TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Behemoth Bash at Canada's Wonderland! Monday Aug 4th

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey TheCoasterKid, you were on the midwest trip? I was just looking at some of the pictures since I'm going on the east coast trip this year, looks like you guys had an amazing time! I'm no sure if anyone else from around here is going, but I'm definitely looking forward to it.

^Shawn was on the midwest trip and was our official Matt Damon lookalike (in fact he may have even scored with Sarah Silverman in a case of mistaken identity), not to be confused with other Shawn on the midwest trip, who definietely would not be mistaken for Matt Damon.

I'm thinking with ERT that the sessions will probably both have Behemoth in them, so that might mean five coasters in ERT, hopefully they won't double up on anything else. Just me speculating on that one, but it would seem logical to have Behemoth in both sessions.

I'm expecting a real battle to get all the credits at CW, but I'll have a plan of attack.

I'm expecting a real battle to get all the credits at CW, but I'll have a plan of attack.

Assuming ERT includes all the popular/low capacity rides in particular Flight Deck, Time Warp,Skyrider, and Bat, it shouldn't be all that hard.

The rides open during ERT "should" end up being the one's that would have brutal waits during the day. During park hours you should have no problem going around and hitting up the less popular rides.

This should be the one time that you end up glad to have an SLC and boomerang during ERT. You won't like the look of those lines.

Hey TheCoasterKid, you were on the midwest trip? I was just looking at some of the pictures since I'm going on the east coast trip this year, looks like you guys had an amazing time! I'm no sure if anyone else from around here is going, but I'm definitely looking forward to it.

I definitely did go on the Mid-West trip! It was an AMAZING trip and I can't imagine anyone not having a blast with the TPR crew. I had no quams with being called Matt Damon on the trip because it kept people from confusing me with the other Shawn...which would have been really unfortunate. I don't know who all is going on the East Coast trip, but you may just be the only one from our area. Last year there was 3 of us from Toronto though, so it was nice having someone to fly in with.

As far as ERT goes for Behemoth Bash I really do hope for everyone that needs the credits that we're able to get some of the lower capacity rides in. Time Warp can get a brutal line during the day, but for ERT it'd just be ride it once and get out of there. I'm personally hoping for Vortex as one of the coasters at night! It gives some great night rides over the lake.

Shawn, sounds awesome! How is Sarah Silverman?

I'm guessing you'll be at BBash?

Downunder, didnt' realize you were on midwest too...will this be your second TPR trip? I think it's great that the add-on is coming up here and glad to hear the midwest trip was a great time. Completely agree about Timewarp, you just need to get it done and over with, it really hurts.

Downunder, the Fly (Mack mouse) always has a huge line, it is a very popular family coaster and looks really cool with that paint job. The line is very slow. If we had night ERT on that side of the park, I think what would be really cool is definitely Vortex (like Shawn mentioned) and Thunder Run (Mack Blauer Enzian inside Wonder Mountain) because it too always has a slow and long line during the day but unlike the mouse, is fairly unique and a lot of fun. But adding the mouse or Boomerang to ERT in that area as a trio would be a lot of fun.

What about the wild mouse The Fly (they do have low capacity), does that get big waits or is it unpopular?

Also can the 3 kiddie credits get big waits?

2 kiddie credits you mean. Taxi Jam requires a kid to ride.

The other two kiddie credits shouldn't be a problem. Although being a summer holiday I'm sure they'll have a decent line.

The Fly as well will have a decent line.

But really, whatever low capacity coasters aren't in ERT, just head to them first and you should be fine.

I was there earlier today and it was a CIBC diversity day, and it was fairly busy. But with all the people there, the lines weren't too horrible.

It was the rain that ruined it.

A light shower, and true to Cedar Fair form, all the rides shut down.

Well, with no update lately, I really don't know if I'll be making this day or not. I'd rather not have to say screw it, but I just may not have any choice.

Not sure where to post this "update" but I received information today that the waterfalls that were not running in the past (on the mountain) are now running as of today. Also something to report, they have changed the "no loose articles" policy. On Vortex (the Arrow suspended coaster), you MUST bring on all loose articles. No you cannot leave anything on the station platform. If you've brought a backpack, you must place it in the car between your legs. For a park that is INTENSE when it comes to rider safety, it seems strange that they would do this. However, there has been an increase in thefts apparently, which resulted in this being implemented. Also, on White Water Canyon, you also may not leave anything behind. You must place it in the middle of the raft (apparently there's a pouch or something there to keep your items dry).

I for one am not loosing any sleep over missing a few credits at CW. There are 15 coasters, one is powered, and one is a kiddie. We get a bunch of ERT and lots of park hours. And if I miss a coaster or two at this place, I really won't care. It's more about the experience than the credits.

Well, with no update lately, I really don't know if I'll be making this day or not. I'd rather not have to say screw it, but I just may not have any choice.

I'm still not getting exactly what you need an update so desperately on. The event is going to happen, as far as we all know, that hasn't changed. You can likely plan on being there from before opening, until after closing. Yes it makes for a long day but very worthwhile from past TPR events I've been part of.

As far as booking work off I think that's all you really need to know. The details on what coasters will be operating for ERT, or what time lunch is doesn't really matter at this point, and won't matter for a couple of months still.

I for one am not loosing any sleep over missing a few credits at CW. There are 15 coasters, one is powered, and one is a kiddie. We get a bunch of ERT and lots of park hours. And if I miss a coaster or two at this place, I really won't care. It's more about the experience than the credits.

Actually, it's one powered and three kiddies. Silver Streak, Ghoster Coaster, and Taxi Jam (requires a child) are all kiddy coasters.

As far as booking work off I think that's all you really need to know.

That IS the problem for me. I can't just say to my boss that I need the day off to go gallivanting on a little trip.

I work in a very busy industry, and by not being able to plan this out well in advance, I may not be able to go because we have to plan around the weather and what clients we need to see. And quite frankly, Monday's can be very busy for us.

I can confirm that the waterfalls were running, I thought something was different today.

Were ALL the waterfalls back on, or just the upper ones on the front of the mountain?

There are also a few on the back where Vortex's lift is and I'm wondering if those are back on too.

I can confirm that the waterfalls were running, I thought something was different today.

Were ALL the waterfalls back on, or just the upper ones on the front of the mountain?

There are also a few on the back where Vortex's lift is and I'm wondering if those are back on too.

I never went on Vortex so I don't know if the back ones were on, all I saw were the front ones.

• 2 weeks later...

Well sad to say, because there was no update as of yet, I've made my plans for that day.

I'll be on my Cedar Point trip from the 1st to the 5th or 6th.

Oh, and when I went on July 1st, to answer a question from a previous page, yes the falls were running at the top of the mountain on the Vortex side, just not on Canada day, but there was still a lot of water on the top to indicate as much.

Behemoth Bash at Canada's Wonderland

Monday, August 4th

Register online NOW:

http://www.themeparkreview.com/store/index.php?productID=32

Download the flyer here:

http://www.themeparkreview.com/events/behemothbashflyer.pdf

Season Pass Holders - $35 (USD)

Non-Season Pass Holders - $60 (USD)

Behemoth Bash Event T-Shirt - $10 (USD)

Event fee includes:

- 1 Hour Morning ERT on Behemoth plus two additional rides

- 1 Hour Night ERT on Behemoth plus two additional rides

- A lunch that will keep you filled up all day

- TPR Trivia

- Behemoth Photo Walkback

- Q&A Session with park management

- Behemoth Bash Event ID and lanyard

- Park Admission Ticket (Included only with the $60 option)

If you have any questions please email me or post to the forum

in this thread:

http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=42281

See you at Behemoth Bash on Monday, August 4th!

--Robb Alvey

www.themeparkreview.com

Robb, this totally rocks! Thanks a million for organizing this thing. I've already taken the day off work, so this should be a go for me.

Are we going to have one of those TPR participant-exclusive chats, or is everything as self-explanatory as it seems in the flyer?

Is there a cap to the participants or a deadline for registering or a refund if cancelled with notice.

The wife's brother is scheduled to a have baby around then, so she can't commit yet.

If a refund is possible if she can't go, I will sign her up right now.