TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Carowinds Discussion Thread

P. 417 - Fury back open now with 100% less crack!

Look at the difference between these photos:

You'll notice a difference in the rail tie design.

X-Flight @ SFGAm

Source

And the Centurion Fury 360 Swarm BANG track delivered to Carowinds:

This was already discussed somewhere, I think (maybe the B&M plant thread) and I really don't know as with these brake run/pre-lift turns either B&M used the normal track or this but only when the turn is very small (like Oziris' turn after the station)

^ Yep, I pointed it up earlier in this thread. As you said, only Oziris has such a curved lowered spine section, but it's nowhere as long as those. Actually no, that kind of section also exist on dueling stations:

But it doesn't quite look like one, does it? I don't really know...

If the blueprints are correct, that track can only be for the turn from the station to the lift.....which still doesn't explain the lowered spine.

the leaked blueprints didn't have the station. I think we could be seeing a separate loading/unloading station.

I myself have respect for Jarsh, but putting a picture about a ride everyone is anxious to know about on the world wide web, and expecting it not to be tossed around then getting mad when it does makes little to no sense. If you don't wan't everyone to see it then leave it off the internet and keep it to yourself.

Why are we still discussing this? Didn't it happen like four pages ago? Surely by now Centurion Fury 360 Swarm BANG has gotten another rumored name or something we can talk about instead, right?

Also....

What's a "Jarsh"?

Sorry, but Cedar Fair sucks at hiding their coaster projects.

You sorta wonder if that is by design. I mean, track is on site. It's kind of obvious anyway, and we've been talking about it non stop for how many pages? And it will go on tomorrow, and then Thursday, etc, etc...

Sorry, but Cedar Fair sucks at hiding their coaster projects.

You sorta wonder if that is by design. I mean, track is on site. It's kind of obvious anyway, and we've been talking about it non stop for how many pages? And it will go on tomorrow, and then Thursday, etc, etc...

Yeah, perhaps their goal is to get people to talk about the ride rather than have a big, surprising announcement. I guess it's just more fun for us enthusiasts when we have no clue what to expect, as opposed to already knowing the layout, type of ride, manufacturer, color scheme, etc. It kind of makes it anticlimactic.

Regardless, this coaster has still received a TON of hype, and even if I live 2000 miles away, I'm still excited to hear the official word from Carowinds.

It would be cool to see a dual-loading B&M station in Cedar Fair's possession. Of course, it's not Cedar Point. The operations when I was at Carowinds in 2011 were on the level of a Six Flags park I'd be curious to see a chart of all the big park's hourly (coaster) capacity numbers.

One thing is for sure, they picked some cool track colors!