TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

kings dominion versus busch bardens europe

zeirdo

This summer, I'm taking my first us trip, with a 4 night stay in williamsburg. I have agreed with the wife to do one park during the trip, which was busch gardens europe.

But due to a trip report I saw yesterday, I figured out that Kings dominion is also quite close.

I was wondering, which of these parks would you recommend, keeping in mind that the visit will be day before labor day, or labor day itself.

Thanks,

Zeirdo

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The choice is pretty simple if you are just looking to spend time at a quality park. If you want that, go to Busch Gardens. There are quality rides, quality staff, quality food, quality upkeep, quality operations - overall quality. However, if you are just looking for a lot of rides, and a generic park feel, then King's Dominion is the place for you. Personally, I would suggest Busch Gardens.

^agree. Depending on where you are staying in Williamsburg, Kings Dominion isn't really that close.

I feel Busch is superior, and since your right in Williamsburg you would be able to spend more time there.

I'd say go for the nicer park and visit BGE.

However, if you want more credits, lots of rides, and a bunch of trash cans, KD is your choice.

But I'd rather visit BGE. Don't forget to eat the ribs at New France!

I would also say BGE. Even if shows are not really something you do all the time, you can't go wrong with BGE's shows, especially Emerald Beat. That and as others have said, operations are better there. I went the weekend before Memorial Day and the weekend of last year, both which were fairly busy weekends, and we waited at the longest an hour for any ride.

I would also suggest Busch Gardens over Kings Dominion. The coasters are better and the park is just so beautiful. On my trip the past summer I didn't really notice a difference in operations. Both parks did great with dispatching trains, but I might have caught Kings Dominion on a good day.

• 2 weeks later...

These are my homeparks, so I know a lot about them.

If you're looking for major coasters and you're willing to wait in line, go to KD. They have Volcano, Flight of Fear, soon-to-be Dominator, and Backlot Stunt Coaster, all of which are probably (Dominaotr) good rides.

If you want good quality coaster, good food, good shows, and all that, go to BGE. Griffon is awesome, Apollo is awesome, Alpengeist is cool, Loch Ness is fun, and Big Bad Wolf..eh. But you'll have a better time at BGE most likely, so go there.

If you go to KD, don't miss out on Berserker, the big looping ship near the entrance!

• 4 weeks later...

The 4 of us will be coming to the States again this year and staying in Williamsburg for the first 2 weeks of August this year. Luckily we will have time to do BGE and PKD during the trip. What are the best (Quietest!) days to do each park during the Summer and what kind of queue times will we be looking at?

Thanks for any suggestions on how to have an even better day!

tpstealth2071p.JPG.36688f4feeb4152e96e07855a872d635.JPG

The wife and me on Stealth. Probably the best in the UK if you like this kind of thing!

^The best rule of thumb is to avoid either park on Saturday--they'll most likely be mobbed. It's best to go on a weekday. You can also buy a pass that gets you admission to not only Busch Gardens, but also to Water Country USA (Busch's water park), Colonial Williamsburg, and the other historical attractions at Jamestown and Yorktown (these are located at either end of the Colonial Parkway, which passes through Williamsburg).

Enjoy your time in Virginia.

• 2 weeks later...