TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Behemoth Bash at Canada's Wonderland! Monday Aug 4th

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^Someone suggested Wegz Entertainment Center (giant sports bar, in a nutshell) for the Sunday evening, though you could go to the CN Tower, Hockey Hall of Fame, etc. if so inclined. You could even go to Ontario Place or Centreville (Dragon Wagon credit!!!) if it's open late enough upon your arrival. Be advised that the country of Canada closes at 5 p.m. on Sundays.

(Also note that Vaughan is still a half-hour drive from downtown, and even then that's not factoring in traffic. Any Torontonians know if the GO train or subway runs up that far north?)

Wegz is close to CW - not sure where the trip will be bedding down for the night but Wegz is about 1 km east of Jane/Rutherford and CW's main entrance is just west of there.

GO Trains do not run on weekends on the north-south routes. TTC Subways only run as far north as Finch on Yonge line and Downsview (Sheppard/Dufferin) on Spadina line. However, TTC buses and GO buses run from the CW area to subway stations. Check the GO website ( http://gotransit.com ) and look for bus 60 or http://www.ttc.ca for the TTC website.

A little south of CW there are two complexes. One (at Jane and Highway 7) has a Dave and Busters arcade and after 9:00pm it's adults only. There is also an AMC theatre complex there. On the other side of the highway, there is a large Famous Players theatre complex that has an Imax screen and I know The Dark Night is playing there now.

There is not a heck of alot to do in Vaughan at night unless you have a Trans Am or Camero and you want to get a meatball sandwich.

I think that I can attend (just need to ask the boss for a day off) but I might leave early to try to make it to work on Tuesday in Cleveland.

For the locals, how much time can I expect the Toronto traffic to add to the 5 hour drive home?

A couple months ago I had to drive to Cuyahoga Falls. It was during your May Memorial Day weekend - left home at 10:00am and arrived just after 4:00pm. It was not bad. I travel from north of CW to the Hamilton area often and I have a route for you.....

Leave CW - take 400 s to 401 w

401 w to 403 w (just past the airport)

403 w turns into QEW Niagara bound near the Ford plant in Oakville

stay on QEW to Fort Erie and cross at Buffalo

You should not encounter much traffic going that way on the Monday night, most traffic will be going the other way as the long weekend crowds are on their way home. The only exception to that is the 400 s for about 10 km.

Wegz is close to CW - not sure where the trip will be bedding down for the night but Wegz is about 1 km east of Jane/Rutherford and CW's main entrance is just west of there.

If it's where I think they're (and I'm) staying, the hotel would be about 10 minutes drive up Jane to CW and even closer to Wegz.

Interesting fact about the weekend GO schedule. Somehow I forgot about the other mass(ive) transit options available. (I haven't been to Wonderland since '99, nor stayed in Tronno downtown for about 4 years. Even then I just walked, though in '99 we stayed at the Royal York and Toronto itself was our main draw, therefore we used the subway/GO system a lot.)

Sorry for being last-minute, I just need to know one thing before registering...

Are employees of other Cedar Fair parks included in the 'Season Pass' price? I know they get into the park normally for free, but I don't know if it "counts" for this event. (There was an issue this year with Solace that Knott's was not recognizing other parks' employees and they had to pay the "full" rate, unlike years past)

^ Again, I'm not sure because it wasn't discussed. I would think that the answer would be "yes" you should be able to get in, but again be prepared to pay the difference just in case it's turned down at the gate.

We only negotiated for a "season pass" rate which DOES include if people have pre-paid or comp tickets that would be good on that date, but I'm not sure how an employee ID would work.

--Robb

I've already sent my payment threw but now two of my friends want to join. So do I just fill out the form with my name and information and put there names in the comment box at the end.

^ Yes, that's fine. Just make sure I have their full names and where they are from (City, State/Province), and what size T-shirt if they want one in the comments field.

--Robb

EDIT: Or just email me the info...that's fine too..

Hey everyone!

Tomorrow, July 31st is the last day to sign up for

Behemoth Bash and TPR's Hersheypark day.

If you need more details they can be found:

Behemoth Bash - August 4th:

http://www.themeparkreview.com/store/index.php?categoryID=6

TPR's Hersheypark Day - August 15th:

http://www.themeparkreview.com/store/index.php?categoryID=8

We hope to see you at one of these events!

--Robb Alvey

http://www.themeparkreview.com

Just curious if anyone going is from the Scarborough area and may be able to POSSIBLY give me a ride home..

My guest may not be able to stay till late and i MAY need a ride back...i can chip in for gas if anyone is going my way.

Thanks in advance.

- Josh