TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

THE BIG MIKE ROAD SHOW - 10 YEAR ANNIVERSARY PICS ON PG 769

Congrats on a whirlwind coaster tour, Big Mike! Enjoyed it much and got more than a few laughs out your unique brand of humor. Truly, an epic adventure.

As for Big Mike Road Show 2009, I kind of thought that was a given. Well, if it's up in the air, you've got my vote for a 2009 tour. Would love to see it and will definitely come out to support it.

No Big Mike Roadshow in 2009? This is why it doesn't pay to have heroes

Did you happen to see that Skate Daze made USA Today's national "10 Best Places to Let Good Times Roll on Skates" list last week? Do you think USA Today or anyone else had ever heard of Skate Daze before the Big Mike Roadshow? I think not!

Keep the roadshow alive in 2009. You owe it to the American people! During the Great Depression they had Seabiscuit. During the Not-So-Great Recession we have Big Mike!

The hopes of a nation ride on your coasters.

Hi Friends!!!!!

It is time for the next park on The Big Mike Road Show 2008!!

I know it has been a little bit, but I have been busy voting for Halloween costume contests and sending postcards!!

The next park on the tour was Arnold's Park in Iowa

This park was on the fence if I was going to go that far North to visit it, but I am so glad I did!

I hope you enjoy!

Peace, Big Mike

346.JPG.2e769a7bfb9c0e7edc76a78f967f0dce.JPG

... it is a beautiful park and a whole lot of fun! Thanks again Scott! Hope you enjoyed! Peace, Big Mike

328.JPG.d139b714473cb96a6e88f4d83207ec9c.JPG

Arnold's Park! I know it is out in the middle of nowhere, BUT....

343.JPG.29609d31d08fd5f32736fad74a1c0819.JPG

Go carts.

341.JPG.9750979547f2b6ab30e8e66651ad8366.JPG

Bumper cars.

322.JPG.932fe6c2a398f8f875be5c8d7da4a9e5.JPG

Ferris wheel.

331.JPG.e788fc1d787c69f5e785e5d2b7fce10a.JPG

My friend Jeff Johnson counts this as a credit.

296.JPG.fb12fa65485a644b37c9f3ca855e1521.JPG

A cool train that pulls what looks to be a coaster train.

293.JPG.162b6ab98fbdf7270dcd139c80d9f9d5.JPG

Bug house.

288.JPG.2665531bde26ac6b185402d9fcd1a8f6.JPG

Log flume.

278.JPG.7e5f7e46f9dd4104d9f59d6a42934804.JPG

Some other attractions at the park include a mirror maze.

277.JPG.971d035f41f8e14b5dad1d83ba972cbb.JPG

The ride ends with some bunny hops on the shoreline.

325.JPG.395581e3fc771c4fcf7593c7b03e52be.JPG

I guess this kid did not want to look. (What are the odds that in back to back trip reports, there is a kid with his hands up but his eyes closed?)

310.JPG.ba44cd576c901486cc926160e855cf1f.JPG

Look at the view when you start heading back to the station!

291.JPG.4ce286a202716f368f76910a9fff9d92.JPG

Double angle.

318.JPG.9f72f105a02c724e24acf6abbb284461.JPG

In the middle of the course, they have this nice flat stretch.

307.JPG.0ea0d14769b8f57ae2651617e7a60ba5.JPG

2nd drop.

281.JPG.2e859c0ddc13a74bf74a7d83a0170c9b.JPG

You then make a turn around next to this big tree.

287.JPG.d7fc7c939438d965144189c3a96fd401.JPG

Another angle of the first drop.

304.JPG.ef5d2ce8e078f3a450aa80a15159809e.JPG

The 1st drop.

321.JPG.9c57c719c13b06b31d6b1f2317291140.JPG

It's the point of no return.

313.JPG.d82d299398443d47cb2052a4973f2c1f.JPG

Don't worry, your good friend Big Mike has you covered.

300.JPG.b47a44da561507cbab0d427e44db0949.JPG

The lift. Having trouble reading the sign at the top?

273.JPG.2aea0c263d9fd4dd6e7b6359ed2f60b6.JPG

As a special Theme Park Review EXCLUSIVE, come ride along with The Mighty Big Man on coaster #700!

352.JPG.53872e950240fc2dd431fd4714636985.JPG

... It's time for Big Mike to ride his 700th coaster, The Legend Roller Coaster!!!

339.JPG.985a78039623e54fd587d78fe141de87.JPG

After riding, the park swelled with people from all over ready to catch a glimpse of the big moment...

267.JPG.b2f6b9a67b616932f9d4b2946796d9a7.JPG

Credit #699 for Big Mike!

264.JPG.239390f75ad874db01732c0d0c8d4ceb.JPG

I went to the Park Manager Scott, who is VERY cool about letting enthusiasts get the credit. I was told you may need to show your ACE card, but his words were "This guy is good!" Ka Ching!!!!

