TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

T-Express (New Intamin Woodie) Soft Opening Today.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Holy MCBRs, Batman! That ride looks AMAZING! I didn't even know it was being built! Looks like a crazy mix of El Toro and Balder! Whoever designed this thing knew what they were doing(though the MCBRS do kind of screw things up for me)

I sdudenly feel like going to Korea.

"Up, down, up and down, rollercoaster T express..."

You know, looking at the pics and video again, I'm just amazed at the precision of the structure. Now that a couple of these prefab woodies are up, and they are ALL popular, I have a feeling (and a hope) that is is the newest trend that the parks flock to. It's been a long time since woodies have been a "hot" trend. It's like these woodies are a guaranteed winner for any park. Would be a DREAM if Kennywood chose one of these for their up-coming coaster. (Or is CP just replaced Meanstreak. LOL)

You know, looking at the pics and video again, I'm just amazed at the precision of the structure. Now that a couple of these prefab woodies are up, and they are ALL popular, I have a feeling (and a hope) that is is the newest trend that the parks flock to. It's been a long time since woodies have been a "hot" trend. It's like these woodies are a guaranteed winner for any park. Would be a DREAM if Kennywood chose one of these for their up-coming coaster. (Or is CP just replaced Meanstreak. LOL)

I'm with you man, a pre-fab revolution would be awesome. Having been on El Toro at least 15 times, I can tell you that even a weak ride is a fantastic ride.

OMG. Just watched the POV. Wonder how fast, and what it feels like, going through those twists right after the first camel back hill. Thinking it would be quite intense. Seems like a long ride too. Looks like a blast... and I love the salut from the attendant at the end re-entering the station.

I am totally down for a wood coaster revolution! Gravity Group, GCI, and Intamin are making some truly amazing wooden coasters right now.

T-Express is just another coaster in a quickly growing list of amazing wooden coasters that Intamin is turning out right now. Give me a pre-fab woodie or a GCI twister any day!

The music in the official video from Everland is also REALLY catchy!

Hopefully I'll be able to make it out there on a TPR trip one year down the road.

Every new woodie that Intamin has created in the past four years have all looked spectacular! This new one in S. Korea also looks extremely promising! Would love to have the opportunity to ride this as I have only been on one good Intamin woode (Colossus at Heide-Park)

The ride looks amazing, I cannot believe how quickly its been put together.

I wonder how long it will be until this ride is rough as hell?

After watching the video on You Tube it seems like the first part of the ride before the brake run is awesome, following that, I dunno, looks questionable. And the length, again, it just seems way long. Too much of anything can really kill the fun.

That looks so cool. But what is a "Prefab" woodie, of sorts? What do they mean by prefab?

an intamin prefab woodie uses prefabricated track that is laser cut in advance at the factory and then shipped to the park. All the park has to do is bolt it together.

A traditional wooden coaster is built on-site and the track is laid by hand. The fact that intamin makes the track at the factory allows it to be held to much tighter tolerances and therefore creates a much smoother ride. Intamin also uses polyurethane tires on the wheels, similar to what is found on steel coasters, which also contributes to the smoothness of their new woodies.

• 3 weeks later...
I wonder how long it will be until this ride is rough as hell?

After watching the video on You Tube it seems like the first part of the ride before the brake run is awesome, following that, I dunno, looks questionable. And the length, again, it just seems way long. Too much of anything can really kill the fun.

Fail.

• 1 month later...