TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Lost Camera at West Coast Bash

Any TPR staff member may move this if necessary, but I just wanted to put out a call to anyone who may have accidentally acquired a Canon A720 digital camera. The last place I remember having it was at Superman--The Escape during morning ERT. Right after that, I went to Tatsu, which is where I noticed I didn't have it anymore.

Just prior to that I was hanging out at Katy's Kettle, but I don't remember setting it down for any reason.

The camera was in a small, black Lowenpro case along with a pair of AA batteries and I think an SD card or two.

If anyone may know the whereabouts of my camera, please PM me so I can get it back.

Thank you so much.

Eric

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to let everyone know that my camera is back in my hands, thanks to Alyssa Imosaki and everyone in Guest Relations. I sent her an e-mail, and two days later she returned one to me saying that the camera "matching my description" was at GR and asked if she could mail it to me or if I wanted to pick it up. It was in fact mine because when I turned it on, Diana's friend Brittany was on the screen.

Since I'm off, I went to SFMM and picked it up in person. Unfortunately, Alyssa wasn't in today, but I did run into Jay Thomas and Neal Thurman over by Sandblasters and let them know personally. It just so happened that they were with Mark Shapiro, but he walked on and I didn't get to meet him.

Good work, SFMM!

Eric

BTW: I'm posting this from the new Cyber Cafe. It's really nice to be able to stop and check e-mail, go to TPR, etc.

I did run into Jay Thomas and Neal Thurman over by Sandblasters and let them know personally. It just so happened that they were with Mark Shapiro, but he walked on and I didn't get to meet him.

Uh oh! Is Sandblasters next on Shapiro's chopping block? "Although bumper cars and a scrambler were great rides, and you happened to pick some of my favorite childhood rides by the way, we do have a 5 year plan, and we will fill out the park in due time. The removal of those 2 rides will make room for a great new upcharge attraction."

Glad you got your camera back.

Since we are playing the "read far too into where the managers were hanging out out" game...

It's a low capacity ride. No more than 50 people per cycle (that's assuming they still have all those cars available!), and it's a 7-9 minute cycle time after factoring in loading and unloading.

Also, they are old and probably in bad shape. They were already closed once for almost a year because there was a hole in the floor (the wood rotted away).

Plus there is the liability factor. Despite signs and a hopefully attentive operator, head on collisions are inevitable. I bet they have been sued quite a bit from "neck/back injuries."

On the flip side...

Perhaps they are selling Shapiro on the idea of a rehab/overhaul (Thumper Bumpers 2.0!)...Or just doing a full lap of the park and checking on everything.

^ The last time I rode Sandblasters, those cars were movin' m-i-g-h-t-y s-l-o-w-w-w...

But my guess is that all of them were just taking a lap around the park. In doing so, however, they'll always have their eyes open. On that note, I did point out to Jay and Neal that a signpost right next to Johnny Rocket's still points to Psyclone---a now long gone attraction. I'll bet that particular sign is painted over or gone ASAP.

Sorry I missed you and Kristen, Elissa. It would have been nice to say hi to the both of yous!

Today is a happy day...my camera is home and safe!

Eric

Something else that may or may not mean anything is that Great Adventure's bumper cars are either removed or will be SBNO for the 2008 season, I think that is also the case with SFOT. Maybe Bumper Cars are another ride SF is trying to get rid of?