TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Magic Mountain SFMM 2009 Coaster - Termintor?

^ Who says SFA deserves a coaster more than SFMM?

"...at a park I've never been to...nor will ever go to just because I'm completely at the other end of the country" (Coasterlicious)

I thought that at one time about Walt Disney World, but I did finally go there---at age 42. And I went back once again at age 47. You'll get out here if you save for it and make plans. You'll be glad you did.

Eric

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My money is on a wooden launched inverted standup floorless LAVAtrax

just so they can say they one-up'd Cedar Point

really, though, if anything else that has been added in any other Six Flags parks is any indication, Magic Mountain will either get a clone of something, or get a new global ride that will be cloned and put in every other park...my guess would be a clonable version of an X-car

^That may actually be possible. All they have to do is take the seats from SFOG's Acrophobia (Stand-up/Floorless), put them on the inverted-wooden coaster concept that is being worked on, add some LIMs, and install some sprinklers that shoot lava out of them under the track. Wha-la! A wooden launched inverted stand up floorless LAVAtrax! (Okay, never mind....)

But I wouldn't rule out a wooden coaster yet. When RCDB puts any coaster on its site, they have to classify it as a wooden or steel coaster. Now, they may not have known anything about the coaster, but just wanted to put it on the site because it is definitely happening. Therefore, the steel coaster setting may just be a place-holder until further info is released!

I still think it will be an EK clone...

^ I agree with Wes. RCDB still doesn't list the one and only roller coaster in Tucson and it's a freaking Miner Mike. They list all other Miner Mike's but why not this one?

I have no idea what this coaster will be, but I am interested in seeing where they put the new coaster in the park.

Any thoughts?

Whatever is built, it should be a great attraction. I'm actually surprised that SFMM is building a new coaster as I thought that the flat ride selection would be built up first. I believe that this mystery coaster will be an EK clone, but a launched X-car also seems like a possibility now. As for other possibilities, I could see an euro fighter(something the size of Typhoon), a Vekoma family coaster(spinning or jr. SLC), or maybe one of those crazy bobsled coasters like at Klotten Park.

"So maybe that reason alone will keep a coaster from going back there, or maybe it'll have to be steel." (PURE)

There were two steel coasters in Psyclone's spot before Psyclone got there. Before that pile of firewood was the Sarajevo Bobsleds (1984-85) and Shock Wave (1986-88).

But I have heard that there are some ground stability issues with that area, like it was a dry lakebed or something.

Eric

^^ How could it be the last thing SFMM needs? They have to add new things in order to keep people coming back to the park, and new coasters is an excellent way to bring people to a park. I remember Jay Thomas saying you can't market a flat ride as big as a roller coaster because it's just not as big and exciting as a roller coaster. And if this is the last thing SFMM needs, what do you think would be a worthy replacement? They're already fixing up the park quite a bit and I don't think a coaster is the last thing they need.

---Brent