TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

SFKK Northwest Territory

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the worse park I have ever visited. The landscaping was terrible, the park was dirty, the rides were ragged, the load times were awful. The only coaster I saw that I might wanted to ride was the one in the back area that was closed. Chang was a horrible knockoff of Riddler's Revenge and it needed painting and the grass hadn't been cut under or around the ride this year. I stayed at the park all of one hour. It was a TOTAL waste of time. I say bulldoze this park and get rid of it. There wasn't one ride worth even going back to ride and I stayed 3 days at the Rodeway Inn right in front of the park and I had a season pass.

The "Northwest Territory" is most likely history for Six FLags. It's no secret that Six Flags is looking to dump KY Kingdom. Earlier in the year, Ed Hart was seen walking around with Six Flags reps, word was Six Flags was trying to get Ed's company to take it back. They turned the offer down, too much money.

Who knows what will become of the "territory" or the park for that matter, but I don't think Ky. Kingdom will be around much longer.

I hope, that in the coming years, Six Flags does sell the park to a company that will refurbish all the rides. I have been to the park 6 years ago at I loved it. I went back last year and the park needed some work. I could even see PARC managment buy out the park.

This is the worse park I have ever visited. The landscaping was terrible, the park was dirty, the rides were ragged, the load times were awful. Chang was a horrible knockoff of Riddler's Revenge and it needed painting and the grass hadn't been cut under or around the ride this year.

FYI, Chang was built a year BEFORE Riddler's Revenge. If anything, RR was a knockoff of Chang. Also, Chang received a brand new paint job in 2006, and it looks amazing! They also trimmed back all of the weeds underneath, so that's not a problem anymore.

Regarding the lack of landscaping, have you seen the spot where STOP once stood? It looks great! The shrubs and flowers planted are very inviting, much more than a big red tower.

Also, what many of you all don't seem to know is that SFKK is a cash cow for the chain. It won't be dumped anytime soon...

The only drastic change I could see in the near future is the transformation of the new park (back) into a huge waterpark (the main draw), and keeping the old park (front).

People need to stop ragging on a park that they've visited ONCE! On my first visit to CP, it sprinkled every 20 minutes, so I didn't get to ride anything. The policy is horrible, but I don't go around ranting, "OMG, Cedar Point was the worst park I've ever visited!"

Hi, I have read these thread for a while and decide to post. Now I have heard rumors from some friends in the industry that Six Flags might build a new park in Kentucky near the Speedway. I don't know if it is true or not, but there has been talk. A positive to building a new park is that the height problem will be no more since there is no airport plus KY don't really have any parks. If Mark was smart, he would do this.

Yes, Thunder Run isn't an exact clone, but it is just about the same ride as the Hurler's. Oh, and yes, the 2 Hurler's ARE clones. Check out rcdb. The point still remains that its at best an average ride.

The Hurler clones were based on TR's layout & of course they turned out to be horrible wastes of wood.As for T2 it's NOT the SLC prototype,that honor goes to El Condor at the former SF Holland.

Chang was a horrible knockoff of Riddler's Revenge and it needed painting and the grass hadn't been cut under or around the ride this year.
I just wanted to clear this up. Chang was made before Riddler, and it's in no way similar. Chang actually is a mirrored clone of Mantis until the block brake. There are subtle differences like the drop isn't as steep, and the turns are less intense. It's a pretty good ride.

SFKK was a nice park when I went in 2006, and while not great, it still has a decent flat selection with some good coasters. Sure the only stand-out coasters are Chang and Greezed Lightning, but they are still fun(even T2) When I went, the park was clean, and the staff was friendly. With the exception of the operations on the wild mouse, I'd say that the staff was doing a good job of running the rides.

As for the area in question, I hope it gets redone, and after seeing what was done to the water park, I bet whatever is done will turn out great. Hopefully they can put in some large flats(something the park lacked) like a screamin swing or giant frisbee, but a dark ride would be good to. If a coaster is part of the plan, then hopefully something unique to the area like a euro-fighter, but I won't complain if a GCI is added. I just hope they make it easier to get to as if I remember correctly, it was difficult to reach.(might be why TT are so unpopular)