TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Sphere Coaster

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

:omg: I've never seen anything about like that.

Go to RCDB.com and look. I would think maybe they would have some info over it.

--James

Considering there is not one in operation and this was just made to show off a prototype, I don't believe that rcdb would have it up.

No big deal. It was just a prototype that, after a few years, nobody has jumped on board with or the manufacturer is trying to sell as we speak. I don't really see there being an article out there about it.

* EDIT - I'm throwing around the word prototype like it means something. It is merely a concept that is trying to be sold, and there is no working prototype. The thing probably isn't really going too far and is probably just an idea.

Does anyone else think it looks as if it were designed to rotate like the space ring rides?

That's EXACTLY what I was thinking! lol. Yeah, most of of were probably thinking that though...

I haven't ridden one, but I've seen them. Are they fun?

Hey im sorry PKI ManJZ but i'm going to have to let you down...

That picture is just of a carnival ride. The concept of the sphere coaster was to have the coaster going around a circle like that, but that circle would be moving around in other directions too.

Sorry about that man.

Well, if the structures/rings spun, they may flip the train to the top, where it would fall by gravity, and then swing back and forth until it flips again or comes to a complete stop...

Then it would be considered a coaster (I think?).