TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The rides at Michael Jackson's Neverland Ranch

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Beech Bend is now releasing advertising in the local papers here that their newest attraction is the Sea Dragon and it says in the ad "Comes directly from Michael Jackson's Neverland Ranch". I don't know if that's such a good selling point really.

Guess I'm the resident Michael Jackson fan then.

The auction never happened. Michael sued the auction company as it appears he never wanted to auction the stuff in the first place - apparently something got lost in translation between him and his allegedly seedy new manager, Dr. Tohme.

So yeah.. no-one brough any Michael Jackson items from an auction because such auction never happened and never will happen. Michael retains possession of his things and apparently they'll be placed in museum of some sort - they were on display for fans the other day.

HOWEVER, now "Neverland" doesn't exist - after it's refinance and Michael now being co-owner of the property it's now called Sycamore Ranch. He never intends to live there again so there's a big possibility he may have sold the rides that were not in the auction catalogue.

And I forgive you all on the innuendo on, of course, an aquitted and vindicated man

I received the Beech Bend newsletter email today, and apparently the park's new Sea Dragon is a park model which was bought from Neverland Ranch.

Yay, find Neverland at Beech Bend!

As far as innuendo goes, I think it has just become part of the comedy lexicon to take the piss out of Michael. Seriously, I think he hangs out with kids in a way that look inappropriate - it's sad to see a human being in the shape he's in.

I think it's a lexicon that's derived primarily from ignorance but that's just me.

But I'd agree, hence why he became a target of that false case - he was giving (innocently), somewhat to a fault. As far as his state, he's in rehearsals right now for a potential 2/3 year world tour, 50 O2 dates of which have become the fastest selling in history. He's not doing too bad!

To steer this back in perhaps a more safe direction, I shall enquire as to the whereabouts of the rides! Should be interesting to ride out. I'm not overly sure what he owned but yeah, It would be a reasonable assumption that they were sold some time ago.

Well, did he actually own the rides or did he lease them from a carnival? And did he at one point actually try to buy THRILLER (4 loop portable Schwarzkopf) ? Would have been interesting if he did. It might not have ended up at Six Flags at all.

The Sea Dragon Swinging ship is now at Beech Bend and I believe I read it was getting re-painted & they are going to advertise the fact that it was Michael Jackson's.

Ummmm...I just posted that they are indeed advertising it that way not 4 or 5 posts up. I live in Bowling Green and get the local advertising in the newspapers and what-not. Don't know about a paint job, it's pictured on their website now as well.

The Sea Dragon Swinging ship is now at Beech Bend and I believe I read it was getting re-painted & they are going to advertise the fact that it was Michael Jackson's.

Ummmm...I just posted that they are indeed advertising it that way not 4 or 5 posts up. I live in Bowling Green and get the local advertising in the newspapers and what-not. Don't know about a paint job, it's pictured on their website now as well.

You did not mention that it had already arrived at beech bend or that it was receiving a new paint job.

I just registered to add this bit to the discussion. I was just at the Santa Barbara Fair, the carnival is from Butler Amusements. When my kids were getting on a ride the operator said that the ride came from Neverland Ranch. She said the company had bought 2 or 3 rides from the ranch.

I thought it might have been just a gimmick, but it looks true. They were getting on a balloon ride that looked in better condition than the others. Then I noticed the ride next to it, a lollipop swing ride, also looked almost new. So I searched around and found this discussion. The pictures I saw in this discussion and other search results confirmed it for me. I have seen both rides in the pictures of the ranch.

Since several posts were asking about the rides, it looks like they were sold and are in use. Also the two that I saw were in great shape.