TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Carowinds Discussion Thread

P. 417 - Fury back open now with 100% less crack!

^Are you really thinking that this picture is a year old???? The teal/yellow track can be seen behind the supports!

And that is NOT giga spine....more like a flyer (which we have already semi-confirmed is indeed a flyer). Also, Leviathan doesn't even have track that looks like that.

Edited by Dom497

The logo seems legit, in the middle of the helmet/nose gaurd there appears to be a B&M track, and the top of the helmet (clueless to what its called) looks like the front of a B&M train with three rows. That is a well designed logo anf whoever made it is really good, i don't believe Carowinds would pay an artist to make a fake clue especially since Cedar Point and Kings Island have already made this "mistake" pre announcement. (This is just my opinion)

The logo seems legit, in the middle of the helmet/nose gaurd there appears to be a B&M track, and the top of the helmet (clueless to what its called) looks like the front of a B&M train with three rows. That is a well designed logo anf whoever made it is really good, i don't believe Carowinds would pay an artist to make a fake clue especially since Cedar Point and Kings Island have already made this "mistake" pre announcement. (This is just my opinion)

I'm sorry, but the logo is clearly unfinished and rather rough. The top of the helmet that "looks like the front of a B&M train" is just sloppy cut and paste of the same shape, and wasn't intended to look like a train. You also have to remember that Cedar Fair trademarked the name Centurion at one point, so it's very possible this is a mockup from the concept stage for that name. Cedar Fair likely has several graphic designers on staff, so they wouldn't have to go out of their way to pay an artist to make a fake logo, especially if it already existed from an old concept.

^,^^Agree completely with Mega_Coaster_77. It's fantastic to have both but it still makes little sense--they are both Mega Coasters with different lift heights. It's fine to have the same manufacturer but different coaster types would make more sense. I'd wish for I305 as well. The fact is, Leviathan and Behemoth are very similar with the main differentiators being a location on opposite sides of the park, colour and train. I guess the park was going for a Magnum/ Millennium Force thing..ie: airtime vs speed.

Again, being the same manufacturer is a moot point. Cyclone and Goldrusher are the same manufacturer. Nighthawk and Cobra are the same. Afterburn, Vortex and Intimidator are the same... must be the same experience, right? These are two different ride experiences. Just like Top Gun is different from Vortex.

Those are not all B&M Mega Coasters. I was referring to both the same coaster type and manufacturer. My points still stand. Riding both quite often, I still think that Behemoth and Leviathan are more similar than different. Again, having both is still fantastic, even if it make little sense....until you realize that Leviathan could very well have been a B&M wing rider. In that case, give me a second or third mega coaster by the same manufacturer at the same park any day

Kings Island made a mistake? Anyway, when the Bat website was found last year, someone on KI Central said that the logo could be made in 15 minutes. (Given that I'm in high school and it would take me under and hour to make the Bat logo, a professional could obviously create it a lot faster.) The same goes with the Centurion logo.

I mean "mistake" because Cedar Point and Kings island leaked either the stats, renderings, or logos to their future plans or attractions and immedietely took it off and people speculated it was by accident but now it looks like its a trend by CF parks and the things that were put up ended up being the same thing when it was announced.

Yeah, I think the leak was real. Remember when KI leaked about The Bat last year? Well, a 199' B&M wing coaster named "The Bat" did come to KI!

Wow, what a miracle.

(It's ridiculously obvious that this is just Carowinds testing the page, just like what Kings Island did. Also, that webpage confirms nothing.)

Welp the cyan flyer has a home as Jay from CC revealed, Acrobat will be at Nagashima Spaland in Japan, which leaves the teal/yellow track. Pretty sure that's carowind's, if not then this will be a huge surprise.

But isn't this (the one for Spaland) going to be the teal? And the yellow one is going to China. So the only one left now is the one with the double color scheme. Or was that the one you were talking about.

Hopefully that means Carrowinds is an Intamin.( Where does Intamin manufacture their track anyway)

Carowinds will not get an Intamin, we have been over this many times.

The footers at Carowinds are B&M. The teal/yellow is probably for Carowinds.