TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Gym class in school

bspellx5

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't like it because It really doesnt push me. Im in Civil Air Patrol

so I do standard military physical training so its really nothing to me. Just time to talk to friends and bean the fat kids with dodgeballs. Next year Im in high school so I wont have to worry about it.

I hated the idea of gym class. I did 3 seasons of track every year, did i really need a class to make me physically fit.

I loved it my senior year because my teacher really didn't care. We had field sports where we had to play a sport that was played on a field... so we picked boccie. I was not going to get all sweaty first period of the day.

P.E. didn't bother me. The only part going into high school that bothered me was the swimming part, I couldnt' swim. But when I was in 9th grade, it was a 10th grade class. The next year it was a 9th grade class, so my whole class got out of it. Which is a good thing because the teacher could blind people the way he looked (lets just say he was pleasently plump in a Eric Cartman way plus 30 years). I have semi taught myself how to swim, not a strong swimmer, but can go about 20 feet without stopping (it doesn't look pretty though).

I loved Gym Class when I was a kid. I loved the competion and aggresion we got to have before the panty asses started going home and complaining to their parents about being picked last. Get over it not everyone in life gets a trophy. Today most PE classes suck, we have a nation full of fatass kids, and commercials begging kids to go out and play an hour a day. I guess heart disease and a lifetime of not being able to ride Intamin coasters was better then feeling bad cause you couldn't catch a giant rubber ball.

I'm not too much of a sports fan, although I have been taking Karate (Okinawa Goju Ryu - pronounced "Go Zhoo Roo") for the past 5 years. The ranking system is White Belt, then Yellow, Orange, Purple, Green, Blue, Brown, then Black. (Ten "degrees" on Black Belt - each one takes several years to get up to - first degree is when you get your black belt - I'm a green belt, soon to be blue belt.) And I'm in Marching Band as well. That's just in the summer because I live in Baldwinsville, NY - suburb of the infamous for snow Syracuse, NY, but with a (Brass, not the crappy sounding Fiberglass) Sousaphone on one shoulder for three hours a night, with 3 times a week in Summer, twice a week during School (until the end of October) and a show every Saturday for the final 8 weeks of the season (the Championships are on a Sunday) as well a large out of state trip, I get A LOT of hours, and that thing is heavy!

So, yeah, although I don't do sports, I still get excersize. So, I really don't like gym all that much, although I'm actually pretty good in Kick Ball. And there are some VERY hot girls in my gym class.

I didn't care for it much, I'm not very competitive by nature so any I didn't like playing games against others. They also made us run 2 miles or whatever...I like running but not that long of distances. It was fun just to shoot hoops or whatever.

I have always loved gym class. Probably cause I love playing sports but the gym program my school has we focus on sports from other countries.

But, this year last semester I had a gym class and its called Small Group Focus and basically its regular gym like playing floor hockey, dodgeball etc but the deal with it is your at school one week doing gym than go somewhere else the next week to play billiards, tennis, darts, curling, golfing and bowling. Heck sometimes we went just tobogganing. It was an amazing class.

Yeah, In 11th grade at my school you can choose from a bunch of different things to do for each semester, like bowling, tennis,ballroom dancing, etc. and that sounds OK. What I don't like is having to take 9th Grade P.E. and 10th grade P.E. both in one year, but hey I guess thats what I get for never participating last year..

My gym class is pretty boring.

We come in. We take roll and write down the agenda. We do the warm up. We run. We do some boring unit (tumbling, dancing, the only good one is bowling). We listen to them nag about how loud we were. We leave, late to lunch. Every frickin' day.

Except today. We ran the mile today.

Yeah, In 11th grade at my school you can choose from a bunch of different things to do for each semester, like bowling, tennis,ballroom dancing, etc. and that sounds OK. What I don't like is having to take 9th Grade P.E. and 10th grade P.E. both in one year, but hey I guess thats what I get for never participating last year..

I had that in grade 12. I did bowling, squash, curling, football,etc.

In grade9 there was a Vietnamese kid in my class that almost drowned. He had to get rescued by the lifeguard when he tried going in the deep end.

He probably made it about 40 feet at least before having to be rescued. Though we was skin and bone, so he probably floated that far. If he had more weight on him he would have sunk like a stone.

Squash & racquetball. I sucked at Squash though. I found that small black ball impossible to hit.

I did better at racquetball though. Well other then when I took a shot right in the side of the head. One second I'm fine, the next everything is spinning and my nose is bleeding.

Thankfully, I'm excused because of my full academic schedule, but I hated it when I had it.

At my school they actually give you a grade on some of the stuff based on how good you are, which is stupid, because not everyone is going to be good at everything in there and their grades should not suffer for it.

I think sports and show choir need to be PE credit. They all give you a workout.

And if you need the health stuff, take Biology.

At my school they actually give you a grade on some of the stuff based on how good you are, which is stupid, because not everyone is going to be good at everything in there and their grades should not suffer for it.

That's definetly unfair. I always had one of the strongest efforts in gym class, which would get me mid 70s/80s. But I was no where near being a decent athlete.

There was always more talented guys who would be really surprised when they found out I was doing better in the class then they were.

^ Ouch. They still grade people like that in the US? Thank god, because instead of a straight 100 average, I would probably have a 65 - 75 in gym, therefore making it impossible to stay in Honors Society for where I am. (90 or above average with no grades below 85. Once you get a grade below an 85, you have one quarter to get it above 85, and you can't participate in any other activities in that quarter, so if you get an 84 or lower in any of your grades in the third quarter, you don't get to go to Darien Lake.)

I was always just kinda blah about it. I didn't like doing team sports, really didn't like running ( half because I'm fairly lazy , other half because I have asthma ). The things I liked most was when they would let you go off on your own ( find your group of friends ) and shoot hoops or go to the weight lifting room. I also really liked swimming in 10th grade.

-Mike

At my school, everytime you are unprepared[meaning you dont change into gym clothes] you lose four points off of your overall average, and swimming its 8 points each time you don't swim. I can swim fine [i took swimming lessons for like 5 years in a row] but the pool at my school is gross, like theres stuff floating in it all the time and its just really bad.I got a 32 that marking period.

This unit were doing in my 10th grade P.E. class right now, is all about like getting to know people and making new friends and trusting people, its like what the hell does that have to do with physical education at all whatsoever?