TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Photo TR: Jahan's Awesome TPR-Midwest Trip Report!

arrowfanman

weary of woodies

Did you mean "leery" (also spelled "leary") of woodies, meaning "suspicious" or "wary," or were you really tired of them?

Jahan, this has been one excellent TR (but yours always are).

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aside from Coney Island (hooray, shameless self-endorsements), this is my favorite update yet. I mean, it had Taco Bell and geeky ride-opness. I don't really get the comparison between IB and Blackpool though. When I think Blackpool I think a spread out British park with mostly wooden coasters.

Awww, between this and doing the IB segment last week I'm so ready to go back!

Being relatively close to IB is one of the few perks of living in this wasteland.

I really hope the new owners don't dork around with the park too much. I'm especially fond of how fast 'n loose IB operates. How many other parks run their Double Shots so intensely that you slam into the restraints at the top? Or let you ride one per seat on a Falling Star, producing more insane lateral action than any coaster out there?

We got into the park without a problem and was quickly taken away into a fun little world. The park proves that you do not need themeing to have atmosphere! I let the rest of the group go ahead to let in some local friends of ours—Rich and Mel—and we were soon greeted by Cameron, Ted, Catrina, and several other friends.

I'm reduced to several other friends.

Thanks for all the nice comments guys!

weary of woodies

Did you mean "leery" (also spelled "leary") of woodies, meaning "suspicious" or "wary," or were you really tired of them?

Jahan, this has been one excellent TR (but yours always are).

By golly Chuck, you're right. It shall be fixed!

I'm reduced to several other friends.

I did notice and considered adding you in, but then thought, "Psh--Matt's getting a WHOLE section of the SFGAm TR to his self. He would much rather prefer that to a simple name-drop.

-Jahan

Jahan - You have no made it pointless for any other person to do a PTR of any other park, because none will ever be as good at this!

Come on over - There's always room on my couch!

Cameron.

Jahan - You have no made it pointless for any other person to do a Photo TR of any other park, because none will ever be as good at this!

I guess I'll go ahead and retire like Bret Farrrve then.

Jahan, this TR does indeed continue to kick major arse.

I loved Indiana Beach soooo much. I too didn't know anything about the park before we got there and was just blown away. The bear is awesome. That was my first flyer as well. Those swings seriously freaked me out though. We all rode the paratrooper ride too and the ride op kept it going for what seemed like FOREVER!!!! The little launch tower was great too especially if you like to fly up through a cloud of bugs. Mmmmmm...bugtastic. That little report makes me want to go back badly now.

This is one of the coolest parks I hvve ever been to. Im so happy to see this TR Jahan, I miss this trip so much.

And why didn't you get that girls Myspace Jahan? She was totally hot for you. Thats how I got her to ride Cornball with you durring ERT, you could have at least gotten her Myspace and kept in touch! lol

I book our flight, we're leaving tomorrow, pack your bags!

We all rode the paratrooper ride too and the ride op kept it going for what seemed like FOREVER!!!!

I recorded 2.5 minutes of that cycle on my camera and started it right when we started to go up. There were atleast 2 minutes before that when we stayed flat.

Again, great TR. IB is one of if not my favorite park, and you just made me want to go back even more. That was a great day, and the Cornball ERT rides in the rain/lightning were amazing.

When ERT was over, I left feeling euphoric! I cant even describe it. I know a lot of people felt this way when leaving IB, but I know I havn’t had that genuinely enjoyable of a park experience in a long time. It was the park. The people I was with. The all-around energy that filled the day. I just loved it.

That sums up exactly how I felt about the place.

We all rode the paratrooper ride too and the ride op kept it going for what seemed like FOREVER!!!! The little launch tower was great too especially if you like to fly up through a cloud of bugs. Mmmmmm...bugtastic. That little report makes me want to go back badly now.

Gosh - I'd forgotten "The Neverending Paratrooper Ride" That was NUTS. The swings also kinda scared the snot out of me as well, especially with the water show going on under you. Gary - weren't you making all of those crazy squeaking noises on that launch tower??

good times...good times...

Thanks Jahan - appreciate the memories.

David

Hmm yes... The feeling as we were all walking down that dimly lit midway in the quiet trickling of rain to the buses after a wonderful, event filled day at such a fun park with such an awsome group of people... I think euophoric is such a good word for it. The only thing that could have possibly been a tiny bit sad about that moment is knowing we're not coming back there the next day... But I think pretty much everybody on the trip loved it.

I did notice and considered adding you in, but then thought, "Psh--Matt's getting a WHOLE section of the SFGAm TR to his self. He would much rather prefer that to a simple name-drop.

-Jahan

Giggidy, giddidy, giggidy.

IB, what a magical little place, proves you don't have to be high tech to have a lot of fun. Would so love to go back, hopefully the new owners won't rob this unique place of it's soul.

We had a huge indoor amusement arcade called Funland down the south coast at Ulla Dulla which had flats as well, it was the kind of place where you could go there 10 years later and it wouldn't have changed, it had all the old school stuff. Then it got sold a couple of years ago and a chain operator came in and destroyed the place, please don't do this to IB.

IB was awesome. It's too bad for me half the time I felt literally close to death (as you can tell by that picture...I was NOT doing good!) and only got to really enjoy the park once I got back from the hospital. Still...those night rides on Cornball (and the sickdiculous airtime on the turnaround), the Fascination games, the extended ride on the chair swings as the park was closing. That was as close to perfect bliss I had on the trip.

WHEN CAN WE GO BACK?!!!?1!?1?1

My group didn't really seem to "get" IB at first...but as the day went on we all warmed up to it and had a blast. I'd go back in a heart beat if given the chance.

I still think the best coaster in the park was LoCoSuMo though.

Your TR continues to enthrall me! Keep it up!

We all rode the paratrooper ride too and the ride op kept it going for what seemed like FOREVER!!!! The little launch tower was great too especially if you like to fly up through a cloud of bugs. Mmmmmm...bugtastic. That little report makes me want to go back badly now.

Gosh - I'd forgotten "The Neverending Paratrooper Ride" That was NUTS. The swings also kinda scared the snot out of me as well, especially with the water show going on under you. Gary - weren't you making all of those crazy squeaking noises on that launch tower??

good times...good times...

Thanks Jahan - appreciate the memories.

David

Yup I was making my scared noise. The towers scare me so bad but I have to ride them That one time scared the crap out of me though because it misfired or something and only went up a few feet. I was like hmmmmmm...

Jen cracked me up on LoCoSuMo..."WHY IN THE *bleep* DOES THE BEAR HAVE BEADS?!?!" And then there was the bar with the band that Better than Ezra was better than. The hot bartender was giving me free drinks. Not to mention the "turkey" hats. Good times...good times. One of the best parks ever.