263.JPG.fd1dcbb3b2fc5be4887e58cfe47a6b39.JPG

The dude still says no, but Big Mike has an "ace" up his sleeve this time.

349.JPG.76634ab3151a97e4dfcaabad9260bfd7.JPG

Can't use the Big Mike charm since a dude is running it, so I tell him if he does not see anything, no one will hear anything as I won't tell anyone.

255.JPG.3e9cee0431d4287edd71dc2932d7cd3b.JPG

Hmmm, trouble! Notice the sign says UNDER 48 inches, and I am standing tall at 73 inches.

294.JPG.113a23b29ed0d5936a5100518983f565.JPG

Here are some kids enjoying the Kiddie Coaster.

338.JPG.1936355e2e6fb8a17e43d64ed1aa950d.JPG

A view from the back.

258.JPG.7ad69a36d0e1f797b07e3a3d21507d6a.JPG

No boats, just coasters for the Big Man. Here is The Kiddie Coaster!

344.JPG.05bf61f5d224e6f177abf82453dfbb05.JPG

You can even go out for a boat ride!

260.JPG.b5b40429833594eeea7b7f90a19988f8.JPG

The park is located right on the water.

251.JPG.f6d59d20dd47b8e6e9c127f2bae96188.JPG

The park map.

252.JPG.12a9d63c5d03509dccf0f14d39225404.JPG

Here are the prices with a pretty reflection.

248.JPG.75e9132dc5f0218917b1ec41cdf7d74e.JPG

Arnold's Park! Maybe the best park sign I have ever come across!

I saved that one for last since it was my favorite too!

Sadly, I take all my pictures in the lowest resolution possible to make it easy to upload on here

Thats all I have for ya!

Glad you liked it though!

Peace, Big Mike

Hey Friends!!!

Wow! We almost fell off the front page!!

2 more spots and The Big Mike Road Show would have made its first appearance EVER on page number 2, phew!

I have been waiting for someone to post anything here, but could not wait any longer!

The last post was Sue 5 days ago!!!

Anyway, since noone posted since, I myself will get the honor of making this post and moving The Big Mike Road Show thread now into the Top 15 threads of ALL TIME in terms of replies!!!

Also, this week The Big Mike Road Show moved up to 17th ALL TIME in terms of views!!!

Climbing BOTH charts.

Congrats to all the valuable Big Mike Readers who helped Katie win the trip to Disneyland, way to go!!!

A few more days and we find out if we helped Sammy win her postcard contest too!!

The Readeers RULE!!!

Big Mike has been super busy during the coaster off season so far!!

Last weekend I took in 2 shows in NYC, this past Friday I took in a show and went to the Halloween parade in the Village, and yesterday 2 more shows!

That, and so far guiding all 6 of my fantasy football teams to winning records so far!

Tonight I will update the thread with another park, VALLEYFAIR!!!

Peace, Big Mike

We are all ready for more Trip Reports!!!!!!

Cant wait to see our house and the most beautiful bikini chick on TPR!

We bought our 2009 season passes, we only got the gold passes because it looks like April will be in Thailand working most of the summer so that will really cut down our ride time! Parker really wants to come back east and go to some of your favorite parks with you!!!!!! Every time a new kid comes to our house, the first thing PArker does is show them the poster in his room of the top 10 coasters in the world and tell them that his friend Big Mike has been on all of them!!!!!!

Hey Friends!!!

Wow! We almost fell off the front page!!

2 more spots and The Big Mike Road Show would have made its first appearance EVER on page number 2, phew!

I have been waiting for someone to post anything here, but could not wait any longer!

The last post was Sue 5 days ago!!!

Anyway, since noone posted since, I myself will get the honor of making this post and moving The Big Mike Road Show thread now into the Top 15 threads of ALL TIME in terms of replies!!!

Also, this week The Big Mike Road Show moved up to 17th ALL TIME in terms of views!!!

Climbing BOTH charts.

Congrats to all the valuable Big Mike Readers who helped Katie win the trip to Disneyland, way to go!!!

A few more days and we find out if we helped Sammy win her postcard contest too!!

The Readeers RULE!!!

Big Mike has been super busy during the coaster off season so far!!

Last weekend I took in 2 shows in NYC, this past Friday I took in a show and went to the Halloween parade in the Village, and yesterday 2 more shows!

That, and so far guiding all 6 of my fantasy football teams to winning records so far!

Tonight I will update the thread with another park, VALLEYFAIR!!!

Peace, Big Mike

Exhibit A why I voted "NO" to the prop asking if Michael should post about his travels in 2009.

Yikes, you're one scary guy.

Thanks for taking interest good buddy

I did not want to clog up the coaster boards with non coaster stuff, but since the head honcho is asking!!!

Last week I went to see Gypsy with Patti Lupone which was very good! I then went to see an off Broadway show that night called Break Out, which was a chinese comedy which was hiliarious.

This weekend on Friday I went to Madison Square Garden's little theater and saw WinTuk, which was a Cirque De Solias (spelling) show, which was very impressive. I left that and headed down to the Village to see all the outragious Halloween costumes in the big parade, which I have a few pictures to share sometime soon.

