TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Carowinds Discussion Thread

P. 417 - Fury back open now with 100% less crack!

I find it very hard to believe they would let the real name/logo slip like that. Great teaser though, they're really keeping everyone guessing

*cough*GateKeeper*cough**cough*

GateKeeper was easily the greatest screw up in amusement park history.

Where can you find that site. I went to carowinds.com and couldn't find where it actually was

That's the point....it's a troll. It's only meant to be found for the people looking for it (enthusiasts)

Edited by Dom497

I doubt that the 'Centurion' name will show up at the park. The reason 'The Bat' showed up again at Kings Island was that the park had a similar coaster at the park with that name, and the name was kind of nostalgic. Carowinds has never had a ride named Centurion. Then again I could be completely wrong, but those are just my thoughts.

I find it very hard to believe they would let the real name/logo slip like that. Great teaser though, they're really keeping everyone guessing

Where can you find that site. I went to carowinds.com and couldn't find where it actually was

That's the point....it's a troll. It's only meant to be found for the people looking for it (enthusiasts)

Didn't pay much attention to the leading up to GK's announcement...what happened?

^^A few days before the announcement Cedar Point updated their home page "Quick Links" with things like, "GateKeeper Photos", "GateKeeper Videos", etc. Even worse, they made the http://www.cedarpoint.com/gatekeeper URL live, revealing the entire layout and a few stats...

Hahahaha that's a pretty bad mess up. This centurion tease would be much more believable if it included all of that information rather than just a low-res logo picture hahaha.

Nah man. What about Son of Beast, or The Bat 1981, or going back further, the three literal death traps Harry Traver designed? And in terms of marketing screwups, The Dark Knight Coaster and Thi13teen were actually misleading in how they were advertised/themed. The GateKeeper leak was a pretty bad blunder, but certainly not deserving of that sort of hyperbole.

I personally don't get why everyone is saying that it looks like it was quickly put together and clearly looks fake. Looks pretty good to me! And I actually like the logo and think it looks real. Although that being said, I too will jump on the "it's fake" bandwagon.