TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Carowinds Discussion Thread

P. 417 - Fury back open now with 100% less crack!

I haven't seen anywhere, where exactly is this located in the park? From the preview videos it looks like it's near the boomerang but I can't tell.

Go into Google earth (note the earth, not maps) and find Carowinds. Zoom in in to the little ferris wheel icon that all amusement parks have on google earth. Its going to be pretty much where that icon is.

How many individual tower segments do they have to install? I'll have to take a look at the CP or KI construction pics to find out but does anyone know?

There are 8 pieces that the swings run on. Ontop of that, there is a maintance platform and the red "ufo". Including everything, there is a total of 10 segmements of the full tower. Carowinds put up 3 pieces yesterday for a total of 4. If you or anyone has other questions about WindSeeker feel free to PM me!

How many individual tower segments do they have to install? I'll have to take a look at the CP or KI construction pics to find out but does anyone know?

There are 8 pieces that the swings run on. Ontop of that, there is a maintance platform and the red "ufo". Including everything, there is a total of 10 segmements of the full tower. Carowinds put up 3 pieces yesterday for a total of 4. If you or anyone has other questions about WindSeeker feel free to PM me!

Seems like KD is falling behind as there hasn't been any updates on their construction since the base segment was installed.

Incase none of you have noticed, over at Screamscape, I have decided to give Screamscape the updates of WindSeeker in the form of a "race". Its called The WindSeeker Race: Carowinds vs Kings Dominion. Who do you think will be the first to the top?

http://www.screamscape.com/html/carowinds.htm

If you can't get to the link for whatever reason, here is the first "episode" I have written:

"Hello and welcome to the first "episode" of the WindSeeker Race: Carowinds vs Kings Dominion! Both parks are fighting to be the first to the top! Last week we saw both parks place the first (base) piece of WindSeeker's eight piece tower (not including the maintenance platform and "UFO"). On Saturday, Carowinds installed not one...not two but THREE PIECES putting them in the lead! This makes Carowinds half way done the tower while Kings Dominion is still at 1 piece tall. At this rate, Carowinds could finish the tower by early February!!! Tune back soon for the next "episode" of the WindSeeker Race: Carowinds vs Kings Dominion."

WINDSEEKER UPDATE: Tower piece number 7 is now going up!!!! The tower should be complete soon...and remember the winner to the WindSeeker Race will be the park that OPENS the ride first!

BBBBUUUUTTT!!! THE FIRST BONUS POINT HAS GONE TO KINGS DOMINION AS THEY HAVE FINISHED THEIR TOWER!!!

^As the majority of the people on this site are obviously not nearly as excited as you, could you please refrain from the all-caps. Thank you.

Also, please cut out the double and triple posting. Just edit your original post.

Edited by ernierocker

I don't anywhere near Carowinds so I was wondering if someone could take a close-up shot on the "UFO" (the red thing at the top) and post it in this forum. Judging from other photos, it appears that Carowinds model will have one less feature than the others and I just wanted to make sure I was right.

• 4 weeks later...
I don't anywhere near Carowinds so I was wondering if someone could take a close-up shot on the "UFO" (the red thing at the top) and post it in this forum. Judging from other photos, it appears that Carowinds model will have one less feature than the others and I just wanted to make sure I was right.

424514_10150590916573599_91085023598_9177508_1222177315_n.jpg

421052_10150669604568599_91085023598_9427894_1192115263_n.jpg

Not quite sure what you mean. It's funny, I can't picture it without it. I always thought the original Knott's topper looked weird.

South Carolina does in fact have cheaper taxes because of the state size, space is also another factor. Cedar Fair has told us to "watch" Carowinds, because of it's potential to grow...which I can see happening.

I would be interested to know how they divide up things like property tax, sales tax, etc. with the park being in two states.

Here in Fresno we are right on the county line which also happens to be a river. There are two mobile home parks on the river in the neiboring county. Those parks are considered in Fresno County for tax purposes which also includes services like fire and police protection.