TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Magic Mountain SFMM 2009 Coaster - Termintor?

^ Um, I'm not sure where you are getting that idea from. They just spent $10 million on X2. While I doubt any sort of Intamin is coming to the park in 2009, I can see the park looking into a more "high end" family thrill ride for next year. How much are the Dark Knight coasters costing SF? I'm sure they're not cheap.

Btw, who said anything about a $20 million dollar coaster? All the possibles mentioned in this thread range from $5-10 mill.

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm putting my money on it being a spinner, just one that isn't themed to Tony Hawk or Batman like the others are. After all, the article said that it wasn't a Big Spin or a Dark Knight, but it didn't say that it wouldn't be the same type of coaster.

^^Kawasemi is more about $15 Mill.

I think a lot of the "smaller" installations going around in the chain are this years investment. Magic mountains "smaller" installations included the upcoming Thomas Town, and a $10 million refurbishment. The other parks included Tony Hawk rides that were no more than $7 Million. The fact that the company is only spending $7 million on other parks for brand new rides, and $10 mill on the refurbishment of an old one speaks volumes, and that's not even including the Thomas Town cost.

Magic Mountain has always gotten big rides when it comes to coasters, and minus the installation of Thomas Town this year, pretty much gets something unique to the entire chain (of course there are exceptions, the most recent being Scream, but again, it was mirrored and marketed under a new name, not "Medusa"). Its one of their highest profit parks, so it gets rewarded that way.

I just don't think a Tony Hawk or Dark Knight would fit at Magic Mountain, its known for its big rides, there's a lot of room back there were Psyclone was and there's no problem keeping that way as long as they're continuing to add "family thrills" every other year as well.

I think that a Dark Knight would fit in just fine at Magic Mountain as long as it was in Gotham City.

For those of you that don't think it'll fit, you don't have to worry about it because they already said that they weren't getting one.

I agree with those who say it's going to be a mouse ride, with a different theme than the one's currently being used. Probably something pretty elaborate. Either that or a Rumbler sized GCI. We'll see.

I guess we'll get a few hints this weekend!

^Yeah, it would be awesome, but it will never happen...

I know its off topic, but are TGG and GCI the only wooden coaster builders out there now?

Well, I guess some count Intamin too...

^Vekoma also builds wooden coasters, and I think Coaster Works got back together recently too. S&S used to, but I'm not sure if they are still in the wooden coaster business. However, GCI, GG, and to a smaller extent Intamin are currently the only real competitors.

• 1 month later...

I would pray, that it's a GCI. They just torn down Psyclone. So I can only imagine that they would replace one woodie with another. Either way, I'm psyched for the new ride and cant wait to see what Six Flags comes up with now they are really starting to put a lot of care into their parks.

I would pray, that it's a GCI. They just torn down Psyclone. So I can only imagine that they would replace one woodie with another. Either way, I'm psyched for the new ride and cant wait to see what Six Flags comes up with now they are really starting to put a lot of care into their parks.

I think that's a pretty good possibility. I just hope it might be open by late April!

-JZ

SFMM also tore down Flashback, so using your logic they should get two new coasters, one wood and one steel.

Either one is a possibility...we have to wait and see.

^ Yes, but the removal of Flashback didn't leave them with just one steel coaster left, Psyclone leaving leaves a pretty big hole in the wooden coaster catagory. I'm not saying a wood coaster is coming (lord knows they haven't had good luck with them in the past), but it would make sense to me if they went in that direction.