TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The official thread for the unofficial TPR gathering at NU

What is your FIRST choice for a meet-up?  

6 members have voted

1. 1. What is your FIRST choice for a meet-up?

• Saturday, March 15 (Opening Day) in the early morning
    • Saturday, March 15 (Opening Day) in the evening
    • Sunday, March 16 in the morning
    • Sunday, March 16 in the evening
    • Monday, March 17 in the evening
    • Tuesday, March 18 in the evening
    • Wednesday, March 19 in the evening

Okay, there are WAY too many posts in the main Nick Universe thread to try and coordinate anything. So, I apologize for "another Nick Universe thread," but it has to be done. Please, only participate in the poll if you can actually make it here to attend the gathering.

I know there are quite a few of us in the area that have expressed interest in getting together sometime around the opening of Nick U, so let's nail down some plans!

I have added the poll above to see what everyone's first choice for a meet-up would be. Personally, I don't have a preference...so I thought I'd see what everybody is thinking and go from there.

A heads-up on park hours:

Saturday: 9 a.m. - 11 p.m.

Sunday: 10 a.m. - 10 p.m.

Monday: 10:30 a.m. - 10 p.m.

Tuesday: 10 a.m. - 10 p.m.

Wednesday: 10 a.m. - 10 p.m.

Also, please respond as to whether you will need a ticket or not. I know some of us have (or will be getting) annual passes, but if 15 or more need tickets we can arrange for the group rate.

If we have enough interest to coordinate a get-together, I say let's go for it. We've all been following the 100+ page long discussion for months, let's celebrate Nick U's opening in full force!

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I ill be at the Mall on the 15th. Possibly on the 14th before a party I am going to. I will be posting any and all photos I take on that day on my site. (See link in banner) I had to post a plug you know.

Thanks, Wes.

I, too, think a weeknight may be more fun because it is a sure bet it will be less crowded. I mean, with all the Nick stars and opening day shenanigans, it could get pretty crazy. I'm not saying I wouldn't go on opening, because I probably will regardless. As far as the TPR gang, though, it could be fun to marathon on a weeknight (if not this time, sometime!).

Boo for the Ikea breakfast starting at 9:30...any ideas for an organized, early morning meet-up?

Also, do we know when mall doors open?

If we're going to do this thing on opening day, I say do it right. I've waited an hour to park my car at the MOA before, and I don't want to mess with that again. The earlier, the better I say.

I, too, think a weeknight may be more fun because it is a sure bet it will be less crowded. I mean, with all the Nick stars and opening day shenanigans, it could get pretty crazy. I'm not saying I wouldn't go on opening, because I probably will regardless. As far as the TPR gang, though, it could be fun to marathon on a weeknight (if not this time, sometime!).

Kara, sounds like fun, wish we could be there. My suggestion about the meet up is - pick a day and just say "show up f**kers!!!!"

That usually works best. If you think the weeknight is a good day to do it, DO IT! Set it in stone and get people to come and hang out!

Take lots of pics!

--Robb

Okay, so there weren't as many people interested as I thought...whoops!

But, for those of us around, let's try and meet up. I'll just go ahead and say 1pm. For you die hards in the morning, catch some lunch and come meet up. For everyone else, just be sure to allow a long time for parking at the mall-- it's going to be crazy!

How about at the top of the steps near Guest Relations on the upper deck?

Respond if you're game!

Anyone doing the VIP thing tomorrow night?

Well it turns out that none of you followed though. We where there waiting at 1 PM but no one showed up other than timberskara. We still had a good time since there was a group of 6 of us that met up with her.

Well it turns out that none of you followed though. We where there waiting at 1 PM but no one showed up other than timberskara. We still had a good time since there was a group of 6 of us that met up with her.

Sorry, I lost track of time and when I looked at my watch it said it was 1:46 and I had forgotten all about meeting up.

I hope you guys had a good time anyway and look forward to a TR. Sometimes you don't *need* a huge group to have fun. TPR started out as just small groups of 4 to 6 people....

--Robb