TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Carowinds Discussion Thread

P. 417 - Fury back open now with 100% less crack!

Well I googled "Mouthless mutters" and found it to be from this riddle from The Hobbit:

"Voiceless it cries wingless flutters toothless bites mouthless mutters?"

The answer to the riddle is, The Wind. So maybe a Windseeker for Carowinds?

Next to the code is also a series of writings/drawings, including "O&W Wright" (Wright Brothers), "Flying Machine", and "Application Filed March 23rd, 1903". (The day the Wright Brothers filed their patent)

Definitely a more cryptic approach to teasing, but I'm curious as to where all this will lead!

Next to the code is also a series of writings/drawings, including "O&W Wright" (Wright Brothers), "Flying Machine", and "Application Filed March 23rd, 1903". (The day the Wright Brothers filed their patent)

Definitely a more cryptic approach to teasing, but I'm curious as to where all this will lead!

Windseeker since carowinds already has a vekoma flyer.

Turns out I may be able to visit carowinds since we've got some family business to take care of down there.

Cedar Fair Entertainment Company (NYSE: FUN) today announced it has purchased 61 acres of land adjacent to the Company's Carowinds amusement park located in Charlotte, NC. This land acquisition will enable the Company to achieve future development and expansion of the facility.

"We are thrilled about the growth opportunities this land will provide for future development of Carowinds, as well as the increased beneficial economic it will have on both Mecklenburg and York counties," said Matt Ouimet, Cedar Fair's President. "We believe strongly in Carowinds' potential and its excellent opportunities for continued growth in the coming years. Since 2006, we have invested more than $45 million in new rides and attractions, which clearly demonstrates Cedar Fair's commitment to this leading park's future. This land acquisition will allow us to continue to develop this facility to its full potential."

Recognized as one of the largest regional amusement parks in the Southeast United States, Carowinds features more than 50 rides, shows and attractions, including 13 world-class roller coasters, a 20-acre water park and an on-site 55-acre campground. New for 2011 was Snoopy's Starlight Spectacular, a 3-acre night-time light and sound experience featuring Snoopy and the PEANUTS™ gang.

About Cedar Fair

Cedar Fair is a publicly traded partnership headquartered in Sandusky, Ohio, and one of the largest regional amusement-resort operators in the world. The Company owns and operates 11 amusement parks, six outdoor water parks, one indoor water park and five hotels. Amusement parks in the Company's northern region include two in Ohio: Cedar Point, consistently voted "Best Amusement Park in the World" in Amusement Today polls, and Kings Island; as well as Canada's Wonderland, near Toronto; Dorney Park, PA; Valleyfair, MN; and Michigan's Adventure, MI. In the southern region are Kings Dominion, VA; Carowinds, NC; and Worlds of Fun, MO. Western parks in California include: Knott's Berry Farm; California's Great America; and Gilroy Gardens, which is managed under contract.

Link

^Wow, 61 acres is quite a chunk of property. Wonder if it's the area behind Boomerang Bay or the area behind Hurler. Won't be surprised if they decide to do a Castaway Bay type resort hotel since they already have the campground or maybe a relocation of the water park.

Well I googled "Mouthless mutters" and found it to be from this riddle from The Hobbit:

"Voiceless it cries wingless flutters toothless bites mouthles mutters?"

The answer to the riddle is, The Wind. So maybe a Windseeker for Carowinds?

This is definitely the riddle it is refering to. After playing with the web address, you will see there are 3 others that all confirm this riddle. So the answer is WIND.

TB.jpg.c39380b1f355fec18ba53fda702aa5fd.jpg

VC.jpg.365c41fa878ed74f4617f60737a5c9d6.jpg

WF.jpg.bc41226a547f0708d3121dbfd214adfd.jpg

Overall Carowinds is one of the more enjoyable parks out there. Being a Disney nut I need to be weened off the Disney Crack pipe and ride some more thrilling things out there. Carowinds offers a lot of different coasters and was enjoyable for something new. It was also convenient since I attend college in North Carolina.

Found it ironic however that at the Entrance to carowinds i found a Magic Kingdom park map stuck to my foot. It follows me...

This is great news for the expansion of the park and the new ride addition coming next year! And from the clues, I would definitely say windseeker also. Although I was really hoping for a giant frisbee.

With Carowinds being my home park, The 61 acres I think they are talking about would be the area back of the hurler, adjacent to the campground, around to where the Rv's and buses park. Interesting to see how they will expand. Definitely pumped up about it!

Overall Carowinds is one of the more enjoyable parks out there. Being a Disney nut I need to be weened off the Disney Crack pipe and ride some more thrilling things out there. Carowinds offers a lot of different coasters and was enjoyable for something new. It was also convenient since I attend college in North Carolina.

Found it ironic however that at the Entrance to carowinds i found a Magic Kingdom park map stuck to my foot. It follows me...

I too enjoy Carowinds especially Intimidator! Check the bottom of your foot. That may not be the only thing stuck to it.

Haven't done a Windseeker yet, going to CP next month and am looking forward to it. These clues are very interesting, if it is definitely an argument between a giant frisbee or a Windseeker, regardless of what it is, is a win for Carowinds. Went there last year and thoroughly enjoyed it, plus with this new 61 acre purchase towards the back who knows what more great things we will be seeing from them!

I too enjoy Carowinds especially Intimidator! Check the bottom of your foot. That may not be the only thing stuck to it.

Went to carowinds today & enjoyed it for the most part.

Rode intimidator twice,afterburn twice,thunder road both sides(left was horrid),caroline cobra once,gold rusher once,vortex once & scream weaver once.The place we're staying at is right near the park so getting there wasn't hard.Vortex was WORSE than shockwave @ KD but afterburn kicked some butt(too bad the photo booth wasn't open) & KD so needs a B&M invert as a result.

All in all carwoinds is a pretty good park,in some ways better than KD but I have to say KD's giga does outdo their B&M even though it was a great ride & one I'd like to have nearby....good thing I got my intimidator ride photo though.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone who would like a 2011 carowinds map please post here or pm me. One per person. Only 8 maps available, first serve. Note: Maps will be available on the 30th. PM to preorder.

ADMIN EDIT: I went ahead and removed the ALL CAPS from your post. This is not an acceptable form of posting, please refrain from typing like this in the future.

Edited by jedimaster1227

Ok guys, I'm going to Carowinds on the 25th or 26th. Could you guys give me a plan for the day, like what to do first and what has long lines and stuff? I have been there before but I never really had a plan. Thanks guys!

Based on my weekday experience I'd start out with Afterburn & Intimidator first,most other rides in the park are walk ons until the waterpark closes for the day.