TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Sea World Abu Dhabi back on the docket for 2022

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^You're our go to guy whenever they do announcements at BGW!!!

And yeah, we wouldn't be stupid enough to break US and UAE laws when we go!

Hmm--this year's new garden shop and the annual parade-of-has-beens concert lineup (unless you're a huge Charlie Daniels fan) doesn't quite stack up to the Dubai announcement.

But Water Country is finally getting some new body slides, at least.

This is the first stateside chain that has announced Dubai parks, right?

It will be interesting to see what other chains end up expanding into Dubai.

No, Universal already announced plans as well.

As for the beer part...it's a BUSCH park. Its going to be very weird if they open a park without beer

I know, kind of off topic, but those buildings I circled look AWESOME!

-Tanks "Architecture Geek" 4me05.

Anyway, I was planning a Mid East Trip to add to my massive list of parks I want to visit before I die, now WoD (World of Discovery) is being added to the list. At first I was just going to go to Dubai for the awesomeness of architecture. Now I'm going for awesomeness of architecture AND roller coasters. Most likely good ones, too.

Hopefully Dubai can actually sustain this park. It's growing faster than people are coming in.

You know, this really is a logical concern. After looking back over the last set of John's pics that he posted, I saw a huge resemblence to something that's been happening in South Florida over the last 8-10 years or so. There was a HUGE beachfront condo boom from Palm Beach to Miami that has recently cooled off quite significantly due to the current market.

Condos on Fort Lauderdale beach that were selling for a few million several years ago can now be scooped up for several hundred grand. I'm obviously aware of the distinct differences between South Florida and Dubai, but everytime I see a new project announced over there (although I'm still fascinated by them), a little voice of reason inside my head is screaming "slow down, Dubai....things change." I seriously wonder how many of those residences will sit empty.

Also, for a region who's banking on sustaining itself by trade and tourism, is it just me, or does it seem odd that many of the locations, hotels, etc. seem marketed towards the "elite, or higher end" crowd? Seems to me, over time you'd have to take a page out of Orlando's playbook. Maybe it's just me, and I'm looking at it wrong.

4 parks= yippee!

However, I'm having trouble getting over the irony of building a man made island, then putting sea creatures in tanks on that island in the ocean.

HAHAHAHA! I loved that!!!

This is an amazing porject. I am curious what types of rides will the park include and how they will be cunstructed. And if they need to expand, how will they do it?

Im no engineer, but these reclaimed islands dont look like the best place to build.....well anything. I can't even imagine the kinds of footers you would have to pour for a large coaster, let alone any substantial size building. I got to think in the long run, mother nature will win this one. A perfect example is the airport in Japan that was built on a reclaimed island. It has sunk over 4 four since its been built.

As for the park itself, I think it sounds like an amazing idea. Instead of a big Euro trip for my 10th wedding anniversary, maybe I can talk my wife into Dubai?

Im no engineer, but these reclaimed islands dont look like the best place to build.....well anything. I can't even imagine the kinds of footers you would have to pour for a large coaster, let alone any substantial size building. I got to think in the long run, mother nature will win this one. A perfect example is the airport in Japan that was built on a reclaimed island. It has sunk over 4 four since its been built.

That's just one example where it didn't work. They have been building parks and so many other developments on reclaimed land for quite some time.

Both Tokyo Disneyland and Hong Kong Disneyland were both built on reclaimed land.

And you only heard the stories of the problems that airport had, you never hear the stories about how they fixed it.

Do you really think they would be spending billions of dollars hand over fist if the whole thing didn't work?

--Robb

Oh My Lord

Are the parks just going to be "The Best Of" of all the other Busch Parks? with a clone of Griffon and Montu and etc.? That would be so surreal, to have major rides from both parks within the same park!

Dubai is going to be SAWEET in a decade or so! Everytime I hear about this place it just blows my mind how much they're doing. This whole superdevelopment of Dubai will probably go down in history as one of the greatest long-term projects of ALL time

awesome...

Ugh. They got my hopes up and crushed them for another damn park in Dubai. I really hope that the entire Dubai project performs a California Adventure, to prove they should have spent the money here to help improve our experiences, not for people who are insanely rich and can afford to go to Dubai without selling their leg. However, with all the money they are pouring into it, it's going to be a hit. Poo.