TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Carowinds Discussion Thread

P. 417 - Fury back open now with 100% less crack!

^You're arguing about something you can't prove one way or another, unless you have some insight into the planning process at Cedar Fair and Carowinds. Note that I'm not saying that you're wrong or right--simply that you can't know for certain.

Time to move on.

Edited by cfc

Well I must be a huge f**cking moron cause I just don't see it...and that's okay. But, I've rode Intamin and I've rode B&M...and I just prefer B&M. B&M rides are just more comfortable. Every time I see Millennium Force ranked number one, I laugh. Millennium Force isn't all that. Hell, imo...the best coaster in Ohio is Diamondback...which is a B&M. And to mention, Six Flags has Nitro and Goliath (SFOG) and they're always up in the top ten coasters which are B&M. Now I haven't rode every coaster in the world like Robb has, so I must bow to his superior knowledge. But to this point in my life, from what I have rode...I can say I enjoy B&M better. I look forward to B&M's next 300+ coaster and you never know, Leviathan could have just been practice...Carowinds giga coaster might be the best ever built. One can dream.

^I think Maverick is better than both Millennium force and Diamondback, and I much prefer KD's I305 to Carowinds Intimidator. But these are all personal preferences.

Edited by cfc

I too like Maverick the best out of the CP and KI coasters... I just don't like the seats they suck. Everything else about the ride is awesome. I'm not an intamin fan at all but its one ride I really enjoy, even if it had to be re-profiled. I am hoping this new "giga" or wing giga or whatever it is, will be the best B&M has done that is definitely my dream. I just hope for something that goes upside down haha. I guess it likely will if its a wing rider.... but who knows. I am also looking forward to seeing what they remove? Will they remove the paladium or will it go around it some how? What about the karts and jukebox diners and the sky flyer... I see something being removed, just not sure what? Would they remove the hurler? hmmm.... I dont think they would... but who knows.... what do you guys think on that?

Yea I hope not as well! I dont like loosing coasters for new rides, just because we need to ADD to the number we have haha. Yea I dont really care for Vortex either because its short. The best B&M stand up that I have been on is Mantis, love it. Georgia Scorcher was not bad, just had to wait in line for over an hr for that thing dont think it was really worth it hahahah.

Well I wasn't to pleased with Gatekeeper, its just kind of slow. i only got to ride it once though, maybes its one of those rides you just have to ride a few times to enjoy. I should have got a back seat ride, maybe that would have helped.... I think the back 2 rows should be backwards on gatekeeper, that would be great hahaha. As for the 300ft wing rider, I think it sounds nice but if its only going to be 65mph.... something aint right... I am hoping the news reporter was just misinformed or didn't know what he was talking about and B&M is designing some kind of new trains for a giga coaster, maybe similar to sky rush or something totally new? Not really sure... The footprint they laid out doesn't really seem big enough for a huge giga coaster though, but I could see it being out further than they highlighted, further as in over the entry area, which I believe they will be re-doing as well as the parking lots etc, which they did confirm improvements were to happen. I thought that was going to happen next year but I don't know. Whatever they are doing, its going to be interesting. I am still waiting on the other news channels to make this same announcement, but haven't seen anything as of yet...

ps. What's sad is that B&M's USED to F**KING BLOW PEOPLE AWAY AND MAKE THEM GO "WHAT THE F**K" DID I JUST RIDE?!?!? HOLY SH!T!!!!!"

Wouldn't it be nice to have that version of the company back again?

This is what I don't understand...why would they change their style/philosophy when they were churning out world class rides year after year? I understand that parks have a great deal of input into what they get, but pretty much all of the B&M's built since like 2002 are considered "tame", which leads me to assume it has something to do with the manufacturer.

ps. What's sad is that B&M's USED to F**KING BLOW PEOPLE AWAY AND MAKE THEM GO "WHAT THE F**K" DID I JUST RIDE?!?!? HOLY SH!T!!!!!"

This is what I don't understand...why would they change their style/philosophy when they were churning out world class rides year after year? I understand that parks have a great deal of input into what they get, but pretty much all of the B&M's built since like 2002 are considered "tame", which leads me to assume it has something to do with the manufacturer.

I still think it is the park that asked B&M to make tamed rides. Even though I haven't been on Oziris, I think it could be pretty intense. Similar to Intamin, Cheetah Hunt is not intense compare to other Intamins because the park want a family coaster.

I still think it is the park that asked B&M to make tamed rides. Even though I haven't been on Oziris, I think it could be pretty intense. Similar to Intamin, Cheetah Hunt is not intense compare to other Intamins because the park want a family coaster.

OzIris has to be one of my least favorite B&Ms. It looked... **AWESOME** and just had zero forces on it. ...snoooooze...

Maverick is a torture device. I want a ride I can hold my hands up and feel free. Not one that I have to hold on or get a neck injury.

Anyone that complains about Maverick being painful is a complete pussy. It's people like you who will make it so that awesome coasters like a Mega-Lite are never built in America.

Honestly, Carowinds should just build a boring B&M giga and save the awesome Intamins for Europe, China, or Japan in a culture where people can appreciate them and not complain like spoiled babies.

--Robb

Edited by robbalvey

Honestly, Carowinds should just build a boring B&M giga and save the awesome Intamins for Europe, China, or Japan in a culture where people can appreciate them and not complain like spoiled babies.

--Robb

No no no no no no no NO! It doesn't matter to Mr. Mojo because it's most likely not his home park. I would like something decent here, not a forceless B&M.

Maverick is a torture device. I want a ride I can hold my hands up and feel free. Not one that I have to hold on or get a neck injury.

Anyone that complains about Maverick being painful is a complete pussy. It's people like you who will make it so that awesome coasters like a Mega-Lite are never built in America.

--Robb

Maverick kicks your ass, but in a good way.

Perhaps it's from the many years of riding coasters, but very few B&Ms do anything for me at this point. While I still really enjoy the older ones, I definitely don't plan any trips around any of the newer ones. I figure eventually I'll get on the newer B&Ms when an Intamin or RMC is built nearby. Oh well, I've accepted that it's just the way it is at this point.

Back to Carowinds, I'm really hoping it's not another B&M wing coaster. ...but that's just me.