TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Carowinds Discussion Thread

P. 417 - Fury back open now with 100% less crack!

Too bad Cedar Fair dropped Intamin. An Intamin giga would fit much better than a B&M because they already have Intimidator.

Question: Do you have any proof that Cedar Fair dropped Intamin? I mean, sure, they haven't ordered a ride from Intamin in a while, but that doesn't mean they dropped them. They could always go back to Intamin if they wanted. But as of now, Cedar Fair loves B&M, and will probably keep buying from B&M for a while.

I'm sure Fury325 is a great addition for Carowinds , even though it is a B&M. Remember coaster enthusiasts only count for a small fraction of what parks actually earn. I'm sure the GP will eat this thing up.

Noticed the underground tunnel is halfway through the layout -- therefore the drop is not 325' unless the full height is even more or the ground is not as flat as it looks. I also think every other height spec in the facts are relative to this low point. (Actually I would support the idea of a giga with a first drop <<300', but in that case it would be more obvious and for different pacing).

Watching the video though, I was thinking B&M is out for revenge!

As to the entrance plaza, impressive, but looks like a lot of walking.

Ridership: I305 is obviously the king of the park- the big new flashy ride, yet it garners less of a wait running 1 train than Flight of Fear, Volcano and Dominator do running multiple trains every single day. Want to talk about bad return on investment? No brand new record breaking ride should ever be a constant walk on while the "old hat" rides around it garner lengthy queues- but that's exactly what happens on I305.

Um, Dominator has a shorter line the majority of the time (not at open and close) and lower capacity in practice than 305 (since the ride takes about twice as long and 4x as long on the lift). I've even seen Volcano's line shorter, everyone knows now how awesome I305 is at night... It did appear that many were intimidated in I305's first year, but have adjusted. It also seemed to me that park attendance jumped up as soon as it was announced.

One thing I'm confused about is that in the render of the new entrance plaza, it would appear that the current plantation house/entrance is to be removed. I see some of the locals being upset by this, as its a part of the parks rich history. Ironically, in the press release, they even make mention of "preserving the heritage". Correct me if I'm wrong, but typically you don't demolish something to preserve it, right?

The old park Entrance was pushed to the limits as it was and the insides of the Plantation House needed gutting and a new air system so the more feasible choice was to build a new entrance that has better capacity.

Noticed the underground tunnel is halfway through the layout -- therefore the drop is not 325' unless the full height is even more or the ground is not as flat as it looks. I also think every other height spec in the facts are relative to this low point. (Actually I would support the idea of a giga with a first drop <<300', but in that case it would be more obvious and for different pacing).

I just figured the top of the lift hill is 325' drop to roughly 10' or so above ground. drop 310-315? 95 mph, doesn't physics make it a little higher than MF?

WOW! I can NOT get over the amount of complaints people have about this ride. I was once told... "If you don't have anything nice to say, then don't say anything at all." That applies to this situation perfectly...

At the end of the day its a new coaster. Hell it is a new giga coaster. Why moan and complain because it is not to YOUR liking. If you don't like it, don't go ride it. Shorter lines for me.

If you want the perfect coaster for you... Then YOU spend the $28,000,000+ for the coaster so you can get every perfect little airtime hill, trimless ejector hills, and tiny overly forcefull turns that you want. Until then quit b!tching and enjoy the new coaster.

Nothing nice to say, so don't state your opinion????

People are just saying its too similar to Intimidator. Maybe if it would be nice if it was a different style vehicle or a different manufacturer.

Carowinds has a "meh" line up of Coasters, maybe (a BIG MAYBE) I will try to make it there.

So Fury 325 just didn't do it for you, huh? You're right. A 325-foot, 95mph coaster that is 6,602 feet in length looks very "meh" and uninteresting.

Okay. Here's my rant.

I understand that the majority of the comments on here are positive about Fury 325, but this rant is for those who consider this to be "boring", "meh", and any other negative, judgmental word you can think of (I say judgmental because none of us have ridden it yet...of course). I don't know about other people, but lately, I have been getting pretty bothered about everyone trashing every single new B&M coaster in that last few years. Why do enthusiasts constantly think that every new coaster to be built in the world at any theme park in the future has to be OMG KICK YOUR A$$ AMAZING??? We ride roller coasters for enjoyment and fun, not to train to become an astronaut.

In my opinion, Fury 325 looks like the best B&M ever built. What is there not to like? It has an ENORMOUS drop at 81 degrees (literally free falling 300 feet to the ground), it goes 95mph, it is a LONG ride, and it looks like it has some decent airtime. Oh yeah, airtime.

Does this coaster look like it will have OMG EJECTOR airtime? No. Does it have to? NO. I happen to LOVE floater airtime a lot. And especially with the open, comfiness of B&M Hypers, it is such a great feeling! It frustrates me when people say "no airtime" when they really mean "-0.02 Gs". If you can manage to ride a roller coaster that crests and hill and drops back down without lifting up our of your seat at all, let me know, because congratulations, you are able to defy the laws of physics, and I will totally respect you for that.

So strap yourself in, throw your hands up, and enjoy the ride! If enthusiasts are going to be disappointed and uninterested with a 325-foot monster, then I personally don't see the point in being an enthusiast anymore. I don't know about you, but I would rather have 325-foot behemoths (no pun intended) be built than Mega-Lite clones at every park. Diversity and originality is what makes being an enthusiast so much fun!

Okay, rant over. Had to let off a little steam.

I hate this coaster, I actually think it looks amazing and I really enjoyed B&M's airtime on Shambala, No the main reason I hate this coaster is I'll be in Charlotte for a few days in Mid April... probably about a month before it opens

Carowinds usually opens the new ride for that year on opening day which will be at the end of March so it should be open!

Carowinds has a "meh" line up of Coasters, maybe (a BIG MAYBE) I will try to make it there.

So Fury 325 just didn't do it for you, huh? You're right. A 325-foot, 95mph coaster that is 6,602 feet in length looks very "meh" and uninteresting.

Okay. Here's my rant.

I understand that the majority of the comments on here are positive about Fury 325, but this rant is for those who consider this to be "boring", "meh", and any other negative, judgmental word you can think of (I say judgmental because none of us have ridden it yet...of course). I don't know about other people, but lately, I have been getting pretty bothered about everyone trashing every single new B&M coaster in that last few years. Why do enthusiasts constantly think that every new coaster to be built in the world at any theme park in the future has to be OMG KICK YOUR A$$ AMAZING??? We ride roller coasters for enjoyment and fun, not to train to become an astronaut

In my opinion, Fury 325 looks like the best B&M ever built. What is there not to like? It has an ENORMOUS drop at 81 degrees (literally free falling 300 feet to the ground), it goes 95mph, it is a LONG ride, and it looks like it has some decent airtime. Oh yeah, airtime.

Does this coaster look like it will have OMG EJECTOR airtime? No. Does it have to? NO. I happen to LOVE floater airtime a lot. And especially with the open, comfiness of B&M Hypers, it is such a great feeling! It frustrates me when people say "no airtime" when they really mean "-0.02 Gs". If you can manage to ride a roller coaster that crests and hill and drops back down without lifting up our of your seat at all, let me know, because congratulations, you are able to defy the laws of physics, and I will totally respect you for that.

So strap yourself in, throw your hands up, and enjoy the ride! If enthusiasts are going to be disappointed and uninterested with a 325-foot monster, then I personally don't see the point in being an enthusiast anymore. I don't know about you, but I would rather have 325-foot behemoths (no pun intended) be built than Mega-Lite clones at every park. Diversity and originality is what makes being an enthusiast so much fun!

Thank you, I am so sick of these "meh" comments. This ride looks spectacular, and I'm glad to live 2 minutes from it.

Ejector airtime or not, this ride looks intense, and the drop and turnaround are awesome. Color scheme is great as well.

Okay. Here's my rant.

I understand that the majority of the comments on here are positive about Fury 325, but this rant is for those who consider this to be "boring", "meh", and any other negative, judgmental word you can think of (I say judgmental because none of us have ridden it yet...of course). I don't know about other people, but lately, I have been getting pretty bothered about everyone trashing every single new B&M coaster in that last few years. Why do enthusiasts constantly think that every new coaster to be built in the world at any theme park in the future has to be OMG KICK YOUR A$$ AMAZING??? We ride roller coasters for enjoyment and fun, not to train to become an astronaut.

People opinions....

Fury has a lot of nice twist and turn0 with some hills. Personally, I'm still wanting/waiting on another out and back or very hilly giga coaster.

Nice ride. I wondered this with Canada's Wunderland too, what made them choose to build a 200ft B&M sit down coaster then build a 300ft B&M a few years later. Maybe if it was a different style of car or company I would be a lot more excited about it. I wonder if CF plans on moving Behemoth and Intimidator to different parks in the future?

B&M hypers aren't exactly portable like a GIB or a wild mouse.

I hate this coaster, I actually think it looks amazing and I really enjoyed B&M's airtime on Shambala, No the main reason I hate this coaster is I'll be in Charlotte for a few days in Mid April... probably about a month before it opens

Carowinds usually opens the new ride for that year on opening day which will be at the end of March so it should be open!

You sir have just made my day/week/year. Here have some airtime

So used to US parks opening rides later than opening day I kind of just assumed.

I'm getting quite a strong case of deja vu, This entire argument already played out not long ago when CW put in Leviathan. Obviously Leviathan was a success for Cedar Fair so they're going to do same at Carowinds.

Also, Intimidator/Fury and Behemoth/Leviathan is like comparing chocolate and vanilla ice cream, they're both ice cream but they taste totally different.

People opinions....

Fury has a lot of nice twist and turn0 with some hills. Personally, I'm still wanting/waiting on another out and back or very hilly giga coaster.

I don't think Carowinds would want to do that since they already have Intimidator. With Fury 325, I feel as they tried to make it different than the other B&M across the park. More low to the ground, turns, etc. Same with Leviathan and Behemoth.

I definitely wish that this was Leviathan's layout! Being a Canadian, I'd like to say that Canada's Wonderland is at all up there in my list of parks to visit, but it's just not. 1 very good hyper, one "good" giga coaster and then a record setting number of extremely mediocre rides bar maaaaybe Vortex and Skyrider.

Good for Carowinds though The ride looks awesome.

If you can manage to ride a roller coaster that crests and hill and drops back down without lifting up our of your seat at all, let me know, because congratulations, you are able to defy the laws of physics, and I will totally respect you for that.

INB4

"But it's not OMFG ejector!"

^floater air > ejector(Eltoro is my favorite)

This ride looks sick. Came out of hibernation just to post. I like intimidator, I like Goliath (sfog) mix the two together and the South gets a new beast. All of you haters out there. How can you hate this is the 4th giga coaster. A rarity at the moment. the ride isn't open yet, so stop b*tching and go get laid. Life's to short to nit pick.

Am I the only one who gets quagmire giddy no matter the size of a new coaster. More coasters more fun.

^floater air > ejector(Eltoro is my favorite)

This ride looks sick. Came out of hibernation just to post. I like intimidator, I like Goliath (sfog) mix the two together and the South gets a new beast. All of you haters out there. How can you hate this is the 4th giga coaster. A rarity at the moment. the ride isn't open yet, so stop b*tching and go get laid. Life's to short to nit pick.

Am I the only one who gets quagmire giddy no matter the size of a new coaster. More coasters more fun.

We need more of this on the forums!

How about we all stop telling people how to feel, what to say, or what opinion to have about this coaster. Worry about yourself and let's talk about the coaster. Everyone has their right to feel whatever they want about the coaster and they shouldn't have to defend themselves.

Someone's panties are in a bunch.

Anyways, I think this may prove to be surprisingly forceful. Particularity those over-banked s-bends. And that sideways hill after the underground dive looks like it might have some hangtime.

Gotta love dem emotions runnin' high, for better or worse.

Just looking at any sort of hyper gets my blood pumpin', and this is no exception. 6,500+ feet is a ridiculous length, and actually is a welcome change for once. There's so many new rides that have a minute or less or ride time, and sometimes I feel gypped out of my time spent waiting an hour or two to ride (*cough*Disneyland). So it's nice to see that they're giving their guests a nice amount of time to thoroughly enjoy the ride. Still dunno if I'd go with Fury, but that layout sure does look furious.