TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point or Kings Island?

CP or KI?  

74 members have voted

1. 1. CP or KI?

• CP
    • KI

Okay.... June I'm going back to visit my friends in Columbus OH! I can't decide if I want to go back to CP to finally ride Maverick and Raptor and then of course ride everything else again..... or go to KI since I have never been before. I'm afraid I might be a little disapointed in KI... but it is closer to Columbus than CP.

cprap.jpg.7fe8566c607d9af39d71357a00414f98.jpg

Yeah! A train in the shot!

cpdem.jpg.ff4a1627324e6334eafdd9a7afbd2951.jpg

It was stuck.... so I didn't get to ride it. Will that be gone this year?

cpentry.jpg.72d190ea86377c8ce5602007feb82e68.jpg

CP!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kings Island

Here's why.

Cedar Point: You go for roller coasters.

Kings Island: You Go For Family Fun.

At Kings Island, the coaster selection is okay. Sure it doesn't match the level of CP, but there are some fun ones. My personal favorites are Top Gun, Adventure Express, Racer, Flight of Fear, and The Beast.

Also, KI is more of a family park. If your just looking for a fun day at a park, KI is the place to go. It has some AWESOME flat rides: Delirium, Drop Zone, The Crypt. Also, the water park is great, though small.

The main reason people don't like KI too much is because of the coaster selection, but look past that, and you've got yourself a great park. Trust me, you WILL have a lot of fun from opening to closing.

^ That would be a good reason by itself. You have to ride it at least once! It was ranked one of the worst woodies in the world for a reason.

While I thought that CP was better than KI, the fact that you've never been to KI is a good reason to go. Beast is a fun and unique ride, FoF is pretty good, and Beastie/Fairly Odd Coaster is a classic.

I'm not a fan of Kings Island, but if you've never been and you really feel you need to ride those coasters go there. Otherwise I'm pretty sure you can bank on Cedar Point being a good time regardless.

My vote would actually be for Cedar Point.

--Robb

Kennywood... its not much more out of the way as is Cedar Point, and its ten times better than either park..

wrong answer??

Hmmm... I never thought about Kennywood. I have never been there before either!

I'm not a fan of Kings Island, but if you've never been and you really feel you need to ride those coasters go there. Otherwise I'm pretty sure you can bank on Cedar Point being a good time regardless.

My vote would actually be for Cedar Point.

--Robb

Thanks for your reply. You would be the best to say what park someone should go to! :0)

^ I have to agree with Robb! Yea if you havent been on Raptor or Maverick go to CP. I myself after going for like 2 years have still yet to ride Raptor and Maverick wasnt open when I went to CP opening day so It's way better to go to CP!

oh and let me know when your going...since I live in Columbus maybe we can meet up or something?

I'd say Cedar Point. As Robb said, Maverick and Raptor are better than anything at KI, and worth the extra distance. In my opinion, they are also better than anything at Kennywood. I'd go to KI and CP before going to Kennywood. Kennywood is overrated, in my opinion.

While I was originally leaning towards KI, I completely agree with Robb that Maverick and Raptor are awesome. Raptor was my number one until I rode Maverick this year. Just be sure to ride Raptor in the front, the back had some head banging in the cobra roll on my last trip.

Maverick is my favorite coaster, so I suggest you go to CP. Someone said that KI has more kick-butt thrill rides, but lets compare the 2 parks.

KI Thrill Rides

-Delirium

-The Crypt

-Drop Zone

+10 thrill coasters

CP Thrill Rides

-MaXair

-Skyhawk

-Power Tower

+14/15 thrill coasters

Yeah, go to Cedar Point...

I don't mean to hijack this thread from the OP and if this post deserves a thread of its own, then, mods, by all means, please do create a new thread.

I'm planning to head to both of these parks in the second week of May with 3 of my friends. I don't mind going with only 3 friends if the park will have very small queues, but if I went on the week after May 23rd, I could potentially bring along 4 more people and make the trip more worthwhile. How much longer would the lines be in the last week of May than in the second week and is there any other reason why I should or shouldn't wait until the last week?

I don't mean to hijack this thread from the OP and if this post deserves a thread of its own, then, mods, by all means, please do create a new thread.

I'm planning to head to both of these parks in the second week of May with 3 of my friends. I don't mind going with only 3 friends if the park will have very small queues, but if I went on the week after May 23rd, I could potentially bring along 4 more people and make the trip more worthwhile. How much longer would the lines be in the last week of May than in the second week and is there any other reason why I should or shouldn't wait until the last week?

Wait until the end of May because the Thursday and Friday of opening week, the park is FILLED with kids who are there for physics day. I used to go every year those two days and it would be empty. Last year it wasn't, everything was an hour wait and it was terrible. I'd say go later in May because local kids are still in school. Unless, of course you plan on going Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday of that week. The only bad thing about that is the park closes at 7:00 pm. Before last year it was 8:00 pm.

Seeing how you haven't been on Raptor or Maverick, definitely go back to CP. Those are the best two coaster in all of Ohio. I'm actually somebody who loves Kings Island, but you're definitely missing out if you haven't ridden those two coasters at CP.

Oops, I posted on your other CP KI thread before noticing this...

KI has many decent rides, most of which are fun for the first couple times you ride them. CP has many decent rides plus 6-7 standout rides (as you've noticed, I'm sure) which are always fun. If you had ridden Maverick and Raptor your first time, I'd say KI all the way. But those two rides change it (as mentioned by others). I think that is a testament to their quality in itself! Despite being three times as far away and (all expenses considered) about $80 more expensive (for a college kid, that's a ton!), I'm planning a CP trip. And I've already ridden those 2 rides!

I had a the same decision to make last year, torn for my love for CP and going to KI. My answer? well i have still yet to go to KI.. But knowing you have yet to go on Maverick. GO to CP.

P.s. i need a fridge on-ride magnet think you can help. i kid i kid have fun on mav.