TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

West Coast Bash 2008 Video

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great video, Erik!

Also, a great weekend - thanks for doing all the hotel crap, and constantly reminding me of what time I had to be in certain places and such .. I really was stressed out before this trip

Cameron.

PS: Great choice of song!

Great video, thanks for posting it!

Does anyone else see the X2 trains visibly shaking as they go down the first drop or is that me?

Yeah....but I'd describe it as robotic movements. It's like...shift-shift...it just doesn't look like a smooth transition. But it's still testing.

I just watched the video posted on Westcoaster and it showed a minor segment of the interview in X2's station where it was stated "they were not going for a smoother ride with the new trains, but rather a higher reliability"...I'm assuming ridership per hour too. But everybody was saying the old trains were a lot more comfortable just before they stopped operating. Who knows.

^Tim Burkhart did say a goal was to increase capacity, but I think that will mostly be due to a revised load/unload procedure. The new trains will increase capacity mainly by having less downtime, hopefully. Oh, also getting rid of the footpedals to release the restraints and replacing them with buttons should help speed up things as well.

Tim was honest about hoping for a mere 1100 per hour capacity, still a far cry from the theoretical 1600 per hour of the original X. X never got close to that, probably never even cracked 1000. A 1600 hourly capacity would require an approximate 1 minute dispatch interval, never having an empty seat. 1100 would be closer to 1½ minutes. Just remember, a one train operation with a slow and unmotivated crew can lead to 6 minute dispatches. That's an hourly capacity of 280!