TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags announces Six Flags Dubailand.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The concept art is pretty spectacular, but I'd prefer not to get my hopes up anytime soon since this is the first news we've heard of Dubailand in months. I have to admit, the sign/entrance strung across the wooden coaster (please, oh please to be an El Toro clone!) as well as the Tower of Light and the Kaleidoscope look very creative. The "Roller coaster road" thing is a little much, though. And if this park ever sees the light of day, I hope it doesn't get the world's first B&M Giga coaster since it's a prototype and it might be negatively affected by the heat.

I look at it this way: Even if it doesn't get built, then we know what Six Flags would want to do if they were free of any financial limitations. If this would be built, then I would bet without hesitiation that it would be a park that could be as great as the Disney Parks.

Can't wait until more artwork is released.

Jeez, Dubai is currently growing exponentially... but what's going to happen when the oil dries up? There is nothing else there besides some of the most ridiculous (albeit awesome) displays of wealth in the world.

That is their reason for much of the building lately. The oil will run out, and they are trying to build up themselves as a major financial and tourist hub before that happen. They are trying to become the major financial player, with a nice position between Tokyo/Hong Kong/Singapore and London/Frankfurt.

I look at it this way: Even if it doesn't get built, then we know what Six Flags would want to do if they were free of any financial limitations. If this would be built, then I would bet without hesitiation that it would be a park that could be as great as the Disney Parks.

Can't wait until more artwork is released.

From what I understand, Six Flags is only Licencing their name to this park. Its not actually owned by the Six Flags Corp.

Here is a pic they just posted of one of the coasters for SF Dubailand. Looks Sweet!

45949_425428254332_237234629332_4637686_1353947_n.jpg.0cbb695c66e0c78780fd2a3e2a0d3592.jpg

Here's a first look at one of SIX FLAGS DUBAILAND's signature thrill rides. Standing at over 200' feet tall, SCREAMIN' EAGLE is a thrilling coaster featuring multiple vertical drops and aerobatic maneuvers designed to simulate the flight of a daredevil stunt plane.

There's no chance of this ever getting built. I'm sure Goddard is just releasing the concept art as a way to showcase his art in the hopes that another company will pick up on them.

^Thats interesting because that looks to be a B&M Dive Machine, and I thought Bush had some sort of deal with B&M about not letting other parks get them. Or was that just a rumor?

Its only a rumor...

The problem with Dubai was that the city tried to go big with tons of extravagant, ambitious projects and they failed with the global recession (basically a go big or go home mentality). If Dubai had opted for smaller projects, chances are more of them would've been built.

This SF park looks way too ambitious for the current chain to do anything with it since they're still in debt.

I've been having doubts about Ferrari World as well considering the state of the economy and a lot of the newer theme parks that have been built within the past 10 or so years (outside of China) having major problems.

** Six lands for six flags... looks like SF's really going back to their roots on this project. **

This SF park looks way too ambitious for the current chain to do anything with it since they're still in debt.

As has been mentioned multiple times in this thread. Six Flags is not building the park, their investment is limited to brain power in the form of consulting! SF would make money from licensing the Six Flags name.

Edited by larrygator

• 5 weeks later...