TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Carowinds Discussion Thread

P. 417 - Fury back open now with 100% less crack!

This ride has a lot of things going for it. It does look very impressive, from the color scheme to the tunnel under the new front gate to those sexy high speed turns. It will definitely be a hit with the GP, and is a great addition to the park. If Leviathon and Behemoth can work in CW, then this combo will work in Carowinds too.

I feel like it's too early to criticize the ride, as it was just announced today and there's only pictures and video animations to go off of, with the only thing I may critique being the name... I'm happy whenever a new giga-coaster is constructed, as they all produce fantastic rides. Good job Carowinds! Looking forward to trying Fury out someday.

WOW! I can NOT get over the amount of complaints people have about this ride. I was once told... "If you don't have anything nice to say, then don't say anything at all." That applies to this situation perfectly...

At the end of the day its a new coaster. Hell it is a new giga coaster. Why moan and complain because it is not to YOUR liking. If you don't like it, don't go ride it. Shorter lines for me.

If you want the perfect coaster for you... Then YOU spend the $28,000,000+ for the coaster so you can get every perfect little airtime hill, trimless ejector hills, and tiny overly forcefull turns that you want. Until then quit b!tching and enjoy the new coaster.

This ride is officially gay-friendly! Look at the dude in the bottom right hand corner

Who cares? It's just a ride rendering, not to promote being gay. Unless you have something nice to say, don't say it! All these complaints are ridiculous. This is a great ride for Carowinds and I'm glad that B&M made such a good looking ride.

This ride is officially gay-friendly! Look at the dude in the bottom right hand corner

Who cares? It's just a ride rendering, not to promote being gay. Unless you have something nice to say, don't say it! All these complaints are ridiculous. This is a great ride for Carowinds and I'm glad that B&M made such a good looking ride.

I think that post went way over your head...

Gosh, we enthusiasts are getting pickier and pickier. Never in a million years would I have expected somebody to say a 325 foot tall coaster looks "boring".

I'm sorry that I don't think this coaster is amazing. I just think Intamin would done way better if they done this project. Even though I highly doubt Cedar Fair will ever build a Intamin again, I still think they could have done way better. Now I think if Cedar Fair wanted to be original they would have made the first B&M "Giga Twister". Something Raging Bull, but 10x better. That just my opinion though.

I never said "You must say this ride is amazing". All I said was that calling a 325 foot tall coaster boring is ridiculous.

But I don't want to get into a battle over this, so moving on...

I absolutely love the color scheme. That shade of blue is amazing and the green and white compliment it so well. I do like the color choices Cedar Fair are choosing for their new rides.

When I saw the track at the plant I thought it was gonna look extremely ugly, but the animation definitely changed my mind. That track looks beautiful.

Same! I don't really love the colors in theory, but in practice it is beautiful!

Here are my thoughts:

First off, I thought GateKeeper was a beautiful coaster, but holy sh*t, THAT is an entrance statement. The color scheme combined with how sharp that lift looks, that is incredible.

As for similarities to Intimidator, yeah, they're similar in some ways, but are *technically* B&M hypers, but the focus is different enough to warrant having both. It's not gonna make a difference to anyone that the coaster types are the same among two of the park's top coasters.

Also, I agree; FINALLY something taller and faster than MF at a Cedar Fair park (outside of Dragster ). I love MF- it's my umber three overall coaster, but Kinzel isn't running things anymore, and this is a good decision, IMO.

As for the "cookie cutter B&M" complaint, it seems to me that B&'M developed a formula for their hypers and have now developed a formula for their gigas. Is that a bad thing? Not necessarily. Most B&M hypers are very popular rides and are generally popular among the GP and enthusiasts, so why change it? The same goes for Fury 325/Leviathan- this ride seems like a new and improved Leviathan that is even more stunning and many of the complaints were taken care of (brake run, lack of airtime, length).

Considering the plot they chose for the ride, what more is there you can do for a nearly linear layout out and back Giga coaster? Seriously I'm wondering. The over banked airtime hills look very interesting and the dive under the bridge is AWESOME. What more do you want from this layout? They don't have the space to do a completely twister layout like I:305. They had a long, narrow plot for this and IMO they used it to its full potential.

This makes Carowinds one of the parks I want to visit most, and while you cannot determine how it rides until it is built, the layout looks like it could be one if the best coasters in the world. We'll see.

Just re-watched the POV a couple of times, and I've gotta say I'm actually really excited about this ride. Looks like it's gonna have a nice mix of speed, floater air, twisty bits, and crazy sideways airtime. And as much as I love I305, this will probably be way more re-rideable (can't really do more than 5/6 laps before my shoulders/brain just can't take it anymore).

Too bad Cedar Fair dropped Intamin. An Intamin giga would fit much better than a B&M because they already have Intimidator.

You can't blame them I mean Shoot The Rapids, Intimidator 305, Perilous Plunge, and Top Thrill Dragsters downtime would have caused me to drop Intamin for B&M.

One thing I'm confused about is that in the render of the new entrance plaza, it would appear that the current plantation house/entrance is to be removed. I see some of the locals being upset by this, as its a part of the parks rich history. Ironically, in the press release, they even make mention of "preserving the heritage". Correct me if I'm wrong, but typically you don't demolish something to preserve it, right?

Edited by Nickstroberg