TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Carowinds Discussion Thread

P. 417 - Fury back open now with 100% less crack!

Well they sure made that one even more predictable than we they teased/hinted for Snoopy's Starlight Spectacular!

I'm still thinking KD will recieve one (along with Dinosaurs Alive!), but I'm not sure who will get the third one yet....

This will really get a ton of attention at Carowinds considering their Drop Tower is a midget and the only ride of this height is the Carolina SkyTower. When down there I remember people acting/saying like Intimidator was the "tallest roller coaster ever", so they will probably crap their pants when they see this one...

This will be a really good ride for Carowinds because it towers over everything else in the park. I believe all four of the parks that got one this year have a ride that is within 25 ft. of the height of Windseeker (not sure about Canada's Wonderland), so that seems like it would make the height less impressive. I haven't been on the one at Knott's yet, but I have a feeling that Supreme Scream is close enough that it won't feel as high as it actually is (I could be wrong however). Also, I think Kings Dominion would be the most likely choice for the other one, but they already have several 300 ft. tall rides, so I don't know if it would have as big of an impact there.

One other thing...instead of playing random movie music on the Carowinds one like the other Windseekers apparently do, they should just play the Carowinds Theme. It would be somewhat cheesy, but I'm sure nobody would forget the song afterward.

I'm still thinking KD will recieve one (along with Dinosaurs Alive!), but I'm not sure who will get the third one yet....

I'm really doubtful as well that KD would get Dinosaurs Alive!, I just have suspicion that's something CF would rather give to their first tier parks. A Windseeker is not a clear fit either in my opinion; you see, unlike Carowinds, at KD a Windseeker would be the 4th attraction topping 300 ft. And two of those already have you lingering at that height (even if it's fairly brief on The Drop Tower,) so I just don't see a Windseeker having that big of a "wow" factor there.

This will really get a ton of attention at Carowinds considering their Drop Tower is a midget and the only ride of this height is the Carolina SkyTower. When down there I remember people acting/saying like Intimidator was the "tallest roller coaster ever", so they will probably crap their pants when they see this one...

They would probably do so if they saw the "other" Intimidator as well.

I must say that I am really not to happy about this. Sure it is a great ride for the GP but I was really hoping the Huss GF rumor was going to come true as it is my fav flat and there are only 2 of them. They are both in OH so it is rare that I get to ride them. I just have no interest in riding a windseeker.

Rob "You keep letting me down Carowinds" Mc

I don't think KD will get a Dinosaurs Alive attraction. I will have to look but I don't think there is enough space for it. But Windseeker will fit.

KD has enough room to more than double the size of the park (not even exaggerating)! This would more than likely go in Old Virginia behind the KD Theater in between Grizzly and WWC near the other 2 upcharge attractions (Thunder Raceway and Extreme SkyFlyer).

I'm really doubtful as well that KD would get Dinosaurs Alive!, I just have suspicion that's something CF would rather give to their first tier parks. A Windseeker is not a clear fit either in my opinion; you see, unlike Carowinds, at KD a Windseeker would be the 4th attraction topping 300 ft. And two of those already have you lingering at that height (even if it's fairly brief on The Drop Tower,) so I just don't see a Windseeker having that big of a "wow" factor there.

KD is one of Cedar Fair's parks that have plenty of land (in the woods) for an attraction such as Dinosaurs Alive! Although its target audience really isn't families, I do think it would make quite a profit for the first few years as more and more families are visiting now since CF took over. I think you are way over-thinking about aWindseeker at KD, seriously, you have to remember that we are dealing with Cedar Fair who makes some silly decisions. They added the ride at CP with Dragster, MF, and Power Tower and they added it to KI with Drop Tower and the Eiffel Tower. Plus, they could market the ride "as tall as Drop Tower and Intimidator 305!". A 300' swing is something hardly none of the GP has seen before, and I think it would be a hit at KD just like at the other parks it has been added to.

^^^Cedar Point has multiple attractions over 300 feet as well, and a Windseeker was installed there.

While I'm disappointed that this won't be a Giant Frisbee, Windseeker is still a solid addition that will bring people to the park, so there's nothing I can really complain about.

Thunderhawk has been down all season, I say rip it out and plop the Windseeker in near there, if it'll fit.

From what I know, it was considered, however, they've spent some serious coin, I'm talking serious coin, to get Thunderhawk back up and running (possibly this weekend even!) so don't look for Thunderhawk to go anywhere anytime soon. That is, unless it turns into a SOB headache, but then again, even it's still standing

I too would have liked another HUSS GF in the states and Carowinds would have been perfect, who knows, maybe if CF hears enough of us mention it they might consider another one at another park, only one can hope. I forget what I was told the one at CP cost, I want to say 7.5 million, but I'm sure I'm probably off a little, and I mean on the price

I think it's a good move for Carowinds, install a B&M hyper to go over 200 feet and 2 years later get a 300 foot flat. The marketing is excellant: "Tallest ride ever built at Carowinds", that's all the GP needs to see to be sold, brilliant addition to Carowinds

This may be just me but im kinda bummed the park is losing more water. First the park got like 25% of the of the foliage cut back now loosing more water. Im sure this will be a hit with the crowds but yeah more enviroment leaving the park...

I don't think KD will get a Dinosaurs Alive attraction. I will have to look but I don't think there is enough space for it. But Windseeker will fit.

Supposedly the DA thing is going in between Grizzly & WWC(so much for getting a future B&M invert there) with the rumored windseeker ggoing where HSXLC's vertical tower was.

As stated above, this is a great move for Carowinds, as it will bring in the masses of gp wanting to ride the "tallest ride in the southeast," (or however they decide to market that). I am glad that Carowinds is adding another ride, and while I was wishing it would be a Giant Frisbee, Windseeker is better than nothing, and Dinosaurs Alive.

All the official information in one post:

http://www.carowinds.com/public/park/rides/thrill_rides/windseeker.cfm

WindSeeker will send riders soaring 301 feet above the park at over 30 miles per hour and provide dramatic views of the greater Charlotte region.

WindSeeker’s three minute ride begins when the ride’s carriage, featuring 32 two passenger swings, slowly rotates while climbing to the top of a 301-foot tower. Riders will experience a sense of weightlessness as the swings reach speeds of up to 30 miles per hour and the arms extend outward at a 45-degree angle.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXU2M3ni3ck

Edited by ernierocker