TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Magic Mountain SFMM 2009 Coaster - Termintor?

While I fully agree SFMM needs a wooden coaster, I still think we're going to have to wait a few more years. The park isn't going to want to add a wooden coaster just to have people stroll by thinking that it's the same wooden coaster they rode back in 1994. The park has to wait for the memory of Psyclone to fade a bit.

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well making the assumption that the coaster would be wood colored, wood frankly looks like wood.

Many years ago I was in the line for Riddlers and was listening to the guy in front of me telling his friends how he had been on Riddlers back in 1987 when it was painted black and called Shockwave. Now personally I think Shockwave and Riddlers look far more different then would Psyclone and another wooden coaster.

I could be giving people way to little credit here, however I stand by what I said that it is going to be a few more years before we see SFMM get a new wooden coaster. I do fully believe that it is coming, just not yet. I do honestly hope that they prove me wrong however.

^ I have to agree with you, I don't see a woodie coming to SFMM for another couple of years. My guess for next year's coaster is a standard mouse. Family friendly, fun for everyone, short height requirement. Just my guess.

---Brent

Yes, except Six Flags has never built anything "standard" at Magic Mountain. You build something standard, and you get a standard response. If it is a mouse type coaster, I suspect it will carry something to make it "not" standard, like the Dark Knight coasters.

More than ever, this park needs something they can heavily market against Knotts.

With all of this talk about the Dark Knight coming to the park since it was cancelled at SFNE, I think this is highly unlikely. First of all, they planned the coaster before SF canceled TDK. This would mean they are not bringing in one from a failed project. If TDK ever comes to SFMM, it will be in addition to the new for 2009 coaster being discussed.

Despite rampant speculation, the themed coaster will not be a rotating Tony Hawk’s Big Spin or an indoor Dark Knight, according to officials at the Valencia amusement park.

^But nothing on the scale of changing the entire coaster. This ride has to have been in the works for a good year or two.

So was Dark Knight at SFNE, and now it isn't. I guess the point I'm making is, with SFMM being such a high profile park in the chain, a standard mouse isn't going to cut it. There will have to be something about it that stands out and is marketable.

• 1 month later...

I think the queue will be where all the theming is located. At least I hope for no large cardboard cut outs of a Terminator pointing a gun at you as you go down the lift, USH RotM rip #1, or a helix with Sean Connor standing in the middle being held up by a support, THBS rip. Maybe make the ground look like a wasteland? I don't know, something interesting! Just no cheesy cardboard cut outs

^ Yeah...it's a really weird choice. Terminator is all about robots, and metal, and metallic robots blowing up shit in the future. And yet they are theming a wooden coaster around it? Add to that the whole "Universal already has a Terminator attraction" I'm seriously having a hard time believing it...but Six Flags has made some really baffling creative and marketing decisions in the past. X2 would have been a better retheme to Terminator than a wooden coaster.

It just seems so illogical, but I know I'll probably be eating my words come Summer of 2009.