Will the world end in 2012???

DBru

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Vekoma Fan Boy: Just so you know, it is impossible for the world to end in 2012. If such was true, the rapture would have had to occurred almost 1000 years ago. Because it goes---> Rapture, time period before Isreal treaty, 7 year tribulation and 7 seal judgements, Christ's Millennial Kingdom.

just so you know.... this theory is before christianity was around..... this is an ancient religious theory. nothing to do with christ. it's the end of ancient religious records. that's all.

I know. I meant according to what I believe.

^ May I recommend taking a short break and watching a movie instead?

Perhaps "Mars Attacks" would do the trick.

I know whenever I am having one of those "the world is going to end in four years" days, that movie really helps cheer me up.

Oh I just figued it out. The themed restaurant in Manhattan is named Mars 2112, (not Mars 2012) Nostradamus was off by one hundred years. Everyone is fine.

^Sillier people who actually believe that someone can predict the future. Why does our society have some fixation on trying to figure out what happens to them before it does. Seriously can't you just be happy that for the most part you have control of your life, I mean if we really knew when the world would end can you imagine how big of a$$holes people would be.

^ (Probably my only serious reply to this thread) Rich, you are exactly right. People need to just live their own lives to the fullest and not live out of fear and constant worrying. One thing that struck me as highly interesting was something DBru said:

Our preacher just happened to bring it up in church last week.

Nothing like a new spin on the old "Fire & Brimstone" routine to scare people into becoming faithful churchgoers. The end of the world is coming, QUICK, don't do anything BAD or you'll end up in hell in about four years.

I have no problems with religion being a positive source of inspiration and motivation in people's lives, but using an underlying fear tactic to frighten people into faith seems so wrong.

Nothing like a new spin on the old "Fire & Brimstone" routine to scare people into becoming faithful churchgoers. The end of the world is coming, QUICK, don't do anything BAD or you'll end up in hell in about four years.

I have no problems with religion being a positive source of inspiration and motivation in people's lives, but using an underlying fear tactic to frighten people into faith seems so wrong.

To bad it will probably never go away either. It has been around a very long time. In fear or another way, as in "give me your money or you won't get into Heaven."

^^I can't believe I'm saying this, but... your right Wes! I never really thought of it like that, but there are so many things I don't do or participate in because of fear (brought on by my preacher...)

I hate you for saying something serious Wes! lol

I want to reiterate this yet again, cause it's getting too religious/off

no one ever predicted the end of the world. 2012 was the end of records made by many civilizations... ancient civilizations... that knew things that we just can't figure out... for example: astronomy, acoustics, TIME, space, architecture, and many many other things.

this shouldn't become a religious talk... but more about how freaking fascinating the ancient cultures were!

take a minute and look at the Mayan culture. They set up buildings nearly 2 football fields away where you can stand at two points, whisper something, and the second person will be able to hear you. They have buildings set up to the stars where every solstice a serpent appears along the side of the building using shadows.

These groups of people knew something we don't. They were land and agriculture based people where we are more technical and industrial people. Ancient Asian cultures are all based on the body.

Don't think of it as... "We're all going to die in 2012"... that's all hype set up by media... like the Y2K bug.

Use this to start opening questions like: Why do so many cultures (who didn't have the ability to communicate ideas cross-cultures) all point to 2012. What is it that they know, that we don't.

Let's not get silly here guys. Maybe it's just the way I see these cultures, but they're FREAKING fascinating! These were recorded LONG before stupid Nostradamus. LONG before the bible was recorded. LONG before us!

^ (Probably my only serious reply to this thread) Rich, you are exactly right. People need to just live their own lives to the fullest and not live out of fear and constant worrying. One thing that struck me as highly interesting was something DBru said:
Our preacher just happened to bring it up in church last week.

What's depressing to me is that our whole culture is built on fear--that terrorists will kill you, that your hair doesn't shine enough, that if you don't have the newest, coolest stuff no one will like you, etc.

Sad to say, but fear sells (as many churches have known for years and years).

^Death by terrorist to lack of shine in your hair... Such a large leap!

Merely an illustration of extremes--fear of losing your life to fear of lacking something to make your life complete (and, ergo, worth living).

Personally, I'm more afraid of being attacked by terrorists with serious dandruff.