TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Carowinds Discussion Thread

P. 417 - Fury back open now with 100% less crack!

From what I've seen Intamins will generally be more popular with the GP after a few years. For Example El Toro has more people riding it than Batman.

You do know its more than a intamin vs. B&M invisible war that can be the conclusion why el toro "seems" more popular to you...

For one...the height requirement for el toro is 48 while batman is 54. More people are ABLE to ride el toro. Not to mention there is a large amount of the park goers who wont ride looping coasters...

Also, B&Ms are capacity monsters for the most part. Their lines are testaments to efficiency, not necessarily popularity. Furthermore, I could just as easily say Dominator at KD gets longer lines than I-305, so the point is moot anyway.

And we mustn't forget that Batman is 13 years older than el toro.

The Carowinds website says that this is the biggest announcement in Carowinds History, does that mean that it is the biggest investment in park history? I believe the parks largest investment was Intimidator at $23 million, and Carowinds has been set up with $50 million to use so a $30 million dollar coaster may be coming our way!

The Carowinds website says that this is the biggest announcement in Carowinds History, does that mean that it is the biggest investment in park history? I believe the parks largest investment was Intimidator at $23 million, and Carowinds has been set up with $50 million to use so a $30 million dollar coaster may be coming our way!

I'm guessing some of the remaining $20 million (assuming this isn't already in the $30 million budget) will go into doing something to the entrance plaza where the ride will fly over and the Hurler area where the ride will start.

Do anyone else think that Carowinds may be getting their first "female inspired" roller coaster? I did some research, and I even went as far as posting a video on my youtube channel discussing that possibility. Kings Island did so good with Banshee, maybe their trying to throw everyone off track. I'm not 100%, but anything can be possible at this point.

I do believe gatekeeper will still be the only coaster in CF chain still keeping the gate...but whadda i know.

I see more parking spaces being added closer to the front gate and some coaster interaction around that area. Maybe a bridge (would be cool to finally get that hyper under the bridge) or a tunnel. I can see new infrastructure as far as season pass, tickets, guest services and ticket counters that would be similar to cedar point but more in the fashion of the new tolls.

These are only my educated guesses so please...take them with a grain of salt.

Gatekeeper, you better enjoy your status while you can! Your big brother or sister will soon take over the "Best Front Entrance!" at Carowinds next year.

Is the giga supposed to be going over the entrance gates like Gatekeeper? I always though it would be like Leviathan and just turnaround near the front gates.

I dont "think" it will be going over the entrance. I actually see it kinda a ways from the actual entrance. Think SFOG goliath... I see a kinda larger entrance plaza with a carowinds sign kinda like the current one...i'd say more like the one inside the park. Just what I would do if I ran the park...

Do anyone else think that Carowinds may be getting their first "female inspired" roller coaster? I did some research, and I even went as far as posting a video on my youtube channel discussing that possibility. Kings Island did so good with Banshee, maybe their trying to throw everyone off track. I'm not 100%, but anything can be possible at this point.

Who was the inspiration for Lucy's Crabbie Cabbie?

Gatekeeper, you better enjoy your status while you can! Your big brother or sister will soon take over the "Best Front Entrance!" at Carowinds next year.

Is the giga supposed to be going over the entrance gates like Gatekeeper? I always though it would be like Leviathan and just turnaround near the front gates.

It's a possibility. It may actually go underground at the front entrance. At this point everything is tossed in the air. I'm super ready for the announcement though!

The park is down to weekend operations only now aka the park won't be open during the announcement so it really wouldn't make a difference. On the plus side hopefully we start seeing even more progress with construction now that the park is closed during the week/the announcement coming in just a few days.