TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

THE BIG MIKE ROAD SHOW - 10 YEAR ANNIVERSARY PICS ON PG 769

Great Trip Report as always Big Mike! I'm extremely jealous of you and the other TPR members that got to go to this media day but it's all good! Looks like it was a blast! Can't wait to ride Bizzaro when I finally get back to Great Adventure hopefully sometime next month(probably not till father's day but we will see). I saw Mark Kane alot when I went a few times last month. He's a cool guy especially when he is around watching people enjoy the park. I don't think I've ever seen a park manager as much as I've seen him in any other parks I've visited(granted I wouldn't know them if I saw them )

Your doggy is so adorable by the way! Great Roadshow promoter you got there.

I can't wait to go to Cedar Point and King's Island in about a week! One of the reasons I decided to go was because of your report last year, I'll actually bring my camera and try and do a report of my own but I doubt it will be as good as yours but I'll give it a shot! My coaster count is only about 38 now but by the time I get back it should be closer to 50!

Anyway that brings me to a few questions I wanted to ask, how painful are Meanstreak, corkscrew, and Son of Beast for a person my size and are they really worth the credits? I'm scared to death of these coasters so please let me know! Other Big Mike readers are welcome to put in their two cents as well.

Eltoro... are you going to CP for Coastermania?

If you need the credits for corkscrew and MS, ride them, I would say the pain should be minimal and worth the credit. Having said that, there are 3 coasters at CP that I no longer ride; corkscrew, MS and Mantis, except on the very rare occasion I am there with someone who needs the credits.

Mixed somewhat on Son of Beast. My spine still has memories of riding that. The last time I rode this was when the loop was there, and based on what I have heard, it is still bad.

Spent a great morning at KI with Big Mike, Craig, James and Gage. Thanks and look forward to riding some more with Craig and Gage at Coastermania.Wait until you all see the pics of Mike credit whoring on Little Bills Giggle Coaster.

I take it BM fit on Diamond back?

Without any problem at all, those hyper seats are niiiiiiice.

Thank you Brian, Tyler, and Amanda for helping with my cell phone. It's a little banged up, but happy to be back in my pocket where it belongs.

Sorry I didn't get to see you off, Big Mike, but I couldn't find you after they got my cell phone back. Hope the rest of your trips are awesome and hope you get a Beast night ride in tonight!

Peace.

Oh and ^ Big Mike already has that credit.

-James Dillaman

I don't know about Diamond Back.

....but Diamondback was a thumbs up from Big Mike!

Nice meeting you, along with Craig and his son! It was nice to see a little TPR love at Kings Island.

I was on the train being filmed with some of the ASA skateboard/BMX dudes, I gave a shout out to TPR! I'll have to see if I turn up in it.

Looking forward to Indiana Beach!

-Zach

Eltoro... are you going to CP for Coastermania?

If you need the credits for corkscrew and MS, ride them, I would say the pain should be minimal and worth the credit. Having said that, there are 3 coasters at CP that I no longer ride; corkscrew, MS and Mantis, except on the very rare occasion I am there with someone who needs the credits.

Mixed somewhat on Son of Beast. My spine still has memories of riding that. The last time I rode this was when the loop was there, and based on what I have heard, it is still bad.

Spent a great morning at KI with Big Mike, Craig, James and Gage. Thanks and look forward to riding some more with Craig and Gage at Coastermania.Wait until you all see the pics of Mike credit whoring on Little Bills Giggle Coaster.

I'm actually only going to be there the beginning of the week and doing King's island during Coastermania(I don't belong to a coaster club of any kind to take advantage of coastermania so I won't be going to it). I'll be on my way to sandusky the 31st and heading to King's island the 3rd and going home on the 6th. I did this so I would be only doing the parks during the week and traveling on the weekend and getting home hopefully early enough I can have a day to relax from my vacation and be ready for work on monday morning the following week.

If you are up for hanging out any of the days I'm there let me know and I'll look for you.

As for the coasters I'm scared of I guess everything is worth one ride but after riding some coasters that people said 'weren't so bad' I found them horrible. I about thought I would die or have internal bruising from Great American Scream Machine at Great Adventure(you will never get me on that ride again). I also came off Wild Cat at hershey crying the thing shook so much and that doesn't have that bad of a reputation the coasters I mentioned do as much so you can imagine my fear. I swear GASM was only bad because I'm short, if I were taller and somewhat bigger I would have more padding from the lurching the thing does to you.

Big Mike, I'm SOOO jealous that you got to ride Blue Too!

We have tried contacting John a few times while we were down that way for Holliwood Nights, but never had any luck. I'm not sure how long he has had Blue Too up and running, but I was at least hoping to be able to take a spin on Blue Flash.

Congratulations!

What did you think of Voyage?

P.S. I have a huge favor to ask of you. If you get some spare time, please check out this thread that I started. We are having a contest at my work and I'm trying everything possible to win, haha!

http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=50764

'm actually only going to be there the beginning of the week and doing King's island during Coastermania(I don't belong to a coaster club of any kind to take advantage of coastermania so I won't be going to it)

Every member of a coaster club can bring one guest. So if you change your mind and want to go to a day of Coastermania, you could be mine and my daughter's 2nd guest.

The just announced ERT schedule:

Friday, June 5

* (10:15 - 11:15 p.m.) Magnum XL-200 & Skyhawk

* (11:00 p.m. - Midnight) Maverick

Saturday, June 6

* (6:00 - 8:00 a.m.) Millennium Force

* (7:00 - 9:00 a.m.) Top Thrill Dragster & Power Tower

* (11:15 p.m. - 12:15 a.m.) maXair & Blue Streak

* (11:30 p.m. - 12:30 a.m.) Raptor

2hours on MF and 2 hours on Dragster sounds great. Too bad I have not figured out a way of splitting myself in two to get the entire two hours on each.

One thing that I think could be done better: Why not have Maverick and Skyhawk ERT together? And then Magnum and TTD? Sure would cut down on some walking, and from past experience, I know I am dragging for the night time ERT, but this year will be there for it all, Raptor until 12:30!

Wow!

What a GREAT trip!!

A group of 14 today at Six Flags Great America!

Group of 7 at Indiana Beach!

Group of 6 at Kings Island!

Every stop had good friends show up.

Hope everyone who came out to say hello at any of The Big Mike Road Show Stops had a great time!!!

A super special thanks to Craig (Iggyace) for everything!!!!

More to follow!

Peace, Big Mike