TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Carowinds Discussion Thread

P. 417 - Fury back open now with 100% less crack!

Wait a minute.... It looks like Windseeker is not going into that open field behind Intimidators giftshop...

THat makes me happy!!! A huge field for future development!

This should add very well to carowinds' selection of flats as that seems to be the one thing that the park is really lacking based on my visit that I made about 3 weeks ago....the atmosphere & themeing of that particular area is already very good so this will provide a great way for peeps to really take it all in.

I don't consider Windseeker to be a bad ride and I think this is a great addition to the park. Carowinds needs more flats. I'm glad they have planned to put the ride away from Carolina Skytower. It really irks me when parks put big/tall attractions too close to each other (Darien Lake's Giant Wheel and Skycoaster being next to each other is one great example).

why dont they make these tilt like the smaller swings? i think that would be more exciting.

I'm thinking the design would inhibit them from being able to do that. The carriage moves up the tower, opposed to sitting on top of it and the tower raising like the smaller ones. I don't think that the carriage would be able to tilt on the tower at all.

^I wondered that too...Still, I think maybe the height has alot to do with it. I'm no designer so i can't really say.

The wave swinger ride has a somewhat complex tilting system that would probably be difficult to engineer into a ride this size but who knows?perhaps Mondial is already working on it?

I don't think KD will get a Dinosaurs Alive attraction. I will have to look but I don't think there is enough space for it. But Windseeker will fit.

Supposedly the DA thing is going in between Grizzly & WWC(so much for getting a future B&M invert there) with the rumored windseeker ggoing where HSXLC's vertical tower was.

Oh yeah I forgot about that area. I can see Windseeker going where Hypersonic XLC was. They wouldn't ad a B&M Invert because they already have an Intamin. I wish they would add a GCI woodie there. But they would most likely remove Hurler (I never went on it but I heard it's awful).

I think WindSeeker is a great addition to the CF parks! The massive structure and cool lighting at night really draws crowds in, plus it's not too scary/crazy for regular guests to enjoy. Not all rides have to flip a million times with 5 G's to still be fun.

Of course it's still early but hopefully they will continue to run well now that Cedar Fair has opened a few and fixing any issues in the ride system with Mondial.

why dont they make these tilt like the smaller swings? i think that would be more exciting.

I'm thinking the design would inhibit them from being able to do that. The carriage moves up the tower, opposed to sitting on top of it and the tower raising like the smaller ones. I don't think that the carriage would be able to tilt on the tower at all.

makes since, it rises the tower instead of the tower rising.

This was clearly the right move for Carowinds! a park like Michigan's adventure need one of these. . . .

(does anyone know if they're getting anything next year?)

I too would be quite curious, and would love to see a Windseeker (or anything else) at my home park.

Good on Carowinds for getting cool large rides in such quick succession.

Ok, I amgoing to Carowinds this Saturday. From what I hear the best plan for a weekend day is Nighthawk first, then Intimidator, then anythinge else? Please give me a guide on what to do when, and what lines should be like. Thanks guys.

Ask Irene, she might have a few ideas for you LOL!!! Anyway by looking at weatherbug it looks pretty decent in the Charlotte area Saturday. As I always think to myself when people ask for plans to a park, just go in and explore for yourself. If you rush from ride to ride, you are missing a lot of the best parts that the parks have to offer.

Personal tip for Carowinds: Although Intimidator seems, looks, and sounds like the king of Carowinds, I personally like Afterburn more! So don't put that off until late in the day, because once you ride it you will realize that you want to re-ride it over and over! It is still the king of Carowinds IMO.

I don't think KD will get a Dinosaurs Alive attraction. I will have to look but I don't think there is enough space for it. But Windseeker will fit.

Supposedly the DA thing is going in between Grizzly & WWC(so much for getting a future B&M invert there) with the rumored windseeker ggoing where HSXLC's vertical tower was.

Oh yeah I forgot about that area. I can see Windseeker going where Hypersonic XLC was. They wouldn't ad a B&M Invert because they already have an Intamin. I wish they would add a GCI woodie there. But they would most likely remove Hurler (I never went on it but I heard it's awful).

If Dorney can get away with having an invert & two inverted shuttle coasters then I think KD can easily do it as well.Now I didn't ride hurler at carowinds but I've ridden KD's version a few times & it's a horrid ride.

I'd love to return to carowinds to check this out sometime(as well as get in some more rides on afterburn) as I thought the park was a great place that CF has done pretty good with thus far & this ride will only make it better,the RFD/carolina boardwalk section is nicely themed and landscaped IMO that's for sure....KD should be taking lessons from them on how to landscape the park.

Sorry, I don't follow Carowinds closely...weren't they getting a giant frisbee? Was that just messing with the enthusiasts by writing stuff on the stakes? Cause if it is, I love them and may have to follow them more!

I think you are correct, because I also saw stakes that read GCI out by hurler and thunder road. And I know those wont come true...

Congrats to Carowinds for tricking us enthusiasts! Thats always fun to see!

Sorry, I don't follow Carowinds closely...weren't they getting a giant frisbee? Was that just messing with the enthusiasts by writing stuff on the stakes? Cause if it is, I love them and may have to follow them more!

I think you are correct, because I also saw stakes that read GCI out by hurler and thunder road. And I know those wont come true...

Congrats to Carowinds for tricking us enthusiasts! Thats always fun to see!

Carowinds is really lacking in the good woodie dept. as I found TR to be a rather rough ride for an out & back,especially the left side track but at least they made the entry ramp far less time consuming than KD did for rebel yell.

Personal tip for Carowinds: Although Intimidator seems, looks, and sounds like the king of Carowinds, I personally like Afterburn more! So don't put that off until late in the day, because once you ride it you will realize that you want to re-ride it over and over! It is still the king of Carowinds IMO.

I have been before guys I have been on most of the coasters and I agree that Afterburn is GREAT but the length, height, and speed of Intimidator make it a better coaster IMO.

EDIT: I checked weather.com and the forecast is windy (13 mph), will that effect rides in anyway?

Ok, I just got back from Carowinds! It was awesome! What was really bizzare was that Intimidator was walk on the whole day and I rode 3 times in a row, and this is SATURDAY! Everything else wasa short wait to, the longest wait I had was for Carolina Goldrusher (figures ). My first ride on Nighthawk was today, Its got a spot in my top 10, maybe even 5. I also rode Thunder Road, and I think Rebel Yell is better/smoother. Afterburn was pretty awesome, like always. Carolina Cobra was pretty beast too. Carolina Cyclone was smooth in both vertical loops, after that pure pain, still fun though. Vortex was fun, but rougher than I remember. Intimidator was doing AWESOME. It is definitely moving up to #2 in my top 10 again (It was #2 last year but bumped down by Exped. Everest and Griffon). Since I got 2 new credits I am now up to 30! So heres the coaster count!

Coaster Count:

Intimidator x3

Nighthawk x1

Afterburn x1

Vortex x1

Carolina Cobra x1

Carolina Cyclone x1

Carolina Goldrusher x1

Thunder Road x1

I am a Gold Season pass holder at Carowinds, and I have never seen Carowinds this empty!!

I mean, I could walk on basically everything, we got right on Drop Tower, Intimidator, Thunder Road, and The Vortex~

I'm very impressed, because usually Carowinds is crowded on Sunday due to people letting out of Church.

Anyways, who's excited for SCarowinds?!

I know I am! I'll definitely be doing a review~