Yesterday I went to see Fault Lines, which is directed by David Schwimmer from Friends, which was one of the best shows I have seen yet, and then saw She's Black, He's Jewish, The're Married, Oy Vey! That was adult comedy and I laughed all night.

Can't wait for some friends to come out and see some shows!!

Also, this IS the year I finally go skating at Rockerfeller Center under the Christmas tree, a looooooong time things to do but haven't yet activity!!

OK, who is coming??

Peace, Big Mike

Exhibit A why I voted "NO" to the prop asking if Michael should post about his travels in 2009.

Hey if you don't want to read his trip reports or what he has to say then i suggest you do one thing. Don't click his thread to read it. Its that simple, there is a little thing in this world called free speech. Plus if anyone should be telling him he shouldn't post its the owners of this site, not you.

Hey if you don't want to read his trip reports or what he has to say then i suggest you do one thing. Don't click his thread to read it. Its that simple, there is a little thing in this world called free speech. Plus if anyone should be telling him he shouldn't post its the owners of this site, not you.

It's a little hypocritical of you to mention free speech and then complain about what someone else writes.

Some people enjoy this thread and some find the writer creepy and don't like the thread. Just like it never mattered to Howard Stern whether you liked him or not, as long as you listened. It doesn't matter to Michael whether you like it or not as long as people feed his ego by opening the thread and responding.

Until he makes a John Lennonesque comment about being bigger then TPR his threads will continue.

I would have to agree somewhat and disagree somewhat with what Larry is saying.

I DO care what people think of the thread, but I only will listen to any friends that I have met and thier concerns and comments.

People who I have never met, or are fair weather friends or haters, I really could care less what they have to say.

This thread is for the Valuable Big Mike Readers and true friends that I have met, and will continue to meet again in 2009 with a whole bunch of new friends added and you can see and read all about it in The Big Mike Road Show 2009!!!!!!

Coming soon!!!

Love to all, even the haters!

Peace, Big Mike

Agreed!

Personally, I feel that Big Mike is a PERFECT example of what we promote here at Theme Park Review.

He goes out and visits tons of parks and comes here to share his experiences with everyone else. He asks for nothing yet gives a ton.

He's got personality and "Big Mike" has certainly become one of the many TPR "characters."

Many times when I introduce the site to parks I actually introduce it as a "cast of characters" that love to travel to parks and report back to inform and entertain.

Why do you think we do our videos and trip reports in the matter that we do? My personal background is in entertainment and I really do look at TPR as much of an "entertainment piece" as I do an informative website.

So bottom line, if someone on TPR has managed to create something that so many people find interesting that it cracks the top 20 of all time read posts, I give that person a *LOT* of credit and even more so, tons of *THANKS!*

I can only think of a few people on TPR who have managed this, and I encourage more people to try.

BIG MIKE IS EXACTLY WHAT TPR IS ALL ABOUT!!!

--Robb "This post comes from the heart!" Alvey

Ditto what Robb said!

Mike, we didn't do the Texas trip. Parker was the QB of his football team and they went to the playoffs so we had to stay closer to home. We did go to SF STL and had a blast! Parkers coaster count is now 40!

We will email you a pic of Parker at QB.

Jeffrey,April,and Parker

Thanks for taking interest good buddy

I did not want to clog up the coaster boards with non coaster stuff, but since the head honcho is asking!!!

Last week I went to see Gypsy with Patti Lupone which was very good! I then went to see an off Broadway show that night called Break Out, which was a chinese comedy which was hiliarious.

This weekend on Friday I went to Madison Square Garden's little theater and saw WinTuk, which was a Cirque De Solias (spelling) show, which was very impressive. I left that and headed down to the Village to see all the outragious Halloween costumes in the big parade, which I have a few pictures to share sometime soon.

Yesterday I went to see Fault Lines, which is directed by David Schwimmer from Friends, which was one of the best shows I have seen yet, and then saw She's Black, He's Jewish, The're Married, Oy Vey! That was adult comedy and I laughed all night.

Can't wait for some friends to come out and see some shows!!

Also, this IS the year I finally go skating at Rockerfeller Center under the Christmas tree, a looooooong time things to do but haven't yet activity!!

OK, who is coming??

Peace, Big Mike

Cirque De Soleil has a spelling show? I heard about that one. I think it's call "Edu'cation." I think it's pronounced (Adieu- ca'-tune). Is it as brilliant as critics say? Did they have those statue men doing the alphabet? Oh, and the bungie jumping actobats artfully describing what a dangling participle is? Wow! Is there nothing those silly French Canadiens can't make into a Cirque show?

Guy "Looking forward to more Roadshow." Koepp

Exhibit B - Just a random observation here, but for someone who is so "scared" of Big Mike, you sure do spend a good deal of time checking up on how the thread's going.

Also, Robb that was very well put. I couldn't agree more.

Now if we could just get to those remaining duckies.