 'OMG, SEASON PASSES NEXT YEAR!!!!1111one"

So apparently Arthur Levine think that people will grey out on the helix on F325. It's a B&M so I wouldn't expect that. http://themeparks.about.com/od/rollercoasternews/fl/Carowinds-to-Unleash-its-Fury-in-2015.htm

While it doesnt look that forceful in the concept art/video, I wouldnt discount it just because its B&M. I have greyed out before on the Incredible Hulk Coaster quite a few times, and Im sure a select few other Beemers have done the same.

While I have not personally experienced it, not only have I read/heard about folks graying out on the double helix on Nitro, on two occasions this summer I was riding with someone who felt like they "blacked/grayed out" during that section.

While I have not personally experienced it, not only have I read/heard about folks graying out on the double helix on Nitro, on two occasions this summer I was riding with someone who felt like they "blacked/grayed out" during that section.

I second this. I experience at least a minor/quick grey out on Nitro's helix about 75% of my rides. I have completely lost my vision (similar to I-305's turn) twice. I've ridden Nitro give or take 25 times.