TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

THE BIG MIKE ROAD SHOW - 10 YEAR ANNIVERSARY PICS ON PG 769

The Mountain Coaster at Jiminy Peak is a lot of fun. Just make sure you don't get stuck behind a slow person or it'll ruin the ride for you. Also, if you have time, the alpine slide is fun as well.

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ Thanks Sue! I will make sure to give the person in front of me a huge head start.

^^ I need 5 credits at Wonderland. So it is not just Bohemoth, but it is not every credit either I will be there at opening for sure and try to get as many as quickly as I can!

Does anyone know if our GPS things work up in Canada too?

Thanks!

Peace, Big Mike

Does anyone know if our GPS things work up in Canada too?

Good question Mike.

When we went down to Mexico, the GPS (Garmin 240) just showed a big whited-out block that was Mexico and nothing more.

You might want to check with your GPS provider if the are downloads and/or Canadian upgrades, or chips available.

JJ

Big Mike,

The majority of GPS devices come with maps of both the US and Canada. Mexico typically is not included. Just check with your manufacturer to see, but if it the maps are preloaded then you should have Canada. Good luck.

Thanks Jeff!

I appreciate the help my friend!

For everyone reading The Big Mike Road Show 2008, two years ago when I went on my first TPR trip, I was not a coaster collector like I am today.

Thus, this is why I am having to go back and clean up some coasters I left at these parks long ago.

Somewhere along the line after I met Jeff and listened to his stories of his trips, enjoyed his pictures of him in line with just the little kids, and saw the enjoyment he got out of hitting as many coasters as he could, I caught the Jeff Johnson bug.

I'd not only like to thank Jeff for being a great guy and a good friend, but acknowledge him here that it was his planting of the seeds a while back that has grown into letting me enjoy all of these stops on The Big Mike Road Show 2008 lately!

Peace, Big Mike

PS - Robb and Elissa heart felt thank you coming soon too

Thanks very much Shawn!

I am glad you are still helping me even though I am getting you in hot water with your wife and your pictures lol.

I need ALL those credits you are getting now!!!

Peace, Big Mike

Hi Friends!

Just nailing down some times just in case anyone wants to meet up.

Don't forget, everyone I meet gets their picture in my thread and also gets to check off a stop on the Official Big Mike Road Show T-Shirt!

I had a PM from someone who said they saw me at a park but was too intimidated to come up and say hi

Have no fear everyone, Big Mike loves company and is super friendly!

Just in case you still cannot just come up and say hi, here is the brand new secret password phrase that we will use from now on at The Big Mike Road Show 2008:

Get in earshot range of me and say "I wish it was snowing out". I will reply "Yes, then we could ski down the first drop". Then the ice will be broken and we can enjoy the day together!!!

Now, onto this weekend's adventure!

The Big Mike Road Show 2008 is proud to present the details of the Memorial Day weekend trip as follows:

(All times are estimates)

Friday May 23rd:

Jimini Peak - Opening at 11am

Jeepers Albany - Noon

Great Escape - 1pm

Sylvan Beach - 7pm

Saturday May 24th:

Darien Lake - Opening at 10:30

Martins Fantasy Island - 1:30

Marineland - 3:30

Sunday May 25th:

Canada's Wonderland - Opening at 10am

Centreville - 4pm

Monday May 26th:

Waldameer - Opening at 1pm

Midway Park - 5pm

The side stories of this trip:

The Rematch - Last year Big Mike visited The Great Escape and was denied going on The Road Runner coaster because they could not get the lap bar down. Some off season working out hopefully will have Big Mike coming out victorious this year!

Canada Border Patrol - Big Mike's last two trips to Canada have BOTH resulted in getting pulled over at border patrol and having his car completely ransacked. Once, ok. Two times in a row? Something fishy is going on.

Three new for 2008 coasters! - Bohemoth, Orange County Chopper, and Ravine Flyer 2!!!

Big Mike will try out his first ever mountain coaster at Jimini Peak!

Finally - Big Mike may finally get to obtain the credits at Martins Fantasy Island after 3 seperate trips past this park!

That is this weekend's update!

The Big Mike Road Show 2008 is already set to announce the following 2 weeks after that too!

Friday May 30th - Coaster Madness at Dorney Park!

Friday June 6 - CoasterMania at Cedar Point including Fun Fore All

I hope to see everyone at the park!

Please feel free to send me any hints, advice, comments, or feedback on this weekend's trip.

Thanks!!

Peace, Big Mike

Hope you have a great time this weekend Big Mike. I will be looking forward to the update when you post it. I hope you get all the credits you need. I will be heading down the shore for a little R&R. Although it will be a bit too chilly to go in the water I will still hit the beach and relax, maybe fly a kite, let my nephews dig in the sand, walk along the waters edge, enjoy the sights and smells of the Jersey Shore in North WildWood. Then on Monday, my husband and I are going to see Indiana Jones. Thank goodness that we have off on Monday from UPS, I need a break from that place. They are driving me crazy! I bet you feel the same way too! Be careful out there, there are crazy drivers on the roads during holiday weekends.

Thanks very much Shawn!

I am glad you are still helping me even though I am getting you in hot water with your wife and your pictures lol.

I need ALL those credits you are getting now!!!

Peace, Big Mike

Big Mike,

I can't wait for the Big Mike Southeast Asia Roadshow to show me how its done. As for your pictures getting me in trouble, all I need to do is show my wife your smiling face and all is forgiven.

Hey Big Mike!

I was planning on meeting you on the 25th at Wonderland. Unfortunately, I'll be on a school trip all weekend

I look forward to hearing about your time at Wonderland, though, and wish you the best on your Road Show

Looking forward to meeting the Show at Coastermania bright and too early.

My 10 year old daughter ( who will OBVIOUSLY be too sick for the last day of school) is looking forward to be having her picture in a TR. She wanted to ask if you would ride her her favorite coaster, Magnum, with her.

307, have a fantastic time at the Jays game! Hope they win and you catch a foul ball!

Jazz, Have a nice time on the school trip! Where are you going? I know you will be thinking I should be riding Bohemoth with Big Mike instead of doing this

Hopefully sometime down the road I will meet up with both of you somewhere!

Slither, bright and early!! I would be honored to ride Magnum with your daughter! Look forward to meeting you too and combining forces for the scavenger hunt contest!

Something weird is happening, the weather is supposed to be perfect?? That has not happened lately

Peace, Big Mike

Hey there Friends!!

Big Mike coming at ya live from somewhere near Syracuse NY during the Big Mike Road Show 2008!

What a day!

My first stop was the mountain coaster at Jimini Peak, which to Big Mike's poor planning, does not open until tomorrow. So I took some pictures and moved on.

2nd stop was Jeepers Albany and all went well claiming that one credit.

3rd stop was The Great Escape, where I met soon to be Mianland Europe trippers Craig (IggyAce) and his son Gage and his daughter Kaitlyn. They had a front row seat as Big Mike WON his rematch with the Road Runner coaster today!!! I also ran into Bob and Deb. Even though I had on my TPR hoodie because it was cold and hid my "Big Mike" shirt, Bob STILL picked me out!!!! The self promotion stuff is working

4th stop was Sylvan Beach and the roller coaster Gods finally smiled on Big Mike and the downpour came 5 mintes AFTER Big Mike rode instead of 5 minutes before

Hope to see more of you sometime this weekend!!

Trip reports soon.

Peace, Big Mike

Hi my Friends!

Another quick hello and only 1 picture since it is past 2am here in Canada and I am going to be at opening at Canadas Wonderland this morning!

Here are the quick updates:

Opened the day at Darien Lake, waited over an hour for them to open the Motocoaster, then gave up. Finally caught it later in the day.

That delay caused me to cancel Marineland, which I probably would have done anyway.

Also got Martins Fantasy Island. That Silver Comit was a nice surprise.

Oh, Superman still made me smile too.

Well ONCE AGAIN, crossing the border into Canada, Big Mike gets pulled aside and his car totally ransacked by the border patrol!

WTF???

3 TIMES IN A ROW NOW??

Last time they went through my computer and my camera, this time I outsmarted them by putting a password on my computer and keeping my camera in my pocket. The dopes didn't turn my computer back off though.

Well I will leave everyone with this one picture. I am not sure if this was posted anywhere already, but it surprised me. If anyone is in the know about this, let me know but I am about 99% sure that the person on the cover of Darien Lake's Park map is my good buddy Bruno!

Let me know what you think if you know Bruno already.

See you at Canada's Wonderland and Centreville today!!

Peace, Big Mike

Peace, Big Mike

010.JPG.526297977fbaa7cdb70b9e23496f5dff.JPG

That sure does look like my best bud Bruno!

Sorry you had border problems.... again.

Welcome to Canada, buddy!

(Edit: And sorry I won't be seeing you up here, other side of the country and all, coughcough. So - see you in June in Paris, then!)

Well ONCE AGAIN, crossing the border into Canada, Big Mike gets pulled aside and his car totally ransacked by the border patrol!

Honestly, Big Mike, if you stop with all this flagrant self-promotion, you wouldn't have to worry about the shady individuals in your Road Show entourage.

Now, if you just stop being such a credit whore and spent the holiday weekend out here in the great Northwest relaxing and enjoying the great scenery, you wouldn't have these kinds of problems.

Oh, well. See you in a few weeks when we conquer Europe. (P.S. Bring that "Single" sign of yours. I want to use when we're there.)

LOL @ Bruno being on the cover of the park map!!! That's awesome!!

I'm pretty sure that is the Zamperla promo picture from last years Zamperla catalog. I remember Bruno donating those for the trivia contest on the bus last year in Germany.

Anyone else remember that??

JJ

Just a former lurker who finally joined TPR forums to say hi. Really enjoy all the pictures of your trips and the stories of your adventures for your coaster credits. I doubt I will ever be able to do something like this so it's fun to read your reports. Keep them coming!

Hey my friends!!! Hey "Incredible" BIG - Bikini Collector - Mike!!!

Yes I am!!! Darien Lake has produced a couple of different leaflets including some original pics of Motocoaster taken during our tests in Italy!!! Zamperla Inc. friends have already sent to me a copy of each leaflet/map a couple of days ago!!! Unfortunately I was not payed (no money, no gadgets, nothing... ) for this... but I am happy to be part of the show !!!

Here attached you can see the original pic used on Park World cover!!!

motocoaster_parkworldcover.jpg.2ce470c5f501006b75b28091ae8d4298.jpg

I knew it was you!!!

You should have seen how surprised I was to look down and see you smiling and riding. I told the people next to me that I knew you. I had a big smile on my face to see my good buddy on there.

I knew it had to be you since there are not too many guys that have those great looks like you do

It must be great getting all the hot babes and not even having to use a babe magnet shirt like I have to.

It was nice "seeing" you and hearing from you again Bruno, even if it was just on the cover of a park map!

We have to figure out how to get The Big Mike Road Show 2008 on the cover one day.

Peace, Big Mike

WTF???

3 TIMES IN A ROW NOW??

Last time they went through my computer and my camera, this time I outsmarted them by putting a password on my computer and keeping my camera in my pocket. The dopes didn't turn my computer back off though.

What were the previous reasons for by chance? Did you not declare something perhaps?

If you're ever caught not declaring something,etc they black flag you. At which point every time you cross you will be searched.

Me personally, my border crossings get easier and easier each time I cross. I'm averaging two questions, and 30 seconds at the booth.