TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Carowinds Discussion Thread

P. 417 - Fury back open now with 100% less crack!

Of all the 2015 additions we know about so far, I have to say that I am most excited for this one as I only live 5-6 hours from Carowinds and am extremely excited to try out a B&M Giga Coaster! All signs are pointing to the name Centurion so far as far as I can see.

Interestingly, I am not 100% convinced that the layout will be just like Leviathan (although that would not get any complaints from me) but rather offer something new and not yet seen...this announcement cannot come soon enough!

I find that unlikely... B&M seems to stick with what they know, they're not concerned about getting you to the top of their lifts quickly, rather building a reliable ride that has next to no day to day problems

True. However, I think I read somewhere that when lifts get very tall the chain might get too long and heavy, meaning worse efficiency compared to the lighter cables.

So now the question is where is The B&M giga track. With the orange at holiday world and the teal a flyer track where is the Carowinds track. We may just have two shockers this year with Thunderbird being one and this one maybe not being a Beemer.

So now the question is where is The B&M giga track. With the orange at holiday world and the teal a flyer track where is the Carowinds track. We may just have two shockers this year with Thunderbird being one and this one maybe not being a Beemer.

I had the exact same thought, but I went back through the mysterious yellow B&M thread and there is a picture of track that appears to be for a hyper/giga, but if it isn't, then its gonna be pretty awesome when we find out.

I know that as you already sit quite high on B&M's hyper trains your feet never really touch the floor but I still would like to see them stepping into the ultimate freedom feeling by having lap bars on their floorless trains which they then could also use on their hypers/gigas. Either that or having a go at something like skyrush's trains.

I'm also hoping for an intamin for this project. I'm sort of deprived of Intamins, as the U.S. hasn't gotten one since 2012. I don't really think I need to see every coaster be a B&M. Don't get me wrong, though - I still love B&M's, but I just like a little variety in new coasters.

I'm also hoping for an intamin for this project. I'm sort of deprived of Intamins, as the U.S. hasn't gotten one since 2012. I don't really think I need to see every coaster be a B&M. Don't get me wrong, though - I still love B&M's, but I just like a little variety in new coasters.

Blueprints are the same as HW's. So I think that about sums that up.

Blame the market for the lack of offerings.

The US parks want something more reliable so they order B&Ms. That's what Cedar Fair does.

Yeah, most of the brand new coasters in the US lately have been B&M. No Intamin.

I always thought the Cedar Fair/Intamin relationship was linked to Kinzel being a big fan. They hit it out of the park together with Millennium Force, but since his retirement, combined with Intamin's track record of issues, I feel pretty certain this will be another fun, albeit safe choice from B&M.

I am fairly certain this will be a B&M. I believe that the binge construction of B&M's is mainly due to the fact that parks in the US are a bit more dominated by large corporations than overseas; although corporations in Europe like Tussauds and Tivoli exist, a few corporations pretty much dominate the theme park market in the US. And, Cedar Fair and Six Flags, the two corporations with the most parks, happen to have a liking of B&M. So, B&M's we have been receiving and more B&M's we shall receive.

I also think that a similar thing has happened with GCI. Also, Six Flags has caught on with an RMC buying binge, but that is actually a trend I would love to see Cedar Fair get in to as well.