TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Valleyfair PTR

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree this is a great TR. I've never been to the park, and while it does look nice, some areas of the park begin to look a bit "rides stuck in a field". While I don't think a park always needs themeing to look nice, Valleyfair just looks a bit too much like a carnival in my opinion. Nice collection of rides though.

I clicked on this trip report knowing my girlfriend and I, who are from the Detroit area, were at this park last september. So I start looking through the photos and there I am along with my girlfriend in the backseat of renegade(the picture of the station flyby) right at perfect airtime height. I am in the shadow with a black beard. This is unreal that you actually took a picture of us! it is now my desktop picture. It was a beautiful but cold morning. Great Pics!

some areas of the park begin to look a bit "rides stuck in a field". While I don't think a park always needs themeing to look nice, Valleyfair just looks a bit too much like a carnival in my opinion.

To be fair, the park was in transition between its regular season and the Halloween Haunt so yeah, it looks bare. Much of the midway themeing and landscaping is removed in Sept to prepare for the Halloween themeing.

Nonetheless, these photos make me wish it was May even more than usual. I'm definitely ready for the season to start again!

Oh, and ^^, that is a super coincidence. I, too, was looking for me in the photos but am clearly not as cool . Seriously, though, what a cool thing for you to find!

Nice report and pics! I agree in that it does look very "Cedar Fair-ish", but a very nice, clean family park. Next time I am in the Minneapolis area for business, I will have to make it a point to get over there and get a ride on Renegade!

I agree this is a great TR. I've never been to the park, and while it does look nice, some areas of the park begin to look a bit "rides stuck in a field". While I don't think a park always needs themeing to look nice, Valleyfair just looks a bit too much like a carnival in my opinion. Nice collection of rides though.

Never in all my years of going to Valleyfair! have I gotten that impression. It has a spectacular atmosphere.