TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Carowinds Discussion Thread

P. 417 - Fury back open now with 100% less crack!

Does any B&M hyper have even mild ejector?

Silver star!

But seriously, no. I'm even doubting that the speed hill on Shambhala provides airtime.

IMO Leviathan looks to be what a B&M hyper should be like, a ride that focus on other things than airtime. (but if B&M want's to build a hyper with actual airtime by all means go ahead, until then though build speed inspired rides with over banks.

Just go to Canada's Wonderland if you want ejector on a B&M hyper. Both Behemoth and Leviathan have it in the front.

Behemoth has floater airtime at best. Leviathan only really has one spot that could be said is ejector (small bunny hop) but that isn't even near to what you would find on a ride such as Maverick (Maverick is the best example of ejector air that I have ridden).

^It's almost as if B&M is afraid of trying to put a little more air on their coasters. I'm not saying it has to be like skyrush but something like Fahrenheit's hill near the end that already provides some ejector while not feeling that intense. For those who have tried, how is Hair Raiser's hill like? I heard it was nice.

I would hope that at some point B&M would try designing a ride with ejector air in mind. IMO Leviathan had a taste of what they could move towards in terms of strong airtime (not ejector) but I can't picture them ever designing a coaster with airtime like Skyrush.

With CW as my home park, I can say that Behemoth and L306 have no Ejector air. Hell, in the back, leviathan barely has no air at all. The only one that I'd say has ejector is skyrider, which is sadly closing next month . Overall, I'd actually say the best airtime at the park is on the intamin 2nd gen tower.

I would hope that at some point B&M would try designing a ride with ejector air in mind.

If you want Intamin-like ejector air on a B&M, you have to give up your roomy seats. You have to have a tighter lap bar and add seat belts. It's all a trade off. B&M could build wilder rides per the request of the buyer, but why? Their rides are middle of the road intensity and attract the most amount of people (money). (I'm saying that, trying to understand the situation, not because I'm a big B&M fan - which I'm not.)

Personally, buzz bars on classic woodies are much more important than large run of the mill steel coasters (but I love them, too!) I would trade a few classic moments of air time for all the rip your face off uplift forces in the world. Just my 2 cents.

I would hope that at some point B&M would try designing a ride with ejector air in mind.

If you want Intamin-like ejector air on a B&M, you have to give up your roomy seats. You have to have a tighter lap bar and add seat belts. It's all a trade off.

Baloney.

If you want Intamin-like ejector air on a B&M, you have to give up your roomy seats. You have to have a tighter lap bar and add seat belts. It's all a trade off. B&M could build wilder rides per the request of the buyer, but why? Their rides are middle of the road intensity and attract the most amount of people (money). (I'm saying that, trying to understand the situation, not because I'm a big B&M fan - which I'm not.)

Speak the truth. Couldn't have said it better

Does the name really matters? Does the color of the roller coaster matters? We as theme park junkies should be thankful that a new coaster is about to be unveiled, with hopes that it provide some of the best experiences on a roller coaster. It can be called "The Fly" with pink and brown color supports. Trust me, when this ride is up and running next year the last thing that's going to be on people minds is name and color.

When I saw the newer Fury logo, I couldn't help but think of the other insects in already town, the Hornets, and that an insect motif would be a logical one with which Charlotte residents could identify.

Perhaps the queue will be a giant bee hive you have to navigate. Only the strong (the survivors) get to ride at the end of it.

Jokes aside, looking forward to see how big the reveal is. Leaks will happen; I imagine the plans are going to please everyone regardless.

Their rides are middle of the road intensity and attract the most amount of people (money). (I'm saying that, trying to understand the situation, not because I'm a big B&M fan - which I'm not.)

Here's the thing. Would people be willing to go to a park for a $21 million dollar intense Intamin or a $30 million dollar B&M that is the single most expensive investment in a park's history? Answer that yourself.