TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Magic Mountain SFMM 2009 Coaster - Termintor?

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah but it would be cool if the painted a wooden coaster like a a steel one!

Until the paint starts peeling and they leave it that way for a good 10 years or so before they finally get around to painting it.

Yeah but I don't think SFMM should build a new woodie! THEY DON'T TAKE CARE OF THERE WOODIE NOW! They should stick with steel because they are horrible with woodies! Look Phyclone-Gone! That was a good coasster they didn't take care of it! SFMM=Steel coasters!

^But that's just the thing, the GCI's don't need as much maintenance as other wooden coasters. Except of course for Intamin woodies which would have been a MUCH better choice for SFMM, but given the economy and price it's easy to see why they went with GCI!

Ok its just that Six Flags has a rep for not taking care of their woodies! But I don't understand the terminator theme at all isn't that supposed to be at Universal Studios???

Dude, read this whole thread before you start asking questions. You'll find answers to such things as the Terminator thing, and how true certain myths are.

Ok its just that Six Flags has a rep for not taking care of their woodies!

Have you been to any other Six Flags parks that aren't Magic Mountain? Six Flags probably has plenty examples of where they can take care of a wood coaster.

See - Wild One at SFA, Roar at SFDK, Viper at SFGam, Comet at Great Escape, etc, etc...

If you don't really know what you are talking about, maybe you should think before you post!

--Robb

Until the paint starts peeling and they leave it that way for a good 10 years or so before they finally get around to painting it.

Or in Colossus' case, 20+ years.

Magic Mountain already has a painted wood coaster that they don't take care of, I'd much rather be able to see the grains in the wood on this one. And some terrain hugging wouldn't hurt!

^Terrain hugging would be interesting, but that brings up where they're gonna build it. If they do end up putting it in Psyclone's grave, the terrain is flat. But, if they actually hide it somewhere in the mountain (That'd be cool to have a drop out right past Ninja), then we could get some serious terrain hugging areas. Man, I wish they'd announce the ride already!

I'm just excited SFMM is getting a new wooden coaster. We all know SFMM has needed a new one. and I dont think Intamin woodie would have worked, because of the available land (unless SFMM owns more land than I thought), other than the economy. Unless I am wrong, it needs to fit within the plot of land once occupied by Psyclone

Aside from that, I can only hope a lot of time is spent on the theming. After the mediocre theming of the Dark Knight, Six Flags does at least need to make this ride's theme stand out as something that a good amount of time and money was spent on.

Ok its just that Six Flags has a rep for not taking care of their woodies! But I don't understand the terminator theme at all isn't that supposed to be at Universal Studios???

Well the T2 show obviously yes. But Universal Studios Hollywood doesnt have a Terminator roller coaster, and a few other Six Flags parks do have Terminator roller coasters. So it makes sense to build a wooden coaster that SFMM needs and give it a name that some coasters in other Six Flags parks already have.

But while on the topic of Universal Studios Hollywood, they are need of more rides or a roller coaster or two. There isnt enough there, and its not like there's an Islands of Adventure right across from Hollywood unlike in Orlando.

But Universal Studios Hollywood doesnt have a Terminator roller coaster, and a few other Six Flags parks do have Terminator roller coasters.

Uhhhh...Which Six Flags parks have Terminator roller coasters?

But Universal Studios Hollywood doesnt have a Terminator roller coaster, and a few other Six Flags parks do have Terminator roller coasters.

Uhhhh...Which Six Flags parks have Terminator roller coasters?

Well, I might be mixed up. T2 stands for Terminator 2 unless I am wrong. And I know there are one or two Six Flags parks that have T2 coasters (one is Kentucky Kingdom I think)

Well, I might be mixed up. T2 stands for Terminator 2 unless I am wrong. And I know there are one or two Six Flags parks that have T2 coasters (one is Kentucky Kingdom I think)

You are correct that SFKK has a coaster called T2. However, that name has nothing to do with the Terminator franchise. I'm not positive of the exact meaning, but I think it stands for something like "Terror squared"......which would be more than appropriate since it's an SLC that will send most screaming for the hills!! (Even though I tend to like them......I know, I'm weird that way!)

EDIT: Whoops, looks like Wes beat me to the punch by a minute.

^ T2 stands for "Terror To The Second Power" or something stupid like that, there's no relation to the Terminator movies.

Ah, I see. Thank you for correcting me, becuase I assumed they were related to the T2 Judgement Day movie.

Terminator does sound more like a name for a steel coaster though. But I definiately where Mark Shapiro is taking Magic Mountain, into a better direction.

I'm just excited SFMM is getting a new wooden coaster. We all know SFMM has needed a new one. and I dont think Intamin woodie would have worked, because of the available land (unless SFMM owns more land than I thought), other than the economy. Unless I am wrong, it needs to fit within the plot of land once occupied by Psyclone.

You're wrong. The ride doesn't *need* to fit where Psyclone once was. Not to say they couldn't put it back there. But I'm a firm believer that if they want to build the ride, they will find the room.

I'm just excited SFMM is getting a new wooden coaster. We all know SFMM has needed a new one. and I dont think Intamin woodie would have worked, because of the available land (unless SFMM owns more land than I thought), other than the economy. Unless I am wrong, it needs to fit within the plot of land once occupied by Psyclone.

You're wrong.

Does SFMM have land we don't know about? Because didn't they change part of that land into a graveyard for the torn down coasters? (Flashback, Freefall, ETC.)

^ This point always comes up whenever someone talks about "park X" getting "Ride X."

It doesn't matter if it appears as though they have no room now. If they want to put a ride in, they will MAKE room.

--Robb

I think putting a wooden coaster where Psyclone was is a terrible idea. If the park does actually get a new wooden coaster I would put it somewhere in the park where people have a decent chance of not confusing it for the ride that they rode 5 years before and didn't really care for.

Also, as I've said, I don't believe the ground is stable enough in that area for another coaster (so I've been told).

Knott's keeps surprising me with room for their coasters; I'm sure SFMM will squeeze one in somewhere besides the old Psyclone graveyard.

Remember, too, that with Freefall gone, there are possibilities around there, too.

Eric