TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Carowinds Discussion Thread

P. 417 - Fury back open now with 100% less crack!

You guys can't possibly think the park would market this ride as the 8th "-est" coaster in the world, can you?

This is a play on the seven wonders of the world, nothing more. They are teasing that it will be an awe-inspiring landmark, a destination attraction.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seven_Wonders_of_the_Ancient_World

Not every hint a park displays is used for advertising a final product. Sometime they'll do subtle hints that ties into the ride somehow. It was just fun guess, nothing more. It could simply be a play of the common phrase "seven wonders of the world".

^But this *is* part of the ride's overall marketing plan. We will ostensibly see the coaster rising behind this bannered wall in the coming months.

If you take a step back you'll realize it's quite silly to imagine a PR/Marketing person researching coaster length records on RCDB and then ordering the creation of a large piece of promotional signage based on this inconsequential characteristic of the coaster.

This is how I interpret the blueprint:

Big-a$$ drop into a tall banked element, then straight into another tall banked element (possibly a Stengel Dive-ish element), then a medium sized banked element, then a tall 180 degree turnaround, then a speed hill á la Shambhala or just a long valley, then another medium sized banked element, then a camelback (the supports from the blueprint dosen't look like supports for a MCBR), then a helix where the middle half of it looks to sit pretty tall above the ground judging from how the supports are made (it looks similar to MF's over banked helix, after the big airtime hill), then a camelback over the bottom of the first drop, then a low to the ground curve and finally a turn into the brake run.

^But this *is* part of the ride's overall marketing plan. We will ostensibly see the coaster rising behind this bannered wall in the coming months.

If you take a step back you'll realize it's quite silly to imagine a PR/Marketing person researching coaster length records on RCDB and then ordering the creation of a large piece of promotional signage based on this inconsequential characteristic of the coaster.

It was just a wild fun prediction I threw out there. I know the term "7 wonders of the world" and this is probably a poke at it meaning another (8th) marvel of Earth.

I wouldn't read too much into the park's hints although they do have a new PR manager since Windseeker opened. For Windseeker, they kept dropping hints about the Wright Brothers so we were all at least a little hopeful it would have a different name/paint scheme than the rest of the Windseekers... you see how that worked out...

Don at KI is also a coaster enthusiast so he played with enthusiasts somewhat. I'm quite certain that any teasers coming from Carowinds are solely aimed at the GP.

I do think from the leaked blueprints that this could turn out to be a really good coaster.

The one for Carowinds2015 seems to be inside banked. Similar to Leviathan's.

While, Nitro's is simply a hill with a curved drop.

]

It seems B&M are trying to vary their,lineup, what with the new giga (maybe) and the family coaster. Glad to see some happening at carowinds, they need it.

Thanks for pointing out the hill in Nitro, by the way.

I don't get the point of parks doing this. This doesn't look too different from Intimidator (given the blueprints are legit and its a B&M it actually looks almost exactly the same) just as Leviathan doesn't look too different from Behemoth (besides the height and Behemoths helix).

$$$$$$. The general public won't know or care that this is a similar type of coaster as Intimidator. When Canada's Wonderland opened Leviathan, they saw a 5% boost in attendance. Only three major parks had a bigger attendance increase that year - Disney California Adventure (Cars land), Universal Studios Hollywood (Transformers ride), and Hersheypark (Skyrush). A giga-coaster is a highly marketable ride, and they'll make a lot of money off this.

^It actually sounds a bit weird to me as it would be "Dia Novo" to make sense, as Nova is the feminine for Novo (new) and doesn't really go with day, so I assumed it could be a similar expression in other language and didn't really pay attention.

Well massive tree removal have begun in the front of the park being that the entrance is supposed to be moved further out to somehow interact with the new coaster and the parking and entry roads to be shifted with a new toll plaza being a little before you can enter the current non operating season pass parking lot.

S/O to Patrick for the great photos from Clermont. Now I know we've ruled out the white and the orange. based on his pics theres a piece of the teal that looks like it's either going into an inversion or that one hell of an overbank turn.

other pics: Clermont 7/8/14

14421366250_1a44f03337_c.jpg.2eb3a69252906eaff41b30e849d874e3.jpg

^ RIGHT....so the question is where's the carowinds coaster? Is it in the field getting rusty in the back corner? Is it still inside still being fabricated. One thing for sure. B&M sure is making good money this year. That's five coaster being fabricated so far just in the U.S., who knows whats being done at the European plant.

^ I'm pretty sure the steel plant in Ohio is the only one manufacturing B&M's track right now. Both dive coasters going to Europe next year were manufactured in America.

On of those EU coasters is in Italy, the same country where the plant is.

^Yeah that's makes it even stranger that they're not using that plant although I'm sure they know what's best for them.

Gipponi produces lot's of other stuff, manufacturing at their place is entirely up to the capacity of their factory.