TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

SFKK Northwest Territory

In addition to SFKK's Superman Power of Tower demolition, other things are happening at the park this year. Yes, Splashwater Kingdom is getting a new bowl slide, but some work is apparently also being done in the Northwest Territory section of the park. I believe Mile High Falls is getting refurbished, but what else is/should be happening?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I must say, when I visited this past fall, the park was looking the best it has since the pre-flagged days. They really are slowly sprucing up the park with subtle changes.

I'm 99% sure Top Eliminator has been removed, seeing how it's not listed on the park site, and it was surrounded by walls that said something along the lines of "building for the future" when I was there in September.

Honestly, my fantasy would be for them to remove Twisted Twins as well. The rides aren't that bad, but they are a huge waste of space and are really unpopular. The combo of Twisted Twins' space along with Top Eliminator's would give the park a nice plot of land to work with. I'd love to see a THBS in Eliminator's area, and then place a few flats a Kanonen-style Intamin rocket in place of the Twins. But yeah, I'm dreamin'.

There is so much that needs to be done to that place though. It kind of sucks as it is, but if they went about it right, they could use it's awkwardness to their advantage and make it a really interesting park. Overall though, I think they are moving in the right direction. The place looks so much better than it did two or three years ago.

The hard part, and what you have to remember about SFKK is that it is right next to the airport, so they will always have major height restrictions to deal with. That makes it suck since they can't build anything build. Maybe something like Nemesis or Mamba would be cool if they built it into the ground. Other than that, it would be very hard for them to get clearance to build much. Always seemed to me to be more of a ghetto SF park, just something they picked up because the price was right and they were in a buying mood.

^^Yeah, I think you're probably right on Six Flags buying them.

As for the height issue, while they'll never be able to build a true hyper coaster or anything, they still have a solid 150 ft to work with no matter where they are in the park, and at least 180 ft in the areas near the front. So it's not like they don't have the ability to build some major coasters, at least height-wise they do. Land-wise, they are kind of screwed at the moment.

Like Scaparri said, I could also see a THBS going where Dragster was. As for Twisted Twins, they could tear them down because they took up a lot of land, and they were just average. Sure they were fun, but they didn't do much. Some flats or a GCI would do great in their place too. Since Superman is being removed, a S&S tower could also be a good addition for the area.

SFKK was a nice park when I went in 2006, and while slightly run down, it was still a nice park. Well it was better than Elitch Gardens which I visited earlier that year. The park looks like it has improved a lot since when I went, and I may just try to go down there again.

Edited by Airtime&Gravity

I don't see the park getting any type of tower ride for a LONG time. It will take a while for talk about the accident to blow over...

Twisted Twins does take up a lot more space than you would expect. You could pretty much fit any coaster into the plot of land, unless like has been said, over 177ft. tall (which is the parks height limit). I can see the park putting in a THBS or Dark Knight coaster in the park very soon. The water park expansion is soon to end, because there isn't much room left. And no matter how much I pray, the park has not even looked into the removal of T2.

Is there a possibility of that coaster getting the new SLC trains and a refurb?

Twisted Twins does take up a lot more space than you would expect. You could pretty much fit any coaster into the plot of land, unless like has been said, over 177ft. tall (which is the parks height limit). I can see the park putting in a THBS or Dark Knight coaster in the park very soon. The water park expansion is soon to end, because there isn't much room left. And no matter how much I pray, the park has not even looked into the removal of T2.

They already have a Wild Mouse there. Turning it into a Dark Knight coaster would make some sense. I haven't been there in a while, but do they have space around the ride to do that?

^^As far as I can tell, Road Runner Express has plenty of room around it. The closest attractions are GL and the Skycoaster...

^I've always heard that SFKK was a cashcow, is this true?

I haven't been to SFKK and just looking at some things in the park doesn't want me to go. My home park is SFGAm so I'm not too far from there but I don't really want to visit it. Plus Mantis gave me a weggie so I'm guessing Chang will since it the same exact thing just a mirror design of Mantis.

The best thing the park could do right now is clean up. All the huge coasters can wait. Slap some fresh, bright paint everywhere, remodel some of the buildings (Omg, Chang's station needs so much love), and add a bunch of shade to the front half of the park.

If the park closed down for a year and got totally overhauled, I would happy.

After all that, take out Twisted Twins (such a dull ride - Roller Skater was more interesting) and add something of worth. That's a lot of land to work with (see red area).

I agree that it would be a good idea to turn their wild mouse into a Dark Night, but they should move it to T2's current location (which, of course, would mean the removal of T2 ). There really isn't enough room for all the theming they're doing with the others in its current location (see the blue areas).

sfkk12.jpg.872838f4f11fbe94ee1d28ea9b3d713a.jpg

Twisted Twins takes up a LOT of room.

Dark Night in T2's location?

^ Is there really only one path over the road that runs through the park?

And the two "double T" rides should leave eventually. Maybe an Intamin pre-fab where Twisted Twins is and a Batman invert where T2 is? Over the next several years, of course. That'd make 3 (or 4 with GL) big-name coasters, a few decent supporting rides, and (from what I hear) a really good waterpark. This really isn't a lost cause of a park.

IPlus Mantis gave me a weggie so I'm guessing Chang will since it the same exact thing just a mirror design of Mantis.

Chang will surprise you. It's way smoother than any of the other standups I've been on (that includes Mantis). Mantis is overforceful, uncomfortable and rough, where Chang is just forceful enough, fairly comfortable (for a standup), and smooth.

That's not to say that it's anything special in comparison to any of the really good rides in the world. But among standups, Chang is queen.