TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Carowinds Discussion Thread

P. 417 - Fury back open now with 100% less crack!

This picture from a Facebook group shows the specs of Fury-

10569063_509981405798525_3999442427154626004_n.jpg?oh=eed39eec18408376260bec005d3fae81&oe=546D9E79&__gda__=1416578760_e6b0f0d0806764a716380bd0258e2503

"Weightless drop"... yeah, I think this is sideways airtime. Hopefully it works out! I also see "barrel turn" being used. I remember Leviathan called this element a "barrel roll", which was fairly confusing. Finally, does anybody else notice the transfer track is after the station?

Living in Roanoke, Virginia I'm exactly in the middle of Carowinds and Kings Dominion - each being 3 hours away. However, due to each park's lineup I visit KD about 8 times a season and Carowinds once about every other year. This will bring me down to Charlotte more if it delivers. How many people can say that they have 2 giga coasters 3 hours away from them?

I think the awesomeness of the entrance plaza to the park is being overlooked. It looks like it'll be even better than Cedar Point's nice new one. However, it does not look like any heritage and Carowinds past will survive in it's construction.

Also, the ride's actual entry plaza seems lackluster in the videos so I hope we have surprises left. It is nestled behind Juke Box Diner and yes, has a cool Leviathan/Gatekeeper/Banshee like sign, but other than that it doesn't really look as up to par as Banshee and Gatekeeper's plazas. I'm sure there's some details they're hiding like with the Intimidator additions.

All four U.S Giga's are in a days drive form me.

Leviathan is in Canada.

Living in Roanoke, Virginia I'm exactly in the middle of Carowinds and Kings Dominion - each being 3 hours away. However, due to each park's lineup I visit KD about 8 times a season and Carowinds once about every other year. This will bring me down to Charlotte more if it delivers. How many people can say that they have 2 giga coasters 3 hours away from them?

I think the awesomeness of the entrance plaza to the park is being overlooked. It looks like it'll be even better than Cedar Point's nice new one. However, it does not look like any heritage and Carowinds past will survive in it's construction.

Also, the ride's actual entry plaza seems lackluster in the videos so I hope we have surprises left. It is nestled behind Juke Box Diner and yes, has a cool Leviathan/Gatekeeper/Banshee like sign, but other than that it doesn't really look as up to par as Banshee and Gatekeeper's plazas. I'm sure there's some details they're hiding like with the Intimidator additions.

psssssst... Canada isn't in America.

We only have 3 gigas.

Edit: ^Beat me to it. lol

psssssst... Canada isn't in America.

We only have 3 gigas.

Edit: ^Beat me to it. lol

Canada is most definitely in America. It's just not in the US.

Good God Kinzel is having heart failure now that something has topped Millenium Force's height record........

So true!

But, looks like a solid addition for Carowinds. Everyone saw it coming pretty much, not much surprises with this one. Looks to me like they saw some parts they didn't like with Leviathan and made it better.

I'm sure a lot of people will like it and others will still complain about it since it's B&M. Looking forward to hopefully riding this in the near future.

One thing I've been thinking about: I know coasters in Europe are usually more expensive but when I compare Fury 325's price to shambhala's it's a significant difference (the former being cheaper) which is odd as shambhala is considerably shorter and smaller (and has the same number of trains).

Also, I wonder why they didn't go for 9-car trains as most B&M hypers with these did.

One thing I've been thinking about: I know coasters in Europe are usually more expensive but when I compare Fury 325's price to shambhala's it's a significant difference (the former being cheaper) which is odd as shambhala is considerably shorter and smaller (and has the same number of trains).

Also, I wonder why they didn't go for 9-car trains as most B&M hypers with these did.

I think it's mostly because the cost generally includes the theming as well, or am I mistaken.

I think it's mostly because the cost generally includes the theming as well, or am I mistaken.

I hope so. Otherwise it would mean that coasters in Europe are ridiculously more expensive.

B&M continues to get themselves back in the game! Looks awesome, like the non out and back layout, though I hope the airtime will be good (not sure how much speed will be carried at the end/trims??) but looks like a pretty sick ride

Totally love Gigas... Cannot wait! I had been putting off the Charlotte trip for some time now. I can finally hit the park and make my debut.

In all seriousness, the GP definitely won't care. They will all want to ride both Intimidator AND Fury325. I know I do! That is my favorite type of ride. I will love following this one!

Would anyone else liked to have seen the "ampersand" make its way to the U.S.? That element looks fun and its a beaut. to look at.

Also, seatbelts don't affect my opinion. Actually I'd rather have them. I don't know if its because I'm so tall (6'4) but how the clamshell hits mid thigh makes me uneasy. My first B&M hyper I held onto the metal underneath of the seat for dear life!

edit: Think I've been on too many intamins. Should have trusted this site that I'm not going anywhere with B&M floater...

Out of all the gigas currently in existence, this one appears to be the most complete ride by far. Reasons:

1)Great track length- unlike Leviathan which ends too quickly

2) Excellent emphasis on speed- After the first drop there is no subsequent hill over 191', guaranteeing the best aspect of all the other gigas.

3)Airtime hills- It appears as if there will be more airtime moments than the others as well, and unlike the rest, this one actually ends on camelback hills.

4)No trim breaks- I know this one may be irrelevant because they can be added at anytime, but one could point out that in the preview videos for previous B&M mega-coasters did include the trims. This one does not

Unfortunately you can't please everybody, but this is the tallest and fastest traditional coaster ever built, and it's completely devoid of simple gimmicks. I hope I get a chance to ride at some point in my life.

Indimidator 232, Fury 325. I like it. I do think it's somewhat awkward to have the coaster's height in the name. Intimidator 305 had that to distinguish it from the other coaster, but why this one? I guess it helps attract the GP by stating how tall it is.

The layout looks very cool, a noticeable step up from Leviathan, and I have a feeling Carowinds could have a winner on their hands with this beauty. It looks amazing, but does that mean it will ride as well?

This will be a wonderful addition. I have to say, I'm pretty jealous that this makes two Cedar Fair parks now with two amazing B&M Hyper/Gigas. At my home park (WOF) we can barely get a new ride (I don't count Steelhawk). I do hope Cedar Fair will give this kind of attention to the smaller parks in the chain. They could really use a boost, too.

4)No trim breaks- I know this one may be irrelevant because they can be added at anytime, but one could point out that in the preview videos for previous B&M mega-coasters did include the trims. This one does not

Yet the first airtime hill got a suspicious straight section (

), so I think they'll definitely put a trim